stayed at this hotel on business for week late April/May 14. We had a room on the 6th floor, but directly above the entrance so it was noisy with traffic and had poor views, but in fairness it was booked on a business offer rate so I got what I paid for. I asked to be moved the next morning, and was shown a room with a side sea view, which was very private and quiet. I moved for a supplement of 15 euros per day as opposed to a 'quoted' 30 euros.
The rooms are good, kept clean and the hotel has a pleasant layout in the reception lobby areas. Breakfast was good, a wide choice of buffet options and it was lovely to eat out on the terrace. The layout around the pool and gardens was superb, subtly broken into different areas. I mainly ate evening meals within walking distance outside the hotel, where there is a wide choice of tavernas offering good quality meals. I had a couple of lunches in the hotel, I.e. sandwiches that fed two people, and the buffet lunch, excellent choices of food.
The hotel is about 6 miles from the old port and Turkish quarter, but the public bus stops regularly outside the hotel and fares are 1 euro.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel and local tavernas are very much geared up to cater for the Russian tourist market, which was very much in evidence at this end of Limassol.
My only criticisms of the hotel is the phased wi fi offer, free in reception but charged for room use. This is indicative of hotel's attitude to charging you for everything, I.e room moves, and a late check out can be arranged for a fee, I understand the hotel is a business but you feel they want to squeeze you for any charge. That said, I would recommend this hotel but you really must get a sea view away from main road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol