“Superb hotel...........not so keen on Limassol”

and 1 more site!
Atlantica Oasis Hotel
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Travelled to Limassol for our friends wedding 32 of us in total...........8 of us stayed in the Atlantica Oasis the rest in the Mediterranean Beach hotel about 2 miles away where the wedding was being held. We stayed on an All Inclusive basis and I wouldn't recommend anything but this option. The food was outstanding, the service was very good and the facilities made our stay a very enjoyable 2 weeks. The rooms were modern, clean and well serviced. The staff were friendly and helpful. I'd like to have seen a more varied snack bar selection for the all inclusive guests but the buffet menu more than made up for anything lacking in there.
Limassol itself was not particularly nice and I would not return to this part of the Island but if you're out and about The Nags Head, Shakespeares and the Wembly Bar were all very accomodating, food was excellent and staff very pleasant...........
A great holiday if you're looking to sit around the pool, eat , drink and be merry.....if you're looking for more than this choose a different location.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MickyMook

Reviewed 18 September 2010

The hotel on the whole was good. We stayed in the Atlanitca gardens and had an adjoining room for our teenage daughter which was great as we all had our own space. It was lovely and quiet at night which is what we want and just across the road from the main hotel. The food was really good wtih good variety. The staff in the restaurant where we had all of our meals were not that friendly almost to the point of being aloof. Their job was to clear the tables quickly to keep the flow of customers going through the restaurant. It resulted in them trying to clear the plates too quickly ie whilst others at the table were still eating, while you stopped to have a drink or rest. A few times we went to get our sweets to come back to the table to find it cleared of our cutlery and drinks etc. The worst part of our hoiday was the evening entertainment. It was advertised in the brochure as full entertainment programme and was great for daytime and childrens stuff. There were four staff who worked hard but we feel the adult entertainment could have been a lot better especially for a hotel of that size. The childrens disco was followed by bingo and then a 'show' put on by any of these four staff. After two nights of this we had had enough of it and resorted to watching the DVDs shown on the big outdoor screen. It wasn't the sort of thing we had in mind to do when on holiday as we can watch DVDs at home. Years ago in Corfu we had been on a Greek night excursion but there was nothing like that on offer. Maybe we were expecting too much but we felt it was far too commercialised and we could have been anywhere or in any country.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

went for two weeks had a great time weather was so hot which was brill.stayed in the apartments which we could not fought at all very big and lovely views of the gardens.staff were very frendly and always helpful,we were selfcatering but would recommend al as we spent loads as not cheap in cyprus. would defo recommend toscanas for a great meal and lovely ownersour two downfalls was the entertainment was very poor it was just the entertainment team singing most nites plus it was inside ,the second downfall was when we booked we asked it it had disabled facilltysas we were taking my brother who is spinabifada and has no use of his botton half directline said they checked it out and said that it was well equip for disabled, well this was not the case as there was no facilltys in the bathroom for my brother to have a shower .so two weeks is a long time to go with out a shower in the heat we had there .so apartments not recommended for disabled unless you you stay in the hotel which they have two rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Returned back from the Atlantica on Saturday 5th Sept 2010 and i had a tear in my eye leaving the hotel due to the fantastic time i had there. When the coach came to pick us up the hotels entertainment staff , mangers , chefs and guests came outside did the la bomba and waved us goodbye .

On arriving at the hotel during the early hours we were given a warm welcome by the reception staff and a glass of orange and shown to the dining room where we had sandwiches , crisps and drinks waiting for us. In the meantime a porter took our luggage to the room ready for us.

Went to the welcome meeting and it was the usual stuff about trips and we booked the one to Limassol waterpark as it included a free child which proved to be really good value at an excellent waterpark .

The food well what can i say i have never eaten such high quality food and i speak for at least 15 other guests who we chatted with during our stay. The food is fresh and everyday evening there is something different such as cavery meet. Breakfast is the same every morning but excellent variety from bacon to cereals and fruit. Lunch is served from 12.30pm and again its in the dinning room and consists of a buffet which again is of high quality. We attended two themed evenings whilst there all free if your all inclusive and they were a barbecue and a Italian night. Again the Italian food was fantastic.

I loved the bars they were happy to serve such things as large soft drinks and bottles of water which made the trips to the bar during the day less frequent. During the evening there is a list of cocktails made with local products which are free on all inclusive and they are really good.

We took our son who is 12 and he enjoyed the daytime pool activities such as volley ball and water polo and my wife got involved in aqua splash. The pool is really good with nice features such as the waterfall and nearby is the kiddy pool and the adults only pool.

The lifegurads we saw were very good at patroling the pool and were removing peoples towels if they put them on a sun lounger before 9am and were not back within an hour .

Before we went i read on a forum that if you email the hotel before you travel then you may be lucky to get one of the refurbed rooms in the block which is where the reception , dinning room and ballroom is. We did this and requested room 2162 which is in this block and is on the first floor and looks out over the pool . To out suprise we got what we asked for :-)

Excellent chiller in room for storing the aftersun as it was soooo hot. Beds comfy and excellent maid service that will change the sheets and towels daily if needed.

The hotel has a gym and an indoor pool all available for usage free.

The nightime entertainment consisted of kiddies disco , bingo , prize giving then a show either produced by the entertainment team or an outside act . Outside on a massive screen there was nightly movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland.

The surrounding area is mostly made up of residential properties a few gift / foody type shop and a couple of bars. If you turn right and walk towards the main road you then come onto the main Limossal strip which if you walk either left or right you will find numerous bars and clubs and also a Mc Donalds.

Over the road is the beach area the first entrance you come to leads to a very small bit of beach but if you carry on you will come to a bigger beach section with water sports.

We hired a car for four days which was a really easy process as the reps will sort it for you. We went to Ayia Napa , Fig Tree Bay , Nissi Beach , Paphos , Kourioun , Limassol Water park and the roads are excellent as the signs are in English and the same as ours. I think we paid 33 euros a day for a small kia and 6 euro aday insurance plus you pay 50 euro for a full tank of petrol so return it empty.

Once we took the car back we decided the 2nd week to check out old town Limassol and caught the number 30 bus from off the main strip. We got off by the Old Church and explored the town which is very old and nice . Also we looked at the magnificant church and then onto the castle.

I loved the hotel , ok its not on the beach and if you want to explore and find better beaches then a car is probably your best bet but we did that in the first week and most of the second week we were happy to chill at the hotel as the setting is so chilled.

I would deffo go back !!

2  Thank matthewmjp
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Although myself and my partner usually stay at 5star hotels, we booked this as a last minute holiday for ourselves and my partners teenage daughter. There is nothing wrong what so ever with this hotel. It is very clean,and the service of the staff is second to none. I was a bit concerend when reading the reviews about the "garden appartments" which were accross the road(1min away) but when arrvied our room it was spottless and we had no complaints. Also we arrived late and drinks snakck we wating on arrival and the porters even brought our bags to the room. The cleaning is also brill and every day the cleaners worked they hardest to clean every room throughout. The all inclusive package is something we would definately reccomend and to be totally honest the hotel was 10times better than what was expected and a real value for money. Okay it is definately not 5* but certainly can be classed as a four .. Honestly i would go back to this hotel and if i had to say anything negative it would only be about the odd wild cats that roamed around, They were stray and okay some of the giests gave them attention and this encourages the cats to stick around,. But honestly that would be my only gripe Stayed for a week, food great made great friends, bar service - all drinks inc cocktails and champagne included.!!! REally warm but you must be prepared for this it is cyprus after all

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I have now been back for over a week and wanted to make a fair review. First the positives, the food is good in the main resturant, air con in the rooms were good, weather fantastic, reception helpful, some staff friendly and the animating team good. There are good some points, however here are the bad. We were put in the gardens, they are very dirty and we needed to get some basic maintenance carried out to make it habitable. The beds are very uncomfortable and the view is like looking out into a concrete jungle.
The pool areas do not get cleaned properly, one woman with one bucket of water and orange smelling cleaner (did not change the water). I have seen how pools should be cleaned and the ammount of sore ears etc around the hotel should tell them it is not clean. some of the staff are not so friendly and I found it to be the staff from the eastern block countries, they did not want to speak and if you showed any form of manners like a thak you they did not acknowledge you. The bar in the gardens is only open from 8 at night so it does not get used, which is a waste. It would have been nice to have a drink before going to the main hotel for the evening or when you come back from the pool. The entertainment is none existent unless you like playing bingo and listening to people trying to sing. The only reason most people went to the show room is because it was the only one with air conditioning!! the rest of the hotel apart from your room is not air conditioned.
You do have to queue up and sign foryour drinks, this is a very slow process and very annoying! The resturant manager is very good, however you can see how frustrated he gets with staff who are too slow to clear plates and serve drinks. They make you wear long trousers for the evening meal or you have to sit outside which is bizare because you still walk into the restaurant for your food, women can wear what they want. When I asked the reason they said it was because its a 4 star hotel, yeah right! Ive been to 4 star all inclusives before and this is not a 4 star, it is 3 and no more. At lunch you can go into the main restaurant or get a hot snack (sausage roll, cheese pie and they are horrible) , sandwiches or a village salad from the coffee bar, there is no pool snack bar which as a 4 star hotel I would expect to find
Be very wary of the cats, they have fleas and one scratched and bit someone which caused an infection. Be warned they are full of fleas and not as friendly as you may think.
Limassol is not a tourist area, it is a city which is like all cities, dirty. Cypress has many more areas that are far better to stay in.The beach, if you can call it that is rubbish, it is not clean and not worth going to. A point you may like that as your sat on the beach you get the chance to watch oil tankers go up and down, again not what I want to see when I look out. We hired a car for 3 days (which I was really gainst because I hate driving) it was the best thing we did. Cyprus has lots of loverly places and I just wish I knew what I know now because I would have moved (we did price up to be transferred it was £1100 and the hotel wanted £400 cancelation fee)
I did leave a feedback form along with a letter for the manager with my e-mail address on, however I have had no contact from him. The bar manager was aware of my points and he sat down and went through them, he actually agreed with me and said the manager would put actions into place after thier Tuesday meeting, so hopefully it may improve.
I know this is a long review but please if you have booked for next year or you still have the chance to swap, consider it; I know I wish I had, unless of course you like living in a concrete jungle that is dirty with a horrible beach with oil tankers as your view. There are lots more I could mention, like the non existent life guard who just wanted to chat on his phone or the females up, people using the facilities who are not guests and walk up and use you sun tan lotion while you are in the pool (who knows what else they take) they are also given free drinks by the staff (eastern block), the lift in the gardens that you had to push shut so it would work, the trip hazards due to broken tiles etc
I must mention Carly our rep from Thomas Cook, she was very sympathetic and actually admitted she cried when she was informed her area was Limassol!!!!
If anyone wants to ask me any questions please feel free to send me a message and will be honest.
If you do go I hope you have a nice time, only 48 weeks untill next years when I hope its better, it couldnt be any worse, could it?

2  Thank we8united
ATLOASIS, Public Relations Manager at Atlantica Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. Customer reviews and opinions are extremely important to our hotel and we acknowledge and evaluate all feedback received from clients, either directly or indirectly through questionnaires or website reviews.

We would like to respond to the remarks made regarding Limassol:

Limassol is a bustling cosmopolitan city which has a unique fusion of traditional cobbled winding lanes, bustling shopping areas, exhilarating nightlife and an extensive seafront promenade.
Limassol has some of the most beautiful and stunning beaches on the island. Ladies Mile beach located near Limassol’s New Port, stretches for 8kms and has golden sand and crystal calm water.
Ideally located in the center of center of the island, Limassol is the perfect place to stay if you want to explore and discover the wonders of Cyprus.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

Just returned on 1st Sept from a 2 week holiday.
I will echo all of the previous excellent comments made about this hotel. The food was great with so much choice available, rooms very clean, service spot on.
Yes the main restaurant was hot and some of the waiters were 'soaked' but this only made us appreciate the hard work they were doingand there was no offensive smells etc. Only once did we have a long wait for drinks in here.
The main pool is not as big as the brochures and internet pictures would lead you to believe and is no way big enough for the size of the hotel. We were up at 7.15 each day (and stayed on the beds until after 8.00!) in order to get sunbeds with a parasol by the pool. This got very busy, especially when the volleyball was on and this really needed to be done elsewhere and not take up the main pool area - too many inflatables which should be banned as there really is not enough space from a health and safety point of view.
All the staff work really hard - Anna and her team are great - but really are expected to do too much - something has to give when they are expected to manage sports matches, entertain kids and adults, play bingo and sing and dance. They did their best with what was available for the evening cabaret - some props may help! The bar area in the Ballroom where the evening entertainment takes place is not big enough and only 2 can serve which would creat e some long queues at times. Good AC in the ballroom but not in the bar area which was uncomfortable when you were waiting.
Kids club was fantastic yet the main Thomson reps were of no use - not interested unless you were buying a trip which seemed to be very expensive this year.
A very good family holiday if you have younger kids - not much to do outside in the immediate area.