Elias Beach Hotel
US$290
US$197
HotelsClick
1,738 results
All reviewsmokka barhavana clubsunset pierentertainment teamblue paradise restaurantflavours restaurantamadeus restaurantsea viewwedding partiesbeach volleyballamazing weddingpool barwater poloevening showskids clubbar staffjunior suite
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Where to begin? It's all been said in past reviews and I truly wished I had paid attention. Used to staying at "quality" hotels, paid fair costs and got poor quality in return, seriously, please be advised. So disappointed, can't bring myself to even start listing this hotels short comings. We had Family Junior Suite, hahaha, basic room, dividing door falling off and my girls sleeping on hard, single couches. My eleven year old with a mickey mouse blanket that wasn't changed in ten days. Tv no picture, except on occasion sky news, girls tv no picture at all, no x box as advertised, asked at reception twice, still waiting. Room cleaning very basic. Had to ask for clean sheets. Family room but plastic table with two chairs on grubby balcony with awful smell, maintenance out at drain but couldn't fix. Where do the kids sit? You will read this hotel is seriously, seriously over run with Cypriots and their families at weekends. The pool area turns into no go area and pool safety goes straight out the window. It is dirty and unkept and a real struggle as British holiday makers end up not quoted in favour of the Cypriots. Beware one restaurant only. If you enjoy school dinners you will be happy, especially after a few days. Public areas really nice but rest of hotel sad, tired and in real need of attention. Nothing beyond eleven. Private functions are all this hotel seems to concentrate on. Family rooms overlook the sea with lovely views but beware also this is where they hold function and wedding receptions. We were kept up until 1.30am in the morning with Bollywood type music blarring out from a Cypriot function. Our kids were shattered, frustrated and crying at not being able to sleep. Complaining to reception was useless, they took no action. We ended up the last three days of a ten night hol avoiding the hotel and spending a few hundred euros. If you want quality go to the St. Raphael. Honestly this hotel is three star. The saving grace of this hotel, and the reason we weren't asking to be moved was the entertainment girls. Emma, Laura, Susie and Amy. These girls were truly worth their weight in solid gold. Emma was the wee diamond of the group, my girls truly had the time of their life thanks to Emma and her genuine enthusiasm towards the kids. She gave 100 percent of herself for the whole duration of our holiday. Every morning she would actively put herself out to find our girls and make sure they knew the whole activity programme of the day and encourage the girls to join in. The girls were the best entertainment team I have ever encountered. They made the holiday for us without question. The hotel is three star but the entertainment girls are definitely five star. Even the entertainment gets shifted from pillar to post to accommodate Cypriot functions at this hotel from the kids club being moved from the safety of the shade indoor to the heat outside when the venue is being used to poor Laura, the most talented and gifted singer, shunted at the last minute to "make do" and perform at the last gasp, which she does with true professionalism but without choice. Susie is great, she really has such an appetite to succeed in all that does. She is a lovely girl and so great with kids. I am so aware that this review is supposed to be about the Elias Beach Hotel, but the only real positives about this hotel are gorgeous girls namely, Emma, Susie, Laura and Amy. The best entertainment team I have ever came across in all my years of travel.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank KTJack
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just come back from a lovely week ( July 22-29th ), Staff at this hotel are very polite and friendly, The entertainment staff especially, work very hard to make sure you enjoy your stay, Rooms were Mmmmm? as expected ( could do with updating ) although very clean with maid service every day, Road outside noisy at night but you get used to it.We didn't have to be up early to reserve sunbeds ! which has to be a bonus.Food is plentiful and tasty, No problems with drinks either, again the bar staff are very quick and we cannot fault any of the services at all. Overall a lovely hotel and If we travel to Limassol again we would not hesitate at staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and try not to overlook the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here in July 2012 as a big group of family and friends for my sister's wedding. We were all inclusive and found it to be very good value for money and cheaper than if we'd had to buy all our drinks, food etc. The hotel itself was of a high standard and the food was very tasty and we had lots of choice.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the service was excellent. The one MAJOR thing that shocked us was the safety around the pool area. We had a horrible experience when a child of about 4 'drowned' in the pool. We were all in the pool and the entertainment staff were doing 'aqua samba' with us. Whilst we were all participating, a young child had removed his armbands and jumped in the pool behind us. The main pool is quite shallow but obviously too deep for a small child and we were alerted by his older brother (aged about 6) who was shouting for help. The child was unconscious, not breathing and his heart had stopped. We pulled the child out of the pool and ONLY ONE of the 'pool attendants' reacted. My brother gave the child mouth to mouth and the pool attendant did chest compressions which we cannot take away from him although he had to be instructed on what to do by my brother and nephew who are First Aid trained. This went on for what seemed like ages and they managed to resusitate the little boy who was taken to hospital and was thankfully ok. When we spoke to the entertainment staff later on they told us that the 'pool attendants' are simply that. They are NOT lifeguards and yet they wear vests with 'Lifeguard' printed on them. This was obviously very shocking and upsetting for all of us and is something that none of us will forget so watch your kids around the pool!

Aside from that, my sister had a lovely wedding and the hotel welcomed all of us and made her day a very special one. The entertainment at night needs more investment as they have an excellent bunch of girls who can dance and sing really well but it only lasts until 11pm! There isn't much outside of the hotel unless you travel into Limassol so for young people it is quite restrictive. All in all, this is a great hotel but needs improvement in it's entertainment (more please) and most importantly the safety/first aid training of 'pool attendants.'

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish C
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My sister in law recommended this hotel to us and we went with them for one week in May 2012. This hotel is located next a very pleasant beach. Its a 20 mins bus ride along the coastal road to the main centre in Limassol.

That said we did not leave the hotel very much. We booked separate flights accommodation and transfers and obtained a better price. When we were there we upgraded to large sea view corner view room which gave us amazing sights.

The hotel was excellent, clean, not apparently over crowded, never failed to get a sub bed around the pool or at the beach, never had to wait for a table at meals time and always had excellent service. I am really fussy about food but here it was really good quality and loved going for meals.

I would go back again to this hotel as I find no faults whatsoever. The hotel seems to host a number of weddings which is actually really nice to watch as there is a small chapel in the garden area and some ceremonies took place at the beach.

Room Tip: Go hear for a sure thing - an amazing holiday. PS I don't give praise easily
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed for 4 nights as a solo traveler. The hotel is in a nice location on the beach near St Raphael's marina a few minutes drive east of Limassol. I stayed in a Superior Sea View room which had good sized balcony with a lovely view across the hotel gardens and pool, and of course a view out to the sea. The room was clean, bright and spacious enough. All the fittings were working.

Guests are offered complementary breakfast and there is the option to add-on half or full board meals options. All meals are served buffet-style which I am generally not keen on, however the food at the Elias was surprising good quality. There was a large range of salads, hot and cold dishes, children's meals, desserts and fresh fruits. There is a complex of restaurants just across the road from the hotel in case you want a break from the buffets and the lovely "Terra e Mare" seafood restaurant is across the road as well. One disappointing thing was the limited serving hours for food. The kitchen shuts at 10pm and it is impossible to get anything to eat between 10pm and 7am - a small range of room service meals that could be served later than 10pm would be a welcome addition.

I was lucky enough to enjoy a facial at the hotel's spa centre. The therapist was excellent and the treatment was lovely and relaxing. The fitness centre is simple and the cardio machines are quite basic and old however everything works.

I need to make special mention of the hotel's employees - they are wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone went out of their way to ensure I had a nice stay in their hotel. The hotel rating may only be 4 star but the level of service from the employees is 5 star.

Overall a nice, relaxing stay and I recommend the Elias as a good choice when staying for a few nights in Limassol.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo