“Very neglected area”

Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Very neglected area”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a weeks holiday at the Atlantica Oasis the 1st week of October. I requested a low floor room by e-mail but was given one on the 6th floor, after seeing the reception this was change straight away, food was good although there was not always a great choice, evening entertainment was rubbish with most people playing cards, playing on there phones or i pads or just looking bored !!!!!!!!!!!!, Limmasol has as may closed shops as it has opened ones, the whole area has just been left to decay and is not what you would expect for a holiday resort
Although the weather was good I will not be going back

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the large pool area
2 Thank Andy m
ATLOASIS, General Manager at Atlantica Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Reviewer

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding the Atlantica Oasis Hotel. Customer reviews and opinions are extremely important to our hotel and we acknowledge and evaluate all feedback received from clients, either directly or indirectly through questionnaires or website reviews.

After assessing you review however there are a few misapprehension we would like to respond to;

During the summer months our entertainment team is made up of five entertainers and one entertainment manager. All of our entertainers have different areas of expertise and offer different sports and activities for children and adults.

During the summer months our daytime activities include; water volleyball, water basket, aqua splash, family football, darts, aerobics, French boules, pool games and kids club.

Our evening programme is vast and every evening on our Outdoor Stage or in the Palm Ballroom we have cabaret shows, magic shows, acrobat performances, game shows, quizzes, bingo and kids discos.
In Zeta Bar (adult's only), we have live music, karaoke and live screenings of major sporting events. We also have an outdoor cinema which shows a selection of movies.

We are disappointed that Limassol was not to your taste. Limassol is a bustling cosmopolitan city which has a unique fusion of traditional cobbled winding lanes, bustling shopping areas, exhilarating nightlife and an extensive seafront promenade. Limassol’s has some of the most beautiful and stunning beaches on the island. Ladies Mile beach located near Limassol’s New Port, stretches for 8kms and has golden sand and crystal calm water.
Ideally located in the center of center of the island, Limassol is the perfect place to stay if you want to explore and discover the wonders of Cyprus.

Once again we would like to thank you for all your observations. Customer feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate all of your comments.

Atlantica Oasis Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed for a week 23/9/13 to 30/10/13 and had a lovely relaxing holiday. We were very impressed with how clean everywhere was it was spotless! All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good lots of different dishes which was all fresh and load of it! (The crepes (pancakes) were delicious). Our room was big and nicely decorated with the biggest bed I think it was a super king size! Only one small problem was we over looked a side road which was quite busy and noisy with cars speeding along it. The entertainment was okay, Ryan, Teri, Laura and ? (Russian girl) worked hard, and it was the usual holiday entertainment. I especially enjoyed the aqua aerobics every day at 12. The outdoor cinema in the evening was good but it was a bit too chilly, but I can imagine during the high summer time this is very nice.
The pool and pool area was lovely, we never had a problem getting a sunbeds. We didn't know that the clocks go back in Cyprus too, which meant the days were even shorter and the sun went from the pool area by 3.30pm which was a shame.
The hotel was full of Russians, these are the rudest people I have ever come across!!! They are rude and very greedy. In the restaurant they would fill their plate with so much food and then only eat half of it, they would push in and let there children do as they wish. They generally don't seam to be friendly or happy people
The hotel isn't in the best location, the beach is about 15 minutes walk and you have to cross a very busy road, it has grey sand and it isn't very nice looking. If you walk further about another 5/10 minutes there is a nicer beach, still grey sand. The bus service is very good down to the shops and the old town, Bus no 30 runs approx. every 15 mins. Would we go back again? YES!

2 Thank ChrisBond50
ATLOASIS, General Manager at Atlantica Oasis Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Castleford, Idaho
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here from 25 September to 9th October. This is, for me, one of the best times to visit the hotel..A lot of the guests are people you see year after year and some become friends.

From the moment I stepped into the hotel until the moment I left the grounds I had an amazing time from all the staff I knew. It wasn't a case of welcome back but welcome home!!! Savas in the restaurant remember what I usually drank at dinner and my room number even though it was late May when I last stayed there.

I must say a big thank you to Megan (one of the Thomson reps) who was in tears because she was being moved to Paphos, she kindly arranged, without asking, for me to have priority check in at the airport and so saved me 45 minutes of standing in the queue. I am sure that Katherine will manage with her usual efficiency to pass my thanks on.

Another big big thank you must go the the Entertainment Team who were the best team the hotel has had since the departure of Dave in the early part of the 2000w. They all said they would like to come back next year so please please Nikos ask to get them back. I am sure you will be able to manage it.

One small niggle I have is about the Russians!!! At dinner at night (and not tea as someone said in a recent report) they let their children virtually run riot while they took no notice. The small children were running around and if they had bumped into someone carrying, for example a bowl of soup and there had been an accident and a child got hurt it would have been your fault and not their child's fault. Another thing they do it pile a dinner plate with fruit and tip it into a shoulder bag and walk out, even there is a notice saying all food must be eaten in the restaurant. Please, please translate this notice into Russian,

Finally a tremendous thank to the whole of the staff, ably led by Nikos. They do an absolutely splendid job and are always very friendly, at least to me, and nothing is too much trouble.

Even though it is just three weeks since I left it seems more like three months and I look forward to seeing you all (the staff) on 28 May and then all my friends, including the staff on 24 September.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool on the east side of the main bloc as you can enjoy the wonderful...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel. We have passed on your comments to the whole of Oasis Team and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel next year.

cyprus
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Visited from 28/10/2013-30/10/2013.
Terrible service, dirty corridors, no carpet in the room, no whole body mirror, no shower cap, no body lotion, no sleepers, no boiler..basically, NOTHING!!! For a 170€ accommodation, i expected much more than what i got..
There are lots of hotels in Limassol which can provide luxury holidays with less money than this hotel.
4*??? No way!!
I got a room in 1st floor looking an an old building right in-frond of the hotel!

Room Tip: No view anyways so whatever you get is the same. No noise isolation in 1st floor..
1 Thank maria a
Dear Reviewer

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing the Atlantica Oasis Hotel for your recent stay. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and all of our staff are committed to ensuring guests have the best holiday possible. We appreciate all feedback from our guests however there are a few misconceptions in your review which we would like to respond to.

Our standard rooms do not include, and are not advertised as having full length mirrors or carpet. Our rooms are beautifully designed and tastefully furnished with tile flooring, private balcony, direct dial telephone, plasma TV (including satellite channels), mini-fridge, air-conditioning/ heating (depending on weather conditions) and have either pool or inland view.

Our housekeeping department work tirelessly to ensure our hotel is kept to the highest standard of cleanliness. In 2013 we are proud to have achieved a Thomson Holidays & First Choice customer service score of 92% for public area cleanliness and 91% for bedroom cleanliness.

Had you wanted to discuss any concerns during your stay you could have contacted a member of our Management Team. We have a Duty Manager available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who is always at hand to discuss any issues or concerns that may arise during a guest’s holiday.

Coleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My Partner and I visited 13/10 - 20/10 and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. The food was great, a good range, was lovely and fresh and there was loads of it! The location was quiet at the time of our trip but i would imagine that it would be a lot more lively earlier in the season.

In an effort to be objective i would say that the only downside (it wasn't even that really) is that you had to pay for crisps and slush puppy type drinks which i thought should have been included, the drinks at any rate. The entertainment for couples, wasn't really up to much - but that being said, we went for a relaxing holiday and that was what we got - very happy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool as some of the ones over the road had loud traffic noise and chu...
2 Thank FieryMischief
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to another Atlantica Hotel in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Couple (aged 28 & 31) stayed half board for one week 13 to 20 October 2013. Great hotel and facilities; area and food not great, but everything else made up for it.

Arrival:
An excellent first impression! Met off bus by friendly and welcoming porter who carried our luggage and took everything to room. Quick check-in by friendly and professional reception staff. Orange juice provided at desk on arrival. We arrived at 10pm, so had missed tea; sandwiches, fruit and juice was offered in the restaurant which was thoughtful.

Room:
Very, very clean and a good size, comfy bed, fridge, TV, nice bathroom with good shower, hairdryer and bath. Room had two English plug sockets (as well as European plug sockets), so we didn't have to use our adaptors. Red wine and plate of fruit in room on arrival which was a lovely touch. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels. The balcony was small and we didn't have a pool view, but we weren't bothered as we didn't plan on spending much time in the room. It was quiet at night.

Pool:
We spent time around the main pool, which was beautiful and very clean. Plenty of beds and umbrellas. I think you could hire hotel towels, but we just used our own. Ice cream cones are one euro from the outdoor bar. I enjoyed the water aerobics class, and there were other activities every now and then if you wanted to participate.
There are a few cats around the outside of the hotel, but we love cats. The cats are really cute and friendly, but are very polite as they don't bother you unless you invite them over. The staff seemed kind to them, which I thought was nice.

Location:
Two small shops across the road; the one further down the road towards the main road is slightly cheaper and bigger.
There's a bowling alley called; 'Space Bowling' a ten minute walk away on one of the back streets. On Wednesdays and Fridays, it's pink pin night, which means you can win free games if you get a strike which includes a pink pin/skittle. We won three free games! You can't use the free games on Wednesdays or Fridays though. It costs 4.30 per person per game after 6pm on a Friday and Saturday, but was cheaper on other days and times.
I didn't particular like the surrounding area, it wasn't pretty and the beaches aren't the best, but we were just after a relaxing pool holiday, so were aware as we booked.

Food:
We stayed half board. It was buffet style at breakfast (7am - 10.30am) and tea (6.30pm - 9pm). Waiters seat you to the table, but aren't the most friendly. A lot of them seemed quite stern and rude at times. I know I'm quite picky and expect high standards when it comes to customer service, but I don't think manners cost anything. I realise that they probably fed up of their job, but some of them could do with some customer service training. Food was OK, nothing to write home about. It was often more tepid than hot, but on our last day we ate early at 6.30pm - food was hot then.

Last day:
Check out is 12 noon, but you can book a free room with reception for 30 minute to have a shower. Tip - book early on last day to get preferred time, as use one room for everyone. There's a luggage room in reception.

Room Tip: Pool view, high floor.
2 Thank Spottystripe
Dear Reviewer

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I decided to choose this hotel after my son had visited there about 4 years ago. My son and his family decided to stay in the Annexe across the road and they thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, so we decided to stay All Inclusive in the main hotel and what an experience we had. All we can say is that everything was 5 star. Food excellent, facilities first class and the staff were absolutely terrific. Cant wait to go back again.

2 Thank jandr7447
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. We are extremely happy that you had such an enjoyable vacation. We hope to see you again soon!