“Its redone and it's good”
Review of Caravel Hotel

Caravel Hotel
Ranked #27 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed there 2 weeks ago for 5 days. The rooms have all been re-painted, new carpets, new water mixers at the bathtubs, the maids are all doing excellent job when it comes to cleaning. Breakfast not very reach but it's ok for a 2 star hotel. The only thing I would suggest to the management is ti do something regarding the volume of the music coming from the roof club!

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Angelotti

Reviewed 4 May 2012

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay this will do just fine if you don't mind compromising your immune system and starving to death. This is the filthiest hotel with the worst service I have ever been to. I do not recommend this to anyone. 'Terrible' is just an understatement when rating the hotel and overall experience of staying there.

Room Tip: Any other hotel instead of this one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Paul M
Caravel L, Manager at Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul M,

Caravel Hotel management has been changed since April 2014 and the hotel has been upgraded in all aspects!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was looking for a cheap bed for a couple of nights in the Four Seasons - Poseidonia area. This hotel I knew quite well twenty years ago but I had seen worrying reports. Decided that if the room was dirty as others had described then I would move out straightaway and just pay more.
Receptionist was very welcoming and I was told my room was on the 3rd floor. I had a twin room for sole occupancy and the view from the balcony was towards Limassol and I could see the sea. The weather was very bad during these two days so I didn't venture on to the balcony.

The bed linen was clean as were the plentyful supply of towels. The water in the shower and basin was very hot.

Two things were disappointing - one because there were not many people in the hotel after the bank holiday the bar was closed. The other problem was breakfast when the first morning it was toast and hard boiled egg with baked beans and hot drinks from a machine. This sounds fine but the machine failed to produce a drinkable cup of drink.

For a bill of £12 a night I cannot complain. I would not stay here for a longer stay. I much prefer the Navarria but that was closed this winter.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cypriotpal

Dear customer,

As part of the management team at the Caravel hotel, the issues you have mentioned do not describe or represent the establishment here.We would like to thank you for your constructive comments which have helped us a lot to improve our services for the upcoming season.We are more than happy to inform you that all the maintenance issues have been resolved and all the rooms are in a very good condition. We have a new team of experienced chefs with new tastes and variety of traditional and international cuisine! We would be delighted if we could meet you this year in order to offer you our improved services!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Nice, clean and safe kindergarden and pool
Clean rooms with sea view
Nice girls in the reception
Fast elevator
Condoms in the bin

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank andreas s
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was unfortunate enough to spend christmas at this hotel, and I think I can say without fear of argument that it is probably the dirtiest, grubbiest hotel that I have ever stayed in. I saw a vacuum cleaner once during my stay, but it never found its way to either my room or the public areas. I don't feel that I want to write a "war and peace" about this hotel, but in all the times that I have visited Cyprus (approx the last 12 years) and stayed in 2 and 3 star hotels I have never had such a depressing holiday. There was only about a dozen people in the hotel the whole time that I was there, and only 2 of us on half board. Dinner was shipped in from another establishment, and was unrecognisable and either luke warm or cold. We gave up midway and ate out for the rest of our time there. The bathrooms were unbelievable, and indescribable. I didn't even have any enamel on my bath. The staff try very hard, but are not being given the tools to work with, consequently it is unfair to complain to them to much. If the rates are too cheap then they need to renegotiate with the holiday companies, and clean their act up. Sorry, but I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank freddieSussex

Dear customers,

Reviewed 15 October 2011

On the 14th of October I stayed at the Caravel Hotel, in Limassol, Cyprus with three other friends of mine, . Because it was out of season, they gave us a good price. 25 Euros for a single room and 36 Euros for a double room. But what I can say for sure is I will never stay there again. When we arrived at the hotel, we were quite disturbed by the heavy smell of the hotel. It was the smell of dampness. Then we entered our rooms and it was again a big disappointment for all of us,. That heavy smell was in the rooms as well. Besides the smell, the washbasin was broken and the white bath had turned into grey. We thought the hotel definitely had to be closed down and renovated. It must be forbidden to accept quests under those conditions. The breakfast was also very poor.
The only good thing about the hotel is the beach opposite. It is fantastic.
You can spend the whole day there as we did; eat, drink, swim, play, walk and watch the sunset. A very relaxing beach despite the disappointment at the hotel..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank oya_10

Dear customers,

Reviewed 5 August 2011

The hotel is very scruffy and areas such as the dining room and pool area are dirty and don'tt seem to have been cleaned properly.

In a day 10 stay bed line & towels were only changed once despite complaining to reception and for the first 3 days the room wasn't cleaned at all.

Food is disgusting; no attempt at presentation, tasteless, luke warm and very very oily.

Requests and complaints are noted but little action taken and staff are not very friendly.

This is the worse Cypriot hotel I've stayed in and I would not recommend staying here at all.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank evie_raye

Dear customer,

As part of the management team at the Caravel hotel, the issues you have mentioned do not describe or represent the establishment here. We would like to thank you for your constructive comments which have helped us a lot to improve our services for the upcoming season. We are more than happy to inform you that all the maintenance issues have been resolved and all the rooms are in a very good condition. We have a new team of experienced chefs with new tastes and variety of traditional and international cuisine!