“hotel very very bad”

Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“hotel very very bad”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

i'm just came from one week, and i spent my vecation in this hotel
1- furnuture verry old, mashine verry old
2- house keeping depend on old womens up to 60 years, so no clean,
3- if u arabic man they verry agrassef to you
4- verry small place
5- no activity
6- resturant verry poor ,and the cooker not good never

plz to all don't booking with this hotels
verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry veeeeeeeeeery pooooor and bad

5 Thank shhal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

After reading precious reviews I decided to stay at jasmine with an open mind. I wasn't expecting much, as it was very cheap for August, just a basic room. However, when I do stay at a hotel I expect it to be clean! The room was dirty, with a hair in my bed and the television had collected around three years of dust!!! My room was crawling with ants, hundreds all over the walls, on the kitchen counter and even my bed... I was bitten alive!!! I complained to the lady at reception who told me that it was an existing problem in Cyprus (I come from Cyprus and have never experienced it before). She was extremely unhelpful and even rude towards the end, telling me she had no other rooms and I would lose my money if I checked out! This hotel needs to spend money on customer care training as they have no idea!! My only reccommdation is to make sure you do not make same mistake as I did and pay in advance!!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank danibee

Travellers are raving about these Limassol hotels

Wales
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I booked this holiday as I was looking for a cheap hotel in Cyprus, and this was cheap. I had read some of the reviews which at the time were mixed, so I was somewhat expecting the worse - however when I entered the room I have to say that it was even worse than I had expected. I was given a poolside studio (for me and my 11 year old son), a tiny room with two single beds pushed together, we were self catering and so were expecting a kitchen, the kitchen was just a couple of units with sink and two ring hob and fridge (still had someones elses coke and water in!!), no kettle, no toaster, NO FIRE ALARM!!. The walls were grubby, finger marks and scuffs everywhere, room smelt of smoke. No bath, just a tiny grubby shower room. However on inspection of bed, linen clean (I took my own pillows)and air con worked. I did ask for a bigger room but the hotel was full. I was only looking for a place to sleep so as long as the bed was clean I decided not to complain.
I hired a car from just across the road from hotel for a reasonable price and got to see a lot more of Cyprus, Fasouri Water park, Kourian Beach, Pissori beach - all of which are beautiful.
After our days out we did come back to the hotel and spend some time at the pool which I have to say was very pleasant, the hotel is a Cypriot family run, and is quite small so even when it is full there is plenty of space. A lot of the locals use the hotel as other reviews have mentioned but I did not find this a problem, I noticed a lot of them eating there so decided to try the food and it was lovely, also reasonably priced. Sun shines on the pool all afternoon. I found the staff pleasant.
I think a few years ago this was probably a lovely hotel but they are probably suffering the credit crunch like everyone else and cant afford to keep the rooms up to standard which is a shame, because apart from the room we had a pleasant stay. The hotel is very close to beach, just across the road - but there are far better beaches if you have a car.
My advice to anyone staying in Cyprus, don't spend your holiday in the hotel or stuck in one place, hire a car and get to see some of the beautiful places it has to offer - then it does not matter so much about the accommodation.
Despite may disappointment with the room, after staying there a week the hotel grew on me!! and I had a lovely holiday

Room Tip: Rooms poolside are lovely and quiet, but go for 1 bedroom, the studios are tiny not suitable for coo...
3 Thank Taffibabes
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 21 August 2012

First of all I would like to mention that when me and my mum did the initial booking, on the screen it showed a different address: (Parekklisia) to the one we actually stayed at. When we finally printed our voucher it showed a different address: (Potamos Germasogeia), to the one we had seen on the screen. Secondly the photographs of the hotel that we saw on the computer looked as if it were an immaculate hotel for a 3 star and for the price we paid. We actually thought it was a bargain. When we arrived we were extremely unimpressed. The lady at the reception told us we had two rooms to choose from. They were both very dirty and of poor appearance. We chose the slightly larger room which 'appeared' a little more cleaner than the first one. When we entered the room it smelt of mould, as if it had been locked for ages. The carpets were extremely dirty, not to mention the curtains. The air conditioning barely worked, only the power button worked, I was not able to change the temperature from the remote control so we were stuck on 18 degrees and the woman at the reception said she couldn't do anything. Our towels were not changed at all. The bath was not clean either, and we purchased flip flops to use in order to enter the bath! The staff were very unfriendly and looked like they couldn't be bothered to work. We had asked for an iron to be brought upstairs and we were told the maid was going to bring it to us in 5 minutes. It arrived after an hour and she didn't even apologize. Never staying there again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

5 Thank Lara881
london nw9
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We have been going there for years, but this time was the worst. Maid service was meant to change the sheets twice a week but they only did it once. As it was so hot there at that time you would have thought that they would have changed. We had to ask for a toaster even though it stated in the book you get in your room it contained one. We also asked for a saucepan (twice) but it never came. The light bulb above the bed did not work or the balcony light. At one stage the maids didnt come to clean the room or empty the rubbish for 2 days, and when i mentioned to the boss lady about it, she said you should have mentioned the first time, well whats the point in that when you dont know if they gonna show up the next day, so better to get facts.
As for other people coming in from outside and being charged €4.00 to use the pool, these kids were in most days diving, muckin about and vertually taking over, the hotel had no consideration for full paying guests.
I seriously think that all the hairdryers in the rooms need to be tested as on our last day my mum was using it and it caught fire in the motor, i told her to go down and report it and she was told someone would be straight up (it never happened) they are a danger to other people and it could have been much worse. I hope that some of this information does get passed onto the hotel as they need to do something about it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main road can get noisy at some times, but worst of all is the crickets in the trees ou...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lyndiloo69
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We arrived at 10.30 PM. There were 3 girls in front of us awaiting to be checked in, they told me they had waited 10 minutes whilst the receptionist was quite obviously on a personal call. This was not a good first impression. Finally (we were estrememly tired) we were given the keys to room 18. This was at the front of the hotel and on the main road. The traffic noise was unbearbale and quickly compared to trying to sleep on the M25. The beds were rock hard and the pillows were so lumpy it was like sleeping on golf balls. Me and my husband did not have a good night sleep for the whole week. We were there for a family wedding and there were family also staying at the Jasmine. I had emailed the hotel to request we were put together in ajoining rooms and we were. The other 2 rooms were overlooking the pool which are the better rooms. The hotel is filthy, and I mean all of it. It requires closing down for a week and fumigating. Walking on the floor in the apartment bear feet was revolting, you coiuld feel how dirty it was. There was dirt everywhere. The aircon is good however the aircon was only in the apartment, the rest of the hotel was hot and sticky. The hotel allows locals in for 3 euro for the day. These kids take over the pool and you simply cannot use the pool whilst they are there. They break every rule in the book are loud, noisy and extremely direspectful. Holidaymakers are paying alot more than 3 euro a day to stay there and I believe this practise has to stop ! The people we were staying with required the use of the bed settee, this was completely unsatisfactory and when my husbands daughter complained she was swiftly told that if she didnt like it she could always contact her rep and have her moved to another hotel. She was extremely upset at being treated in this way. In another room of ours we asked for extra pillows (3 times !) and got them after asking 3 times. Not acceptable at all. I have travelled all over the world to some extremely poor countrys and I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Thankfully we were not eating there as we were self caering. I took a wrong turing and found myself in the kitchen, I was shocked to see it was filthy. The area itself is quite nice. Ive been to Greece many times and thought that Cyrpus was very up and coming compared to Greece. There is a really good cocktail bar a few doors away from the hotel and the owner (Mel) was extremely accomodating and looked after us very well. There is also an english pub round the corner which do very nice breakfasts. If you go out the hotel and take a right there is a Bennigans resturant and this was very nice too. I was very impressed with the food in Limassol and only experienced one bad meal which was a pizza that had come out of a box ! Horrible ! There is a beach nearby which is nice and not too crowded. The charge for a sunbed was 2.50 euro and for an umbrella 2.50 euro which I thought was quitr reasonable. Prior to arriving I had emailed the hotel to request a price for late checkout as we were not due to go home until 7.00pm. The email reply said 35 euro. At the end of the week I asked at reception and was advised that the cost was 25 euro up until 3.30 pm and 60 euro until 7.00pm. This was alot more than I was advised in the email and we did not want to give the hotel another single euro. I asked if there was a shower we could use should we decide not to pay the extra and hang around to await our pick up. I was swiftly advised that no there was not a shower we could use by an extremely surly receptionist. Whilst having a look aroiund the hotel I quickly found a show in the sauna area. We decided we would chill by the pool and then sneak to the shower before our pick up. This worked very well and I would advise people that the floor is floor 0. I can only imagine that I was blatently lied to was that the hotel could make some more money out of us. I have learned a major lesson after this experience and that is "read the reviews" prior to booking. I so wished I had now.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are the best. The othere side of the hotel should be closed down it is fa...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank saunders652380
Kirkstall, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

we have just returned form the Jasmine and would never go back, we had to ask for sheets and towels changing thoughout the holiday and even ask for toilet paper to be replenished. Food was terrible. The flor where the sauna and toilets for bar are located was dirty and very smelly, the whole hotel needs a complete make over and all linen replacing. The cleaning was non existant staff did not care at all. Food, cheese, meat, bread etc. was all left out it should be all under cover. No variety at all with food. It seems that no one in a managers role inspected the small amount of work that was carried out. The place had the feel of an old peoples home that no one cared about. One plus point a very honest cleaner did return my gold and pendant which had dropped at the side of my bed so well done to her. This property needs major work every where garden pool areas bars rooms new chef I could go on but would advise people not to go.

Room Tip: pool facing rooms are marginally quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple