We came back from a wonderful week long stay at the Mediterranean Beach last week and felt it was time I wrote my review of this truly lovely hotel.
We stayed in room 407 (next door to BruceNB who wrote a review below and was there the same time as us!) which was a superior sea view and I echo what most other reviewers say in that it is definitely worth paying extra for a sea view. Our room was perfect, quiet, lovely balcony, very comfortable king size bed and all the facilities that you need for a hotel stay. The bathroom was spacious and had beautiful toiletries available.
We didn't use the mini-bar and hardly looked at the television but noticed there were a few English channels. The tea and coffee making facilities were a nice extra and there was loads of storage space plus cosy bath robes and slippers available and it was nice to have the extra sitting area included in a superior room.
I agree with BruceNB that the free wi-fi was very intermittent and getting a full signal was very difficult but, it was included in the price of a superior room and when alls said and done you don't go on holiday to spend the whole time on-line!
The buffet breakfast each morning was delicious, a huge choice, whether hot or cold, full English or continental. It was a blissful way to start each day sitting outside on the terrace overlooking the beautiful hotel grounds enjoying the gorgeous weather.
The staff at the Mediterranean Beach were all very friendly and helpful, especially those at breakfast time, always a smile and a 'good morning' they all seemed genuinely pleased to see us every morning. Special thanks to Alexandra in Concierge, in the reception area, she was amazing and so helpful in making our 'anniversary' even more special. Our room was kept clean and tidy by the cleaning staff although we did wonder why every afternoon a maid would knock on our door, offer us a mint and ask us if all was ok?! A nice touch I suppose but equally a bit irritating a couple of times as one time she just came in when there was no answer to find my other half just in his underwear!!
We only ate at the hotel one evening, we had the carvery buffet which was nice. A good selection of food and, again, lovely staff. We decided against going again feeling that it was a bit too expensive for us and we always prefer to try out and support the local restaurants. The entertainment that evening was 'interesting' and at one point we did worry that the acrobat/dancer was going to end up face first in our soup as our table was so near the dance floor! But, it all added up to the experience of the hotel and made us laugh!!
The swimming pool and grounds were lovely and beautifully kept, the private beach area was great and we also tried the small pool bar a couple of times which served tasty (large!) wraps and delicious ice-cream (try the yogurt and pomegranate - yum!). There were always pool loungers available, either by the pool or on the grass area towards the sea even though we did notice that some people were obviously up early and staking their place each day with the beach towels!! We tried the indoor pool too which was very quiet.
Beach towels were given out on presentation of a card that you get when you check in this, this system worked well and you could get a fresh towel whenever you wanted.
We will definitely return to the Mediterranean Beach if we ever visit Cyprus again and have no hesitation in recommending it. Many thanks to all who work there and who made our trip so fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, TravelUp, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol