“beautiful hotel”
Review of Alasia Hotel

Alasia Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here in for 5 nights and were very happy with the place. It has been newly rennovated and they have done a fantastic job. The pool is beautiful and breakfust buffet each morning had lots of variety to suit many tastes. The halloumi is so fresh it is a must try! We mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary when we booked and found a complimentary bottle of bubbly when we arrived in the room- a very nice touch!
As smokers, we would have preferred a smoking room, but as it turned out there was a balcony therefore there were no problems! The bathrooms are a little small but were clean and had lovely toiletries.
For those who like to sleep late there are well lined curtains which keep out any light - very welcome after a long journey or a late night. There is a beautiful bar downstairs that would rival any I have come across.One regret we had is that we didn't eat in the restaurant!
If you want to relax in the room during the day make sure you put up the "do not disturb" sign, as there are lots of comings and goings and staff do not seem to wait for too long after they knock before coming in!
The only possible negative that I can think of is that our room overlooked the roof of a lower floor of the hotel. It didn't bother us enough to request another room but if we came again we would probably ask for a better view.
Be warned - this is quite far from the beach - as we found out when we tried to walk down there one hot day.Save yourself the trouble and get a taxi!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the Alasia Hotel for 5 nights and were very impressed.

The rooms were modern, spacious and clean. Welcome apples were a nice touch. Our balcony faced over the pool for a pretty view.

The hotel itself looked beautiful. Beige and white colour scheme was all through the hotel giving it a calming atmosphere, perfect considering the hotel offers spa treatments. The pool was lovely and goes around the hotel, something different and visually appealing.

The breakfast was better than I have had at 4.5 star hotels. From hot to cold selections and even homemade marmalade. If there is something you want at the breaks buffet, the chef is more than willing to make it, for example, omelettes, mushrooms, etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location was close to both the tourist area and city centre of Limassol. There was also room for parking.

We found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

The only negative I can think of was that the wifi in our room had some dead spots.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have to give a warning and declare an interest at the outset. First, the warning. Beware all reviews (and reviewers). Some of us may have "outlying" opinions so look carefully at the trend of reviews to get a feel for what are most likely to be accurate and representative views. Second, the interest. I am half Greek Cypriot and have been visiting the island four or five times a year for the last 20 years. I know the family who own and operate this hotel very well indeed. But that shouldn't stop me providing a review as long as that interest is declared.

This hotel was set up by the current owners father in the early 60s. It has gradually grown in size and was comprehensively renovated over three years a d re-opened recently. The dining area, bar and health spa are the equal of any of the five star hotels on the island (including the much vaunted Anassa). The pool area is beautifully designed and a very pleasant place to unwind after meetings. The buffet breakfast was excellent. A wide range of fresh fruit, juices and cereals together with any choice of cooked breakfast that you want (I remain mystified that there is a section of the British public who travel to a hot Mediterranean destination and still want to feast on sausages and fried eggs but fear not, if you fall into this cohort then the hotel's kitchens will send you away content. Or you can try fruit, yoghurt, cheese and eat like a local). I dined at the hotel restaurant twice in the evening and the food on each occasion was exceptional with a wine list that many London restaurants would struggle to match.

The room I stayed in most was completely renovated and boasted all the modern conveniences expected in a five star residence.

The service has always been of the highest standards but that may be because I know the owners very well. However in all the time I have been coming here I know it has been a favoured haunt of English families who return year after year and there have never seemed to be any complaints from them about service.

Location. This is not a beach hotel. If you need to be by the beach and to have beach views then it is jot for you. But if you want a boutique hotel with a family atmosphere and don't mind making your own way to the beach then this should suit you. I'm currently on holiday in the med where we have to do just that and sadly don't have the benefit of the Alasia as a base to return to in the evenings. likewise if you are doing business here it is perfect with no silliness such as additional charges for wifi.

So, perfect service in a modern beautifully designed boutique spa hotel. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed there for a week with my girlfriend, we were looking for something nice and relaxing but without having to empty our pockets as other hotels are a bit pricey, and though this is a small hotel it is big in offering great service and people, excellent food especially the steaks, the environment especially in the nights is very calm and relaxing at the cafe/restaurant.

The room was fantastic,clean, spacious with a nice comfy bed and last the swimming pool which is not of Olympic dimensions but looks cool and beats the summer heat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Very rude at the reception.Room was very small and claustrophobic,with non existent view,
Price very high for what it offers.Bathroom so tiny you couldn't move around.I don;t understand the people who write that that they like this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank helen k
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Due to my work I have to stay every three weeks in Limassol so I was very happy to find this small renovated hotel which would make a big change to price compared to the other beautiful hotels Limassol has to offer!!! After reading the raving reviews and looking at all the photos I thought I should personally give them a call and come to an arrangement of a price since I would be needing accommodation so often!!!The reception passed me on to the owner who was a friendly lady and gave me a very special price for two nights -as she said!(but after checking on the internet rates, the price was exactly the same with no discount at all)! WIthout that to my knowledge I had made the booking with her and she also passed me to the reception to confirm my booking again!This was 3 days prior my stay! When I got there all excited ..I entered the hotel and I have to say I was very happy to discover it was very new,clean and modern!..I headed to the reception surprisingly to discover that my booking was lost and they didn't even remember our telephone conversation!...This was very embarrassing as they made me feel it was my fault so they said they would go out of their way to accommodate me in one of their suites!The suite was very small so I can imagine how tiny standard rooms would be but the worst was not being able to open my balcony door as the room was situated on top of the air-condition ventilator system which made so much noise!The room was also boiling hot ,the air condition was not working properly and the bathroom was tiny with no hooks to hang the towels.I felt very claustrophobic and I could barely stay more that 20 minutes in the room!...breakfast was very minimal and the person responsible there could not bring themselves to say good morning ! as I headed to my room I just wanted to confirm my second night as well which to my surprise AGAIN they said they would not accommodate me as the room was booked!!And not just that they couldn't even give me a late check out so that I could to go to my work!!!This was unacceptable in all ways!!!! All I could do was pack my suitcase and take it to work with me!!!MAde me furious in all possible ways!It is a big shame for people with no manners to run hotels and behave as such!They are charging way too much for what they offer and completely disorganised .Definitely not going back again!!!And for people that are thinking to go for a holiday it has no beach anywhere near and the neighbourhood that is situated is horrid!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank YvonneM K
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Its being a lot time to visit such a beautiful hotel. trust me everything is perfect. The place, the people, the pool, the services, the room, the architect of the hotel made a really good job...just go!You won't be disapointed. lovely place..I will visit again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple