I read all the reviews but they left me with questions so I hope my review will answer those for you.
Check In - Simple enough you get charged for towels and safe key, fridge key but this is returned on departure. We decided not to take the fridge option as the goods were far too expensive. The room air con keeps drinks at a good temperature anyway.
Breakfast - Tip - Shower at 0900 and go down at 0930 that way you get a good water supply and temp and plenty of outside tables and fresh food. Shower at 0800 and go down at 0830 and its problematic.
Deck Chairs - Very poor in gardens and beach unless you go down at 0700 and reserve them. We always found chairs around the pool and if you want quiet sit around the upper pool as the kids tend to stay down the shallower lower pool.
Pool - Lovely and warm - Best pool temperature I have experienced and it naturally warms up as the day goes on. The sea water wasn't too bad either. Take beach / pool shoes as the sand or tiles are extremely hot and will blister your soles.
Water Sports - Don't use the ones to the right, use the ones to the left for about 10 euros cheaper.
Outside - Everything you need is within 5 minutes walk from a 'good' selection of bars and shops. FRANX (right opposite was our preferred choice) and the supermarkets either side were cheap and sold English papers sold on the day for 2 euros. drinks are 3 euros a pints and most meals are 10 euros. Moussaka was lovely as was the chicken and cheese baguette in Franx for lunch.
WIFI - Don't use the expensive hotel. Go in Franx and its free and fast.
Drinks - Don't buy the hotel drinks (extremely expensive) - Do what everyone else does. Go across the road to the supermarket, get water, cold drinks and beer )(and fruit and rolls) from the ice fridges and brink it back in. Your get the odd stroppy pool bloke say something every now and again but they cannot stop you so don't worry.
Venturing out - There is a great bus service (service 30 Blue Bus) with a bus every 10 minutes, lovely air conditioned and only 1 euro to go where you want. We didn't think much of the old harbour as under development.
Football Fans - Take the bus to Limassol (20mins) and find the excellent Woodman sports bar (on the actual bus route) before you get to Debenhams, TGIF and Nandos). They are run by english, great food and drink and about 15 TVs showing all the football your ever need
I have a few other top tips but your need to email me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol