Valana Hotel Apts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
TSANotel(Limassol)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2007

Booked a last minute deal , thankfully we didnt pay the full brochure price. Having read the other reviews before we went meant we knew what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised though, we had 2 large apartments, 1 for ourselves and one next door for our 3 teenagers.Air conditioning was extra but was necessary. Music started at 10am at the pool and the afternoons and weekend proved very popular with the locals. If anything it added more color and holiday atmosphere and they bought drinks and food at the pool bar.
Drinks and food are expensive. Very nice Chinese restaurant called Patagoda at the front of hotel, worth booking.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank binks15
Reviewed 7 August 2006

We stayed at the hotel/apartments in August 06. I would say that the accomodation was OK - nothing really immpresive. It was clean enough and sheets were changed every two days but I would recommend to bring your own towels. The most annoying thing was that the pool was open to the public, so everyday it was full of locals. The hotel is situated just 5 min walk from main taverns and 'night life' area. It is a good place to sleep but nothing more.
Ps. air con is L2 per day.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank Vacator
Reviewed 4 November 2005

The Valana apartments were a bit of a mixed bag. We were in an annexe away from the main hotel, seemingly in a block unpopulated by any other guests. This did not bother me too much, but the building site across the road did.

Not really the Valanas fault that though. The apartments were very spacious, apart from the tiny bathroom. I couldn't fault the apartment in terms of facilities and cleanliness. The bed was uncomfortable, more pillows required.

The staff at the Valana were friendly and helpful. We went through Olympus, and they seemed well organised. We went on excursions to the Cyprus night, which was excellent, and Paphos, which was pretty good as well.

There is a pool at the Valana, with an attached bar. This was quite nice, but was marred by the loud music pumping out from some local radio station, and the locals who descended on the pool in the afternoon. I come on holiday to relax and not feel like I am being pushed out of a pool I have paid for by a bunch of non-paying guests.

Night time entertainment at the Valana is fleeting, and not quite right. The tiny bar is good enough, but the guests are an odd mix of old locals with young thai women, ex-pat locals and random guests. There is no sense of a "community" as you get in some hotels.

Regarding Limassol itself, it is a busy town, on a main road. It is not a picturesque Cypriot town. There are some nice bars and restaurants, but it is very reminiscent of a tacky Spanish resort. There is no beach.

It is also very expensive - Cypriot pound prices are equivalent to UK Pound prices out here, but the exchange rates it is more expensive than the UK.

I would recommend Cyprus, as the locals are very friendly and it is hot - But not the Valana or Limassol. Go to the East of the island or somewhere more tranquil instead.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank TheGP
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 11 October 2005

My husband and I were dissappointed in the Hotel management's inability to control unruly guests. We were put in an annexe to the actual hotel. Despite numerous requests to behave more acceptably some guests (football fans) vommitted, made noise and messed themselves on their balcony from 4am. the racket continued until the morning. The management choose not to evict these guests and we had no choice but to seek alternative accomodation at our own expense. I will not return or use Argo/ Medlife holidays unless I receive an apology and recompense for my extra expenses.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2005

Room was clean and fine for what was required.
Sheets could have been changed a bit more often, as was there for 2 weeks and they were on changed once.
Overall a fairly friendly hotel.
If you are looking for somewhere to eat you have to try 'The Thatch House' Restaurant and bar which is situated in front of one of the blocks of apartments of the hotel, and just behind the swiming pool. Food and service was excellent!
Have a good trip