Mediterranean Beach Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
2,056 results
All reviewsblue barclouds barbacco restaurantsea viewsushi restaurantroad sidelovely hotelindoor poolmini barstar hotelthe general managerfamily roomreception staffswim up barpublic areasprivate beachfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I, my wife and 1 year old daughter went to Mediterranean Hotel for Easter Holidays in April. Generally the hotel was as we expected it to be. The staff was friendly and ready to help us any time especially with our daughter. We booked B/B for a sea view room. On the first day they put us on a corner sea view room on the 6th floor (they forgot to put a baby cot as requested when booked online from their web site but intermediately brought one) . Despite the fact it was a sea view room it was near the main road and when you where out on the balcony you could also see and hear the cars on the road. At first we thought this will not be a problem since during the day the noise from the road was not that much. But in the evening things where different! You could here a lot of noise specially from motorcycles and fast cars. We woke up all the time from the noise specially our daughter. So in the next morning we mention the problem at the reception and they immediately changed our room. They helped us carry our stuff from our room to another sea view room that was on the center of 5th floor. This room did not have any noise at all!!! At last we could relax! Having experienced 2 of the rooms from Mediterranean hotel i can say that generally rooms are really nice. They where clean, the bathrooms where old and definitely need a renew but had all the time hot water with a very good pressure. The mini bar was expensive as most of the hotels so we never use it. All we needed we could find it on the many mini markets just outside the hotel.
The surroundings of the hotel are really nice too. The pool is large and did not have problems to find sun bets in the morning. Of course at this time the hotel is half booked. Also the beach in front of the hotel is nice and clean. We tried to use the indoor pool thinking it will be warmer for our child but the temperature was almost the same as the outdoor pool. So we asked the lady in charge there to see if the pool is really heated and she said that the pool is heated between 20 - 29 decrease Celsius. Well it was cold and i am not sure if they heat it at all. Anyhow,we visited once the children s club. Its quite small with a few outdoor and indoor games, but it was ok. Our daughter was more fascinated with the beach sand and the pool so we did not have any problems of keeping her busy and happy :-)
The breakfast had all the things we wanted but specially liked the croissants and the carrot cake.
To conclude i believe that Mediterranean hotel is one of the best hotels in Limassol. The noise on the main road specially in the evening is an issue for all the hotels at the area but if you could get a sea view room that will not be an issue. I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My Husband and I have just returned from the Med Beach, we have been to Cyprus before but not to Limassol.
On arrival at the hotel we was greeted by polite staff and our bags were taken to our room by a lovely porter.
We had booked a sea facing room after reading earlier reports about the noisy rooms on the road side of the hotel. We were on the 6th floor and the views were fabulous. The room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was very clean and a good size. The shower was powerful and there was plenty of hot water no matter what time you used it. Towels were changed if you left them in the bath. Also this hotel has the best TV we have ever had ???, all 5 English channels, plus sky news, euro sport (not such a good picture), plus some cartoon channels, and good, flat screen tvs. We also found English radio by scrolling through the channels (beware if you have little ones as there is an 'adult 'channel).
We had booked half board and the food was excellent and with plenty of choice, especially for breakfast. Fresh omelettes cooked as you wait, fresh fruit, cereals and plenty of hot food as well. Tea and coffee bought to your table. You can choose to sit inside or out, which was a great way to start the day. Also the times for breakfast was 7am till 10 am, so no need to rush first thing in the morning.
The pool areas are well maintained and there was plenty of sunbeds even later in the day. This could have been because it was still a bit early in the season. There is a beach bar which serves drinks and snacks, which I will come too later ??.
There is a grass area, again, with plenty of sunbeds facing out to the sea. Then the beach. Again, plenty of beds and umbrellas, but I would imagine it gets very busy in the summer. The sand is very dark and it did have the feeling of being dirty, but I'm not sure if it was the dark sand or if the beach was'nt quite ready for use. The umbrella posts were getting a new lick of paint as was the decking areas and other fences etc. You are given a card on arrival which allows you to get a beach towel, this can be changed every day. We did hear the man who was working on the beach asking people if they were staying at the hotel, if not they was asked not to use the sunbeds as they are just for the guests of the hotel. When someone said they was staying, they was asked for proof as they did'nt have a hotel beach towel ??.
The whole place is very well maintained and very clean.
The evening meal was really good with a good choice. Plenty of salads as well as hot food.
There is a spa at the hotel which I used and I found it to be first class, maybe a little expensive, but I thought it was worth every penny (or euro ). There is also an indoor pool with beds to lie on and relax, and a small gym. There is a kids club, but as we had no children with us I can't comment on it.
Well, after all this positive stuff, now comes the not so good stuff................. On the whole we found the hotel to be really expensive. I know most hotels are but I don't know if it is to do with the euro not being so good or if Cyprus has got very expensive.
There was a buffet lunch if you wanted it and it cost 22 euro per person and 12 euro per child. Sunday lunch was 24 euro. The average pool snack (toasted sandwich) was 8 euro. A coke was 3.50 euro and tea was 6 euro for 2. When your getting 1 euro for £1, I think its quite expensive. The internet cost 5 euro for half an hour. 3 euro for water with your meal. All these things add up over a week.
We used Franx bar which was across the road to have a drink in the evening and the odd meal lunch time and the internet cost 1 euro for 15 min.
A cab from the hotel to the old town cost 10 euro each way. but the worst culprit of all is the mini bar !!!!!!, please beware especially if you have children in your room. We arrived hungry and thirsty and to be honest ate and drank then read the price list ????. A small tub of pringles cost 3.50 euro. I paid 59c in the shop over the road. We only made the mistake once hahaha. A tip is buy some goodies in one of the many supermarkets, especially bottles of water.
The other gripe is there was no entertainment at all. Sorry, there was a singer/guitarist while we was having dinner. And we missed the greek dancers (there was no notice to inform us that they would be there). Evenings are very boring in the hotel. I don't know if anything happens later in the season.
Did'nt do any trips, just had a totally relaxing holiday.
Sorry to end on a low point, but it is a warning to others how expensive it is.
The hotel is really fabulous, very tastefully decorated. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and helpful.
I would'nt go back there, to Cyprus definatley, but I don't think the Med Beach.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscarbud
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Stayed for just one night with the family and some friends. We were given the best price of the 4-5 hotels we phoned.
Most of the hotel has been renovated with the exception, from what I saw, of the bathrooms which are OK but not up to the standard of the bedrooms or what one expects now from a 4* hotel. Also, some furniture and the corridor carpet need some attention.
The lounge area is generous and it's nice to sit with friends for a chat or a game. The gardens are very pleasant and well tended.
The evening and breakfat buffets had a good choice and the food was perfectly edible, even if it wasn't memorable.
We went a little early for breakfast and by the time we finished there was a queue waiting. The hotel was full of locals with plenty of children for the Limassol carnival so it wasn't your typical day but people who have stayed in the peak season will have a better idea of what to expect.
The staff were doing their best to cope with the sudden influx of Cypriots and were efficient and mostly friendly. Only the foreign waitresses at the lounge area seemed tired and found it difficult to smile.
All in all we enjoyed our stay, though. It's a pleasant hotel and if you are the kind of person who doesn't mind ignoring some small negatives, I'd recommend you consider it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We stayed at the Mediterranean hotel for 2 nights. Before arriving we were sure that the hotel was going to be really nice since we heard that it has been recently renovated. Arriving at the hotel you cannot help but notice the modern character of the hotel, the big lobby, the beautiful swimming pool and the garden. However when we got to our rooms we noticed that even if the whole hotels has been renovated, they did not renovate the bathrooms. In addition we were given twin beds instead of a double bed. In the bathroom, the bathtub looked like it hasn't been cleaned for ages and was full of mold. In addition the water was not going down the drain due to other people's hair stuck down there. The process of taking a bath turned out to be a very difficult case.
If this was not enough, the second day i went up to my room to find to men of the maintenance staff sitting in my room and the balcony door on our bed. When i ask what was the reason for being in the room they replied that they had a report to fix the door and remove the hair from the bathtub drain. When i went back to the room half an hour later i found dirt on the carpet and on the bathroom floor and the problem with the bathtub hadn't been fixed. I immediately went down to the reception to make a complaint and i was sent to the duty manager. I explained the situation and the offered to change my room. Instead i asked to remain in the same room (since we were leaving next morning) but i would like to have my room thoroughly cleaned and the bed covers changed. The manager gave me the excuse that they were busy and they did not have time to fix the problems before our arrival. But he had no excuse for not informing us for the entrance of the maintenance staff in our room nor for the placement of the balcony door on our bed. He did not even offer something in exchange for the problem as a good manager would do in such a case to show that the this was a sporadic incident that should have never have happened. Later on when i though my room was thoroughly cleaned and returned to my room, i saw that they had only vacuumed the carpet but they didn't change the bed covers nor had they cleaned the bathroom. I called the reception again to finally have the bed covers changed.
In general i don't think they are taking complaints seriously. Nor they are interested to offer the best possible service to their guests. This was obvious from another example where a friend found the comments sheet from the previous guest in the room. I will definitely not be returning to this hotel after this. And the definitely do not deserve that 4th star. And to think that they claim they offer a 5* service!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank CyprusTraveller_AK
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Have returned after 4 weeks stay at the Mediterrnean Beach. What a lovely hotel. Nothing but praise for management and staff without exception, nothing ever too much trouble. Being there for 4 weeks we got to know the staff quite well and I felt we were made to feel that bit special! We had a pool and beach facing balcony which was a real bonus, because we noticed that inland view balconies didn't get the sun at all. Something good about sitting out in the sunshine first thing in the morning . Our room was clean, sheets towels etc changed at regular intervals. The meals were lovely we also took advantage of the specialist restaurants which had a special set menu for guests.
We did find the location a bit of a problem, my being in a wheelchair, taxis's were very expensive, but we were still able to go on several trips. We loved the promenarde running beside the beach.
Infact we were very happy with all aspects of the hotel and wish management and staff all wishes for the future and thank you for such a happy time.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple