“Best Value Hotel In Limassol”
Review of Caravel Hotel

Caravel Hotel
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Stratford-upon-Avon
“Best Value Hotel In Limassol”
Reviewed 23 December 2009

For anybody contemplating visiting Cyprus - Limassol area I would strongly recommend this hotel and is ideal for all ages and is nice and quiet. Please ignore previous reviews, Having just returned and a frequent visitor to this hotel 4th visit this year for business and for pleasure, I can honestly say that it is the best option for those of you on a low budget. I would also recommend that you book half board as eating out can be expensive. (Panyiota the chef cooks some lovely evening meals) I have looked at all hotels in the Limassol area and have not found one to be as reasonable as this one. I would class this hotel as a good but basic 2* hotel. I have paid over a £100 per night in a similar hotel in London without breakfast, so for any disatisfied customers out there please bear in mind that you are paying a lot less and getting more for your money!! Cleaners are there everyday except Sunday to service your room if needed. Beds are comfortable. Clean towels always available. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring and is located off the main road which is quiet unlike most that are situated on the main road and can be noisy from passing traffic. It is a 5/10 min walk to the bus stop which has frequent buses, if you require any information the staff at the reception are very accommodating. Over the road from the hotel is a promenade which is on the seaside road that will take you to the old port, (where you will find winding streets cafes, shops and more) on your way you will also discover a beautiful forest of trees where you will find benches where you can sit and relax. Limassol has a lot to offer and is a good base to explore other parts of the island. It's suitable for all ages and can be as quiet or as lively as you want , so give it a try, I would be really pleased to receive your reviews. If you have any questions please ask I would be happy to help you. I can also recommend a good tour guide that will take you to some beautiful places in Cyprus and will spend time with you rather than organised rushed excursions that many have experienced.. Enjoy and have a good trip

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Joanna95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Although I found the rooms pretty basic, for a 2 star accommodation it had everything I needed. Housekeeping was daily including changing of towels and making of beds. House keeping staff as with all the staff were friendly , helpful and accommodating.
I found the bar and restaurant clean and relaxing with additional entertainment on some evenings. The pool was lovely, warm and clean.
Tha Hotel was situated in a nice area of Limassol with a sandy beach just over the road and many pubs and restrants just down the road. Locally the area had everything within walking distance.
I booked the hotel on a Bed and Breakfast basis and found that the food was above the 2 star level I was expecting. As a traveller, I expect the right level of service for the number of stars the hotel have. With the Caravel I was more than happy with everything that I received.
All that the Caravel needs is a lick of paint and a bit of TLC.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Sammy006
Dublin
Reviewed 10 August 2009

just returned from cyprus,stayed in the caravel,or caravan as us and a few others there at the time christened it !first impression on arrival,2 o'clock in the morning,dark, dirty,old.check in nice guy,no information about hotel.up to room,en route dirty walls with holes,sauce on walls and old stale smell.into room,smell got worse,really sickening.a/c on,not great very hot in fairness.as i do have look around,into bathroom,toilet stained,behing the sink black.shower just as bad in corners and tiles!balcony full of dust.next day got worse in day light :( shower taps grubby wouldnt even turn,sink the same.breakfast not a bit of fruit in sight for the whole week glad wasn't full board ! breakfast same all week ! one girl behind recp not very pleasant or helpful at all,the guys lovely.complaied to budget rep about room,cleaners sent up ,very upset,taught i was going to be thrown over balcony,not happy about complaint.the hotel is very old and in need of a gutting,definatley in rooms deptartment.pool area ok but as the week went on the pool began to feel grubby,never seen it been cleaned,no attendants.so for me this hotel a big NO !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank berthaDublin

Travellers are raving about these Limassol hotels

huddersfield
Reviewed 29 April 2009

The room was clean but nothing worked aircon etc, breakfast consisted of eggs cold meats cheese no toast as the toaster did not work, the staff did there best on what they were allowed to do, it was SELF SERVICE and a walk to the main bar if you were at the pool and wanted a drink, no entertainment at night and on a 7am departure not even a cup of coffe before we went. If you are considering this hotel then in one word DON'T

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HuddersfieldSmiler
UK
Reviewed 5 June 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one week recently.
The location is great with a clean beach opposite, plenty of shops close by and the bus stop into Old Limassol across the road.

I have also been fortunate to stay at this hotel in previous years and can say it was an enviable 2 star hotel,so it was sad to see
a good hotel in need of tlc!

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. However the hotel is in urgent need of some refurbishment. I found it clean but my room and public areas were in a tired condition..

There was entertainment a couple of nights.....singer, karaoke.
Yes the swimming pool was off for a few days due to maintenance as it is early in the season. The gardens were being tended in preparation of the new season.

The breakfast is continental style but there are plenty of places to have a "english breakfast" if you cannot cope with cold meats cheeses etc....Evening meal was good enough for a 2 star hotel.

The good news is that the new Manager recognises the concerns and is on a mission to improve Caravel over the next 12 months and he has already begun to make changes.

This is a budget hotel, a friendly hotel ....close by a good beach and shops.

• Liked — Location Friendly
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank HERBY55
Cyprus
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I have just returned from a night's stay at Caravel hotel in Limassol. I don't usually write reviews about hotels I stay at, but I felt strongly that I should mention my experience.

The hotel stuff were quite friendly and helpful. However the hotel's condition is dreadful. The bed sheets seemed clean but I still have doubts about their condition as there were female hair on the bed cover and on the bottom bed sheet. A couble of hairs also on the bathroom floor. The bathroom sink was very old and rusted and the bath was so slimy that I doubt if it was scrubbed once these last 12 months.

The elevevator is very small (max 3 persons). Inside there were anouncements: "unfortunatelly the swimming pool is out of order" and "talking food or drink items outside of the breakfast area is prohibited. Violators will be fined EUR3,42" (!!!)

I paid EUR30 for one night which is dirt cheap but even for that kind of money I think travellers should be treated with more respect. I wouldn't recomend this hotel, even to my enemies.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — bad room condition
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CyprusKokos
Caravel L, General Manager at Caravel Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear customer,

As part of the management team at the Caravel hotel, the issues you have mentioned do not describe or represent the establishment here.We would like to thank you for your constructive comments which have helped us a lot to improve our services for the upcoming season.We are more than happy to inform you that all the maintenance issues have been resolved and all the rooms are in a very good condition. We have a new team of experienced chefs with new tastes and variety of traditional and international cuisine.

We would be delighted if we could meet you this year in order to offer you our improved services!

We look forward to meeting you,

Yours sincerely,
Neophytos Charmanis
Manager
Kilmarnock, Scotland
Reviewed 28 December 2007

A basic hotel. We went B&B, due to the fact that we attended a wedding in Ncsoia.

I found the breakfast (mostly tomato, cucumber and olives) acceptable. A couple of days we had eggs, sausage, ham etc.

The rooms are basic, but tidy. Our room aircon didn't work properly, and it was very hot all the time. As we lived in Cyprus for a while, we weren't too bothered about the heat.

The area around the Caravel has plenty of restaurants, shops and bars.

We booked through a holiday company and got a good deal. We didn't see or hear much in the way of problems.

Worth a visit to make up your own mind! 3 out of 5.

• Liked — It was what we call cheap and cheerful!
  • Disliked — The air conditioner didn't work properly.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TheTrain546
Caravel L, Manager at Caravel Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear customer,

On behalf of the new management and all the personnel we would like to thank you
for your kind words following your stay with us at Caravel Hotel. Caravel Hotel management has been changed since April 2014 and the hotel has been upgraded in all aspects.

We would like to inform you that this season the upgrade of the hotel is obvious and we would be more than happy if you could visit us during summer 2014 in order to show you the improvement in all aspects! All the rooms are upgraded regarding the maintenance and the cleanliness as the standards are very high.

Yours sincerely,