“Lovely Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel.

We didn't arrive at the hotel till late on & were greeted by the porter who helped us get our cases to reception. The reception staff are lovely, always smiling, helpful & friendly. We booked half board, but after reading reviews we upgraded to all inclusive when checking in as it's cheaper.

The room was excellent we booked a double superior & it was really spacious & had a brill view off the pool. The other balconys looked a lot smaller then ours. The bed was massive & there was a wooden partition separating two single beds. As we have a 2 year old they had left a travel cot to.

Pool areas were fab, we mainly staid round the kids pool. My little girl loved the slides & pirate ship. If you want decent sunbeds in that area pop down a little earlier & put some towels down on sunbeds as can get quite busy.
Can't really comment on adult only pool as didn't sit round it. But looked nice & peaceful.
Main pool the same again only went in once but always looked to be plenty of sunbeds. Pool bar is great, staff lovely. Cokes bit on the small side but just get a few at a time.

The food is faultless & plentiful. There was always so much choice. My little one loved chocolate pancakes. Breakfast got a repetitive. But other then that good was excellent. There is a mocha cafe right next to restaurant if you don't fancy eating in restaurant at dinner you can grab pizza, sandwiches, cakes & sausage rolls to take out to pool area. This is all included on all-inclusive.

Entertainment was average. The reps were lovely. In fact all the staff were. A normal night consisted of kids disco at 8.30, bingo at 9. Then the reps put on a show or the hotel booked local entertainment. You kind of rely on the night time entertainment as there's not much atmosphere out side the hotel.

My only negatives are the cleanliness & Limassol. The hotel itself is spotless but I never felt like the room was cleaned very well compared to other hotels I'd staid in. One day we went back to the room at 4.30pm & the maid still hadn't got round to cleaning it. So we went to reception to complain. They asked us what time we would prefer our room cleaned at & with out fail every day it was cleaned by that time. I'm not a picky person at all, but 4.30 was a bit late.
Limassol is really not a very nice area. I have been to quite a few places in Cyprus. I would not return to Limassol. It's looks so run down & there is nothing to do. It's such a shame because the hotel really is brilliant. They do run lots of trips so I would recommend a few days out & the buses are really regular.

I really could not fault the hotel. You'd have to be super picky to do so. But if you like nice beaches & a good atmosphere outside the hotel Limassol is not that.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank KirBroom
ATLOASIS, General Manager at Atlantica Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience on Trip Advisor. Guest’s comments are very much appreciated as customer care is amongst our highest priorities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to any of the Atlantica Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just finished a weeks holiday at the Atlantica Oasis hotel in Limassol with my wife, on arrival the hotel is just off the main road and there are little options outside of the complex within a reasonable walking distance, there is a McDonald's close by and a few bars serving food for people who like to venture out like we do! We cannot fault the service received in the hotel and the food was a fairly decent standard, towards the end of the week it became a bit predictable, the buffet restaurant always had tables available and the staff would greet you and show you to your table and serve your drinks which you requested, the cafe bar was great and outside of lunch hours you could get snacks and cake included in your package (if on all inclusive). Around the pool area you had to be quick to get the best sun beds but there were always beds available even if it meant a less desirable location, the pool was great for children as shallow for a good 60% and the deeper parts sufficed for adults on the other side with games of water polo or volleyball taking place! also in the morning aqua aerobics. There was a separate adult only pool which was small but nice. Evening entertainment was not much to talk about just singing and to be fair I could muster a better tune than the majority of the performers, then a movie on the projector screen! An adult only bar was our saviour and we spent the evenings in there, although some children were in there they were all quiet so couldn't complain. If you're a family then I'd recommend certainly, if a couple I'd suggest better options elsewhere, the Atlantica Golden Beach in Paphos is miles better for couples. Definitely go All inclusive as choices are better, drinks prices when not AI are expensive.

Room Tip: Take the All Inclusive option, as not much outside of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ant302012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent holiday. Your comments have been shared with all of our staff and they are much appreciated. We look forward to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great time at the Oasis once again. Great to see so many familiar faces from management and staff whom I class as genuine friends. It is always nice to see so many guests returning that we have met previously.

Location regularly appears on trip advisor as a negative. Limassol has just build a beautiful marina along the sea front along with spending millions in the old town. Yes there isn't an abundance of shops and restaurants around the hotel, there are a few however if you jump on the bus and travel along the front, 10 minutes will get you to the old town and the Marina. There is also a large shopping mall called MY MALL which the same bus will take you to all for only 1.5 euro.

We booked with Thomson on Half Board basis. IT IS MUCH CHEAPER TO UPGRADE TO ALL INCLUSIVE WHEN YOU GET THERE. We saved over £150 upgrading for 1 week for 2 adults and a child on arrival due to the deals that the hotel offer compared to what Thomson/First Choice quoted online.

We had a room in D block situated at the rear of the main pool. Thanks to the hotel for arranging such a perfect room.

Food - there is nothing to say other than there is a great selection and it is always hot and tasty. Barbeque and Ala Carte are both worth a visit. Staff constantly replenishing food and table service excellent as always

Bar/Drinks - Plenty of choice. Nice to see an area behind the adult bar where you could sit with children to watch the World Cup

Entertainment - Nice to see Terry and Ryan back for a 2nd season, the whole entertainment team were friendly, enthusiastic and a credit to the hotel.

Thomsons Kids Club. - my child didn't enjoy this as much as usual, especially the chocolate party where he didn't want to get dirty and ended up covered whether he

The management via guests at football is always good fun and very competitive. So if you can play a bit, take your trainers or astro turf boots.

All going well we will be back for a 2nd week in October.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StefBScotland
ATLOASIS, General Manager at Atlantica Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor. There is no greater reward for the whole of the Atlantica Oasis Team than satisfied and happy guests! We look forward to seeing you in October!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I travelled here with my mum, disabled brother and dad last year from Edinburgh.
We had an amazing family holiday with no issues at all.
The rooms and food were to a high standard and the evening entertainment was to a high standard also. The reps really did their very best at all times no matter what the time was. Also I would recommend the daily activities especially the water yogo, this was very enjoyable. The selection of pools was great however I personally enjoyed the main pool the best.

Most places you stay you require getting up early to lay down your towels for a sunbed however I did not have to do this most of the time. I usually put the towels out around 8.30-9 which got my family 2-3 good, poolside sunbeds☀️

This holiday is a family holiday but I saw lots of couples also and they looked like they were having a lovely time.

I could not fault this hotel in any way possible. The welcoming was amazing, we got fresh orange whilst checking in and offered out luggage taken up to us. After arrival we was directed to our rolls within 5 minutes and left to get organised.

Overall I really enjoyed this holiday and I thought you might like to hear a teens review and not just adults reviews.

I think my family might be going back again next year too!

By the way if your wondering why I put disabled brother its because I thought Id add, the staff were very helpful and always asked if my brother needed assisted etc. They did their very best at all times with my brother and family.

Great family holiday and should be a 5 star!

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Kirstyn2001x

Dear Reviewer

We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us, all of your lovely comments have been passed on to all of our departments.

We hope to see you again soon at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from a 10 day all inclusive holiday at the Atlantica Oasis. This is now our second stay at the Atlantica as we were there in September last year too. It was nice to compare the two stays at different times of the year. I would agree that the hotel is not four star, however it is immaculately clean and modern. The hotel is friendly and welcoming and everyone is so helpful. The restaurant is immaculate and hosts a huge range of foods. I have stayed in five star hotels with less variety of food. The all-inclusive covers cocktails so excellent value for money. There are plently of sunbeds available with parasols for shade if needed. The entertainment crew are excellent and work so hard at making your holiday fun. They interact with all ages around the pool and hotel. JJess and Terri cover the aqua aerobics and it is alot of fun. The area is quiet and the beaches not so good but if you just want to relax around the pool then this is the hotel for you. I have read all the most recent reviews and would agree with all their comments appart from it being a family hotel, it would suit all ages. This is a hotel well worth a visit.. We will definately return for holiday number three.

Room Tip: All foors are good and the corridors are carpeted so very quiet when guests return to their rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback following your recent stay. We would be happy to welcome you again to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

A quick review with some key points.

Clean throughout.
Friendly helpful staff.
Superior Room- Safe key was provided to us free.
Maids changed towels every day despite not being left in bath.
Sunbeds were reserved even though it you're not supposed to.
Beaches nearby are non-existent or just awful- avoid if you want easy beach access.
Area mainly has restaurants, bars and pubs.
Food variety was fantastic and quality was great.
Pool surroundings were cleaned daily and were always pleasant.
All interior areas were quite plush and kept to a high standard- maids always cleaning.
Air con in room was brilliant and much needed- never felt uncomfortable during the night.

If you're looking for somewhere to touch base so you can go an explore, this is ideal, if you aren't bothered about a beach. Pool more than made up for it for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RoastedStoat

Dear Reviewer

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just arrived home after another great stay at the alantica, nothing to much trouble and every thing we could ask for, we received a very warm welcome back from all the staff and can not wait to return. The food choice is excellent with great presentation. It is very hard to find a holiday with out finding fault and I can truly say this hotel & staff are faultless. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a main pool view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank S_H_june2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Atlantica Oasis Hotel. There is no greater return for us and our staff than receiving such flattering comments. We do really hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!