“An Excellent Beach Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 26 June 2013

In May this year, my wife and myself were members of a group of 28 Rotarians and friends who visited Cyprus for 9 days and stayed at this hotel. Over the years I have stayed in many hotels in holiday areas around the world. This hotel rates as one of the very best.
The hotel was very well designed with a beautiful, bright and airy atrium as you enter to go to Reception. The public rooms were excellently furnished but the big asset for the hotel was its staff. Efficient, smart, friendly and always willing to assist, advise and go that extra mile.
The bedrooms and indeed the other rooms were spotlessly clean and well maintained as was the pool area and the grounds. The layout of the grounds deserve special mention running from the rear of the hotel past the pool area and down to a sheltered beach. Throughout there was a plentiful supply of comfortable loungers.
We were on a bed and breakfast basis and only had one dinner in the hotel. The food was plentiful, well prepared and their was an excellent choice. My only complaint was that although there were a number of restaurants in the hotel to choose from, not all of them were open when we were there.
Add to all this a number of shops within the hotel and a well appointed spa with indoor pool and I have to say this hotel ticks all the boxes for a first class stay.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room at the front of the hotel facing the busy road. Pick a room on a higher floor ove...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
VKilanis, General Manager at Mediterranean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing the Mediterranean Beach Hotel for your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our facilities and service provided by our team members. Rest assure that your positive comments will be passed to the rest of the Med Team. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.

Concerning the opening of our restaurants please note that the hotel offers a selection of six dining venues. Some of them are operating during summer time and the reason being closed was the bad weather conditions during May. However four of them were available giving the opportunity to our guests to choose from a variety of themed buffet nights, al carte menus, authentic Italian cuisine or Japanese specialties.

Once again thank you for having taken the time to write to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This year I was in Cyprus for the first time. I stayed at The Mediterranean Beach Hotel from the 4 th of june until 22th of june 2013. Hotel Mediterranee fully compliant with the four stars.
I had a normal rooms with beautiful sea view . About food..the choice is not particularly large,
but the food was tasty.. Responsive staff. Maybe next vacation I will be guest in this hotel again.

Special thanks to Maria Rigou!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I highly recommend the Mediterranean Beach Hotel– it was the perfect choice to aid in the recovery of my surgery. Located on the seafront, the location and facilities of the Mediterranean Hotel are nearly equivalent to its 5 star neighboring hotels (Amathus and Four Seasons), while offering much more reasonable room and food/drink prices and complimentary wi-fi throughout the public areas. As the Mediterranean Hotel is locally owned, it offers a personal touch that can only be described as Cypriot hospitality at its best – it is obvious that the hotel puts a great deal of effort in hiring the right team of staff as everyone from the managers to housekeeping and hotel staff were quite pleasant. I want to especially thank Herato, Andreas, Evgenia, Maria from Athens (who is a ray of sunshine), Martina and the managers who go out of their way to exceed expectations and created a hospitable, family-like atmosphere. The entire hotel is well maintained and the premises is kept extremely clean – including the pool and the sandy beach. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to revisit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank aekbabe

Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and memorable experience at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel.
It gives us great pleasure that you have chosen us as your destination to relax and recover from your recent surgery, and we are really glad to know that we have succeeded to do so.
Rest assured that all your comments will be passed on to the rest of the Med Team and may I take the opportunity to further assure you that such feedback is very encouraging for all of us and enhances even more our commitment for constant upgrading of our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and extending to you once again our genuine and warm hospitality.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a great time here, the beach was nice and the hotel facilities including pool, spa and restaurants were of very high quality. Hotel prices were also very reasonable. I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you have kids, there are rooms that open up to the garden which may be more comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
VKilanis, General Manager at Mediterranean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It was indeed very kind of you to take the time and let us have your impressions from your recent stay at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us.

The aim of the entire Med team has always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our Hospitality, and we all look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed for a conference at the hotel. I was a bit disappointed they didn't have my room ready upon my arrival. Once in my room I was very pleased. The room was very nice and clean, comfortable and with a beautiful view. I had 2 great meals with room service as well.
The service was great also, they staff were very attentive to anything I needed.
The one thing that really bothered me at the hotel was the lack of free wifi. In today's age, not serving free internet seems very wrong. And even when I paid for it, I was stunned to have such bad internet reception in my room. It went on and off and I had to call reception several times for it to get fixed. That was my one complaint.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
VKilanis, General Manager at Mediterranean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It was indeed very kind of you to share your memorable experience with us, and submit your impressions from your recent holiday at our Hotel.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at the Med. We can only assure you that the sole commitment of the Mediterranean Team is to continue adding value to our services and to further advancing our leadership position in the hotel industry.

Therefore kindly be informed that we have already upgraded our internet services and facilities and our guests can now enjoy strong signal and free WI-FI connection in our lobbies and indoor bars.

We would like once again to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our Genuine Hospitality, and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at The Mediterranean Beach Hotel from the 8 th of May until 19th of May 2013 .I have been recovering from heart surgery and had been advised to go somewhere warm by my surgeon.I choose the hotel without ever having been to Cyprus before and could not have come to a better place.
.The entire staff were extremely friendly ,helpful and polite,Martina in particular who served in the bars was outstanding.Her caring manner and delightful personality were an enormous help to my recovery.

As painter I was so impressed with my experience that I presented the management with a framed watercolour of the view of the Mediterranean from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Neil H
VKilanis, General Manager at Mediterranean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review and for your kind words regarding your stay at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything of a high standard.
I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our team members who provided you with excellent service and thank you once again for the excellent and priceless gift.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel for yet another relaxing holiday!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have spend two weeks at this Hotel. To say that we enjoyed it will be an understatement. It was an outstanding vacation . The location on the beach determined our choice of the hotel. It was a very good choice. The rooms are nice and well kept.Now that we are back home we cannot but express our gratitude to all those who made our vacation so memorable, the staff of the hotel , extremely friendly and helpful. Just to mention a few names : Mirela, and her colleagues at the reception , Maria, Daniel, Ovid, Wiaceslav at the restaurant, the executive Chef Achilleos with his team, including Marian. Unfortunately, we do not remember all the names , but our appreciation goes to all the staff names.The variety and the quality of the meals should be praised.

We shared our impressions with friends and stressed that the ratio quality/price is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have exceeded your expectations. Rest assure that we will pass your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in the near future.