I just spent 3 wonderful days here with a friend. The staff is great, rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was a real smorgasbord - the best I've seen in all the hotels I have stayed at.
We splurged on some spa treatments, something we've never done before... And they did not disappoint! The staff there was very helpful, accommodating, friendly and inspired relaxation from the moment we walked in. I need to give a special kudos to Renata and Lena - both therapists have magic hands! I strongly recommend putting yourself in their hands to drain your stress and feel better.
If I have any complaints it would be that the noise from the atrium carries a lot to the rooms, and there was a bit of that each night from the Russian guests at the hotel who had little manners.
One night I could not sleep, so I went to the lobby around 3am to get wifi. A female cab driver walked in and proceeded to get into a screaming match with the hotel receptionist. Given that the front desk is at the bottom of the atrium, the noise must have disturbed guests. This went on for about a half hour and was totally inappropriate. I couldn't understand why the front desk receptionist did not put a stop to this or urge her to lower her voice to prevent waking up the guests.
It would be wonderful if the free Wi-Fi extended to the rooms.
On another note, I thought it was odd that the jacuzzi was in strange location within the spa area - between the women's and men's bathrooms as well as between the sauna and steam room. This meant a lot of traffic in front of the jacuzzi that made things a bit awkward.
My understanding was that only people over 16 were allowed in this area but Russians were allowed to bring their little kids into the jacuzzi who made lots of noise and overall made it uncomfortable for people.
Other than these observations I've noted above, I have to say that this hotel met and exceeded all my expectations, and I would definitely recommend it to others.
PS: I read in other reviews complaints from people who were annoyed at the cats that roam the property. I myself am not a cat lover, but these kitties were actually very friendly and sweet. I understand that it's a nuisance to have a cat hang around while you're eating breakfast in the terrace, but being an animal lover, I was happy to see that they are well fed and treated kindly by the hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol