“A wonderful stay”

Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Bolton, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a holiday arranged at short notice by my son who wanted a family holiday. Having previously lived in Cyprus he chose he Grand Resort. He flew from Gatwick and we from Manchester meeting up at Pathos.Late at night. He had arranged a car and we travelled to the hotel.. We were pleasantly surprised by the very warm greeting we received.
A substantial meal was provided at 2330hrs for the family before retiring to our beds.
The hotel was fabulous, the staff excellent, there was a very substantial breakfast each day, so much so lunch was rarely considered.
The Friday night my son and wife went to meet friends so with my wife and grandchildren we had an evening meal at the hotel.. The next thing we noticed that a number of people sat around us and started with music. A gentleman came to us and engaged in conversation especially with my 8 year old grandson. The conversation turned to football of which grandson is a keen fan. It turned out that the gentleman was the owner of the hotel and himself a keen football fan being the Chairman of Famagusta club. He presented a signed football to grandson, which topped off a wonderful week at the Grand Resort. One of the best hotels I have ever visited and will do so again in the future

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RIM41616

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked a room for my birthday (last night) for a relaxing get away. We turned up to the hotel at 6 p.m. and we were given a room on the fifth floor facing the main road. This was not our first stay at the hotel (but definitely our last) so we knew everything regarging where it is situated, the adjacent main road e.t.c.).
The night started well since an hour upon arrival we had a complimentary birthday cake from the hotel for my birthday.
However........at 12:30 a.m. we were woken up by blasting music coming from a pub across the road. The windows were simply SHAKING....The music was so loud that we could have danced to the rhythm if we felt like.....
But we were not in the mood for any jokes.
I called the receptionist and complained and he told me that he would take care of the situation.
Nothing.... Half an hour later I took the lift to the reception and complained again. The receptionist mentioned to me that this is the case every Saturday since the owner of the pub turns it into a night club. He called someone (presumably someone from the pub and begged him to turn down the music).
Nothing changed so after half an hour we packed your bags and checked out.
Upon our checking out at 1:30 am a second receptionist tried to come up with excuses when we actually mentioned to him that since that is the case every Saturday why do they give out rooms facing the road to clients. He replied that the first receptionist was wrong (wrong approach against his colleague) and that this was a private party and it happened only that night.
Nevertheless we didn't care since they couldn't come up with a solution. We left at 1:30 am and drove all the way back home.
P.S. I was trying for a couple of hours in the evening to have access to my iPad using the hotel's Wifi with no result since it wasn't working.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chryer74
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Spacious and very clean rooms, ideal location (seafront but with nice gardens), delicious food, rich breakfast buffet.Friendly staff, always ready to help. Experienced personnel at the kid's club! Excellent for long weekends, perfect for your vacation.

Room Tip: Definately sea view room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GogoAlexandrinou
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 week with my daughter as I stayed here 17 years ago when she was a child, we had the most amazing time, the service was wonderful, cleanliness was excellent and so was the food, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Last weekend was the second time that i have visited this hotel !
Unfortunately the second time was not my decision.
This hotel is surely not a 5star!
The reasons are the following :
Firstly the sauna&jacusi was not working and the steam bath was smelling really bad.
Although the guy there was very friendly and tried to help!
Outside, the garden lamps were very dirty with spider webs !
The only thing that was for a five star hotel was the price !!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mrmikethehonest
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was in Cyprus on business and moved here when my previous hotel put it's prices up. What a stroke of luck that was.
This is a stunning resort (far too big to just be a hotel) with fantastic views.
The pool and beach areas are just beautiful with beach towels provided by the resort for free.
All the staff were impeccably dressed and always friendly when approached. The door and reception staff greeted you with a smile whenever you entered.
My room was great and you could sleep 4 in the bed as it was that big. Everything was 5 star and spotless. Air Con, flat screen TV and free wi-fi were great and there was even an internet plug-in for your laptop.
If I was trying to be really picky the only negative I could find was that location wise there are not many reasonably priced bars in the local area (the ones opposite were very expensive) and I found myself getting a taxi into the main strip of Limassol at night.
All in all this is a fantastic resort which reminded me a bit of a Las Vegas but with a lot more class. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try and get a free seaview upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adrian377
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights from the 2nd of October 2013. It was an amazing hotel and truly a 5 star experience. The hotel and room where kept very clean, and the service from the staff and food where excellent. We would like to thank Petra (Receptionist), Kyriakos (Restaurant Manager), Aristos (Reservations Manager), & every single other member of the staff for an amazing stay. They made us feel very welcome and where extremely friendly and helpful.

We have recommended this hotel to our friends and family, and we hope to stay here again in the future.

Michael & Ero Demetriou