“no room at the inn”

and 1 more site!
Atlantica Oasis Hotel
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We booked in feb 2012 to go to our friends wedding which was to take place at the gardens within this hotel. we arrived one week after the bridal party of 16. As the friends we were coming solely to attend the wedding. We arrived and were given a welcome drink only to then be told we could not stay as there were NO rooms available !!
WE explained we were part of the wedding party but this did not change things. The bride and groom were called and became very distressed as it was apparent that nothing would or could be done.
We were sent a 10 min taxi ride away and had to contact our rep back in UK to explain what had happend. We had 2 days of worry as to weather we could attend our friends wedding on an All inclusive basis, which is what we had booked. This caused such dissapointment to everyone and the maddening thing was that a certain tour opperator was given special treatment as other guests who had booked with them Got rooms although we had been told there were none left.
Our tour opperator was great they coverd our taxi costs so we could spend SOME time with our friends and we were upgraded, they arranged unlimited all inclusive for both hotels, but this was a special holliday and we should have been with the wedding party the whole time as that was the reason we went.
This happend to many guests who had booked this hotel, every day other people were being shipped to the Atlantica,Miramare which is were we stayed. Most people did not mind as it is a better hotel,, but in our case as a group of 4 friends attending a wedding this was not what we had booked and to some degree spoilt our trip. BEWARE !!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank julia w
Write a ReviewReviews (2,261)

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We went for 2 weeks there were 7 of us ages range from 19-80 and we all thought the hotel was great. Upon arrival we had a cold drink and then taken to our rooms they were lovely very clean and a towel change everyday except sunday which was no problem. We went half board the food was always great plenty of choice so we were all catered for we didnt drink much in the hotel it was quite expensive but most of the bars are to be honest but we expected this. Anyway it was my boyfriends birthday while we were away and the hotel staff gave us a birthday cake, bottle of wine and a fruit plate which i thought was very generous shows they look after there customers. Limissol as an area is pretty quiet not a lot of bars unless you want a walk in between them but thats ok at night time we couldnt walk far in the day atall as it was very hot but just at the bottom of the road there is a little bar on the corner bar 107 they serve a good pint and just over the road on the sea front there is a restaurant go check it out as at the back of it theres stairs to take u down to the sea which is lovely. Turn right at the bottom of the road for the other bars and shops. We went for a relaxing holiday and thats what we got i would go back but i would try somewhere else in cyprus first. The only thing letting the place down is there is no proper beach theres small areas you could sunbathe but its rocky you could still go but we spent alot of the time at the pool instead. Just make sure u get your towels down earlish we usually put them down at about 9.30 and were usually lucky but as its getting busier i would get down earlier. Also make sure all men take long trousers for dinner in the restaurant if not you have to sit outide. We went to the old town one night it was a waste of a journey to be honest nothing there atall apart from dug up roads and rubble and we went to the harbour another night that was a nice walk but still not much there so we stayed local most nights. The shakespeare bar is about 5 mins walk from the hotel at the bottom of the road to the right they serve good food and good drink we went there a lot. I would definately recommend the hotel no faults atall with it but if u want a beach holiday or loads of nightlife you might want to try ayia napa but like i said it was perfect for our quiet relaxing break!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Please beware, Id booked Atlantica Oasis with the Travel agent 5mths before we were due to go to Limassol. After reading reviews on hear about Atlantic Gardens ,I contacted Thomsons who confirmed that I was going to Atlantic Gardens!! The girl who booked the holiday for me apologised and said she was unaware of the gardens and thought shed booked the Oasis for my family. Thomson offered to ,move me to another hotel, 2 star!! Id paid £2000 for a 4star hotel, or I could go to The Holiday village and pay extra money.my children wanted to go to the Atlantica because thats what we had booked and they had been looking foward to it.the rep showed me the Atlantica official page and the rooms for Gardens looked lovely ,so we deceided to go, BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!! On arrival at the airport the reps coundnt find our names and asked if id only booked a flight, eventually told me to go to bus T47, a blue bus with a big T on it !! after 10mins found a small white bus which seated about 12 people with added trailer for our suitcases!!........The transfer was about an hour, when we where taken to the Gardens I could have cried!! it was horrible!!!!! the beds where covered in brown checked blankets and the room was dingy and dirty!! I went back to reception to complain and was told thats what Thomsons booked and there were no rooms in main hotel ,contacted Thomsons 24hr helpline, who coundnt do anything as it was very late.Spoke to Laura rep in the morning she confirmed the girl who had booked the holiday had contacted the helpline before Id left to say shed made a mistake and Id been under the impression that id been going to the Oasis. my children loved the main hotel and wanted to stay but i will be taking this much further, thomsons are mis selling this hotel and its awful!! £2000 is a lot of money and people save up all year a holiday I was so upset and disappointed. I have multiple sclerosis and was put on the fourth floor and the walk to the main hotel was a few mins walk away across a busy road.Also the walk way is full of cats,one morning on route to breakfast a cat grabbed a bird and killed it in front of us, my little girl was hysterical and was upset the rest of the day !!! Finally Limassol itself is very quite and theres not much to do at all, I usually like to see different ways of living and cultures , but there was nothing to do.I meet lots of lovely people some whod payed much less than me and one family paid just £100 more for two weeks!! also one family paid for there 13yr old as a child and i paid for my 14yr old as an adult!! I was told adult prices start at 12! Thomsons and First choice need to sort out the problems with booking this hotel and there pricing guidelines . I feel id have been better throwing my money down the drain, a waist of money, I ve been ill with my MS since ive come back and put it down to the stress of all of this.

4  Thank JULIE m
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding the Atlantica Oasis Hotel & Gardens.

All of our apartments are situated in the Atlantica Gardens which is located across the road from the Oasis Hotel. This information is advertised on all Tour Operator web pages and brochures.

The Atlantica Gardens, Customer Service Questionnaire results from Thomson & First Choice are always between 85% and 90% satisfaction for accommodation and services. All our Studio and One Bedroom Apartments have recently had new flooring tiles laid, 32 inch plasma TV’s fixed and new soft furnishings put in place.

If any guests have questions regarding our facilities and services during their stay they are welcome to speak to a member of our management team. We have a Duty Manager available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Once again we would like to thank you for all your observations. Customer feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate all of your comments.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We arrived early evening to cold drinks and very quick check-in. As we were there to get married we were given a free upgrade to a suite which was lovely, fruit, wine and fresh flowers were in our room which was a perfect touch.
The reception staff were fabulous, they could not be more helpful to us and our wedding guests, they helped with the printing of our 'order of service' that we forgot to bring with us, they got us ivory card and they printed just as we wanted. They made sure down to the last detail that everything was exactly how we wanted it to be.
The First Choice wedding organizer Sandra was brill, she explained everything perfectly and went through everything making sure it was what we wanted it to be, she organised our guests and stopped any hiccups occuring. The only complaint we had to do with the wedding was the First Choice manager( Sandra's manager) who was meant to meet us at the town hall in Limassol and she didn't turn up, it was just very lucky the staff there helped us do what needed doing, they called her and she said she would contact us later in the day (we are still waiting- 10 days later)
The hotel is clean, food is excellent and so much variety, we had guests from years old to 76 years old and all of them were catered for. The hotel was fully booked but this did not cause any issues as they were proffesional in everything they did.
There are plenty of sunbeds, parasoles and shade if you need it. We all ate too much but had a fantastic wedding, holiday and we would recommend and retuyrn again.
Thanks very much Atlantica Oasis and Sandra
Dawn

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool are best views. Location is not fab but if you go all inclusive and do not wa...
3  Thank Fezzypoppins
Reviewed 6 July 2012

we travelled to the oasis for 7 nights 27th june to 4th july and would like to agree with others that the hotel on the whole is really really good,the only problem seems to be is the resteraunt in the evening when long trousers must be worn by men, women on the other hand can wear anything they like some outfits bordering on the indecent! there was no mention of this rule when we booked the holiday on line, as my husband tends to wear smart shorts in the evening (not swimwear!) he does not bring trousers with him. we and lots more guests were forced to eat outside the resteraunt near the kitchen door in the heat,wind and swarming flies, we spoke to hotel reception and were told that the resteraunt was alacarte in the evening, we were somewhat surprised at this as the resteraunt is buffet style! guys do not be put off coming here just remember your trousers it really is a great hotel we would come again

Room Tip: as the hotel does weddings (local and tourist) it can be a bit noisy on the lower floors pool side
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julie w
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I don't normally write reviews as you end up reading so many varying reviews you don't know what to believe, but I think this place warrants a mention. I stayed here with my partner and 3 year old daughter for two weeks from 20th June 2012. This has got to be the best, most efficient run all inclusive hotel I have stayed at. The staff work tirelessly to make this place work, check in was smooth and quick, served by pleasant staff. The restaurant has mainly eastern european staff who work extremely hard and are always happy to serve, that is every single one of them (too many to name but some stood out) Agnizieka who seats you at your table, Ramona taking the drinks and Denisa setting and clearing tables, they all smiled and all spoke. The food is amazing and top quality every breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was a great choice of food so you should never be disappointed and the cakes are to die for and the ice cream is really nice. The pools are of a high standard and clean. The pool bar was wonderful with great service from Agnizieka, Savvos and Andreas, the Keo beer is good and the cocktails always spot on. In the Zeta bar again the service was faultless Asta, Zoltan, Alice and Jannis do a brilliant job. Being able to watch the big screen tv outside with drinks from Zeta bar and popcorn makes for a very pleasant evening. Then we get to the what must be the hardest working people in the hotel, the animation team Samantha, Adrian, Rachel and Irvine do an amazing job from morning till night. They run the daytime activities at the pool and then the kids disco, bingo and entertainment in the evening. These people were always smiling and chatting to guests, nothing seemed too much trouble and the kids love them, my daughter took a special shine to Sam. All in all the staff have made our holiday one to remember and as long as the same animation team is there next year we will definitely be back. Oh and Ricks magic act is pretty good too.

3  Thank nicandstu
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive at the Atlantica Oasis and can honestly say it exceeded every expectation. My husband (36), myself (32) and my 20 month old daughter travelled as a party of 17 for a family celebration. I would highly recommend the hotel, however the resort wasn't great if you want to do a lot of local exploring.

Room
We stayed in a family room in the main Oasis building which was lovely, one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. It overlooked the main pool and was very quiet. A massive, very comfortable bed (i think it was queensized), a sofa bed (which other members of our family struggled with as it wasn't big enough for 2 children really) and a travel cot. The room was big with lots of storage space, a good sized fridge a good television showing the usual news channels and a couple of entertainment channels. The bathroom was very clean with a bath and shower over. Towels were changed when we requested and the room cleaned everyday apart from Sunday. Couldn't fault the room at all. The air conditioning was very good and not too noisy.

We ate mostly in the main restaurant and were amazed by the quality and choice. So much choice there is too much to mention. You got a different table everytime which was nice, and sometimes we ate as a table of 17 and even this was accommodated with little fuss.

We did feed our little girl an early tea in the Mocha cafe a couple of times and again the quality was excellent. For my mum's birthday they made a huge fuss, a cake was made and iced for her, baloons tied to her chair and the service on that particular night was more than 5 star.

Drinks
We found the AI drinks to be really good. Lots of choice and the wine and cocktails were of a good standard. As much bottled water as you like and plenty of choice for children too.

The service in the main restuarant could sometimes be a bit hit and miss. On a couple of occassions we found we had ate our lunch (3 courses) by the time the drinks arrived, and sometimes plates were not cleared from the table, however this was never a real problem. The staff were very busy and we found that if we avoided the busiest times, the service did improve. On a plus side, when asked, the staff could not do enough for you. They even fetched us warm milk for our daughter in the evening, carried her pushchair down the couple of steps and had a high chair at our table before we could ask for one.

The reception staff were also very helpful, as were the porters and cleaners. The only problem we encountered was several russion children in their early teens running around at night, going up and down in the lift, knocking on peoples doors. One night they stood in front of my daughters push chair and shouted until she woke up and then ran off laughing. The reception staff were aware of the problem bud couldn't locate their parents but I believe this was sorted out. The staff were very apologetic and really there wasn't much they could do.

The pool bar staff were great and never had to wait too long for my afternoon cocktail! ( I highly recommend a mai tai!)

Pool
The pool is a massive freeform pool with lots of sunbeds and we never had a problem with too many towels taking up unused beds, and sometimes there was more than 10 of us together! The hotel was full too. The pool could have been a bit cleaner - don't get me wrong - it wasn't dirty, but the grouting on the tiles needed a good scrub and there were a few cracked patio tiles. I think this was more a reflection of the age of the hotel rather than the cleanliness, but this left the pool area as a 4 out of 5 when it could easily have been a 5.

Entertainment
Previous reviews had been very negative about the entertainment team but we thought they were great. The kids disco was great (for the kids!), the bingo was a big hit every night with a good cash prize, the other entertainment was a bit cheesy but when isn't it???? I am yet to experiance hotel entertainment that isn't cheesy! The biggest downsize was that it was in the basement ball room and you did feel a bit out of it down there - more entertainment outside at night would be good.

Resort
As the weather was very very hot 35 degrees plus and there was a lovely breeze by the pool, I didn't venture out too much in the day with my daughter however other members of my party did and their view of the resort wasn't great. Limassol didn't strike us a beach / tourist holiday town, more a big commercial city. I believe that the old town was quite nice, but nothing on a par with other resorts in Cyprus or the greek islands. However we didn't feel dissapointed as this is why we chose an All Inclusive family friendly hotel.

So all in all a great holiday.
Pros
Fabulous hotel room
Some of the best buffet food we have ever had
Great staff attitude
Great entertainment staff doing their best with what was available to them!

Cons
Not the nicest restort
Very badly behaved russion children
Indoor basement entertainment area - could be so much nicer if it was outside.
Not enough staff in the main restaurant at busy times.

We didn't go anywhere near the Gardens building, but I spoke to some people who did feel a bit let down by it, but we didn't have any problem when booking as it told us clearly in the brochure and on the internet which rooms were located where.

Men do have to wear long trousers in the evening - I had no problem with this - it is a four star hotel after all.

A trip to Fisouri water park is highly recommended.

We had a great family holiday and would love to return one day.

Room Tip: Make sure you check when booking which part of the hotel you will be in. And request a pool view as...
4  Thank bigfishes