“Spacious and comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Spacious and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights for a conference. I was so relieved to get out of Israel where I had been for the previous week at the start of the troubles there, that I was, perhaps, biased in favour of anything Cypriot. The hotel had plenty of space, good pools, good breakfasts and pleasant staff, especially Elena on the front desk. Most of the guests were from the UK on a package holiday, but it was also a good place for a conference. I would be happy to return

Room Tip: You pay extra for a sea view (I didn't) but as I was there on business I wasn't bothered.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I don't no how anyone can complain of food we stayed here from 18th June till 2nd July there was so much food to choose from my children 5 and 6 didn't complain once. No upset tummys either on any of our party of 19. There is so much I could write about this hotel we loved every minute of it. The staff are so friendly only criticism would be kanika all stars we felt a bit like we was at haven/butlins on some nights. Michael buble tribute was the best and the outside people that came into entertain us was fantastic. Our wedding was a dream come true from start to finish. The photographer was brilliant pathos photography I think they are 747 photos amazing. We had the Cyprus meze it was amazing. We was very lucky to have our own firework display as a surprise from our friends and family would recommend booking before u travel as they need 7 days for the licence we were lucky that Lydia got for us in 4 and are great full to her. The sushi restaurant was incredible and credit to the staff there amazing. Hotel was clean and tidy never a problem getting a sun bed for our whole party. As I said I could write loads thank you to everyone at the elias beach hotel for everything you done to make our holiday and wedding special I will defiantly be returning from mr and mrs green

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Gemmaellech
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'm not sure where '3rd world hotel' reviewer was staying but not the same Elias Beach Hotel that I stayed at. I found the staff very accommodating, the rooms comfortable and clean. I had an ocean view and yes it overlooked the car park but you could still see the water. The wifi was excellent and free both in my room and around the pool. The food was great with lots of variety. I've never been to a hotel where the water in the mini bar was free so to get 2 bottles on arrival was a nice touch. All in all I had a great time well done Elias Beach Hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed as a family at this hotel from July the 7th until July the 14th 2014. Before arriving we were slightly concerned that the heat would be compromising and that it would be challenging to entertain our 2 year old boy for a whole week at the same place. There was no need to worry at all!! Immediately greeted by the friendly and down to earth staff we felt right at home!
The rooms were so comfortable and the air-condition silent and efficient! the location of the hotel attracted cool breeze even when other places in Limassol were hot and humid. We definitely recommend the sea view rooms! We had a superior sea view room which was spacious and the bed really comfortable and felt so good for aching backs.
The beach was sandy and the sea shallow and there were 3 swimming pools with varying heights but the smallest one was the highlight for our son who absolutely loved it! He also enjoyed the kids club with movie nights, free popcorn, lots of toys and fun! And when you thought that would be enough, the Kids disco where various 'animals' danced with children made sure our son was happy, exhausted and sound asleep all night until 8:30 am! what a luxury!
The restaurants had sublime food (especially the Japanese restaurant where we tried the fish dishes!).
The hotel also offered adult entertaintment such as cyprus traditional night with dancing, tennis, aerobics, gym and archery (we are still trying to hit the apple!).
All in all this was a fantastic holiday that surpassed our expectations and we will be going back there again!
We know almost all the staff by name now anyway so it feels only natural to visit friends again!

Room Tip: definitely go for a superior sea view room! It's worth ll the money!
4 Thank LucascR5510ZR
Port Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The trip advisor award for this place is a joke! Are those reviews for real?... This place is a dump! Don't be fooled by the marketing photos - the rooms are drab, grimy and poorly maintained. The ads say this hotel was refurbished in 2011 but there is little evidence of this. I was 'upgraded' from an inland view room to a 'sea view' room but the predominant view was a filthy litter filled car park .. The plug to the TV was broken, the air conditioner did not work, and the electricity activator fell off the wall on day two. The skirting board had sections missing and the architrave around the bathroom door had not been painted and was still bare wood. The beds were like boards and the pillows hard as rocks.
The hotel info says they provide a fully stocked mini bar but this is not true. They provide a small bottle of water on the first day of your stay and that's it. The water is not replaced. Staff will tell you that the tap water is drinkable but it is not palatable- being full of chlorine. The staff said I could buy water at the bar but of cause this isn't staffed in the mornings when I was headed out for a walk along the beach ( if you want a beach holiday go somewhere else- the place has won awards for clean water but it is one of the ugliest beaches I have ever seen - black sand and trash everywhere) .
The website also states this is a smoke free property, also not true! Or at least not monitored.. The first room stank Of cigar smoke as did one of the housemaids when she bought sheets and other guests smoke on their balconies and smoke wafts in.
They also advertise free wifi in the room, yet again not true. Some rooms have wifi some don't. When I was finally offered another room after three days of excuses and stalling so that I could access the wifi I also discovered that some rooms have big soft beds and others have small hard beds. In the second room the wardrobe door was off its rails. The view overlooking the 'inland' was better than the 'sea view' of the car park! And in this room the air conditioner actually cooled the air ! Stark contrast to the useless machine in the first room.
To add insult to injury the staff are rude, condescending and unhelpful in spite of multiple empty promises that they would fix things and hope our stay was a good one. Well not good enough! Totally sick of the argumentative attitude, misinformation and excuses...
And I did bring all of this to the notice of management so dont believe the customer service manager's reply when she reads this! These people are patting themselves on the back but they are kidding themselves...

Room Tip: Don't go!
2 Thank Rstar14
EliasBeachHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Elias Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Cyprus and subsequent review regarding your stay experience at our hotel.

We always welcome comments made by our guests and were quite saddened by your review. Nearly 9 out of 10 guests rate the hotel as not just OK but very good or excellent. We have many commetns from guests about the friendliness of our staff and how hard they work to make sure our guests have a pleasurable stay. Other guests often write in their reviews about the cleanliness, tidiness and spaciousness of the rooms, the quality of the hotel and the facilities available to them. The fact that we get guests who come and stay with us time and time again speaks for itself!

Wi-FI is free throughout the hotel. We always supply a fridge in bedrooms to our All-Inclusive guests, stocked with water and soft drinks on arrival. This is not a Mini - Bar.

We always explain to guests, through a written note in bedrooms, that if they want to use the fridge as a fully-stocked Mini-Bar there is a charge. However, we also suggest that whilst the tap water is safe to drink, it is chlorinated.

The hotel, like all other hotels in Cyprus, is a non-smoking establishment but this is only true for the interior areas. Smoking outside buildings is legal and common throughout the island. Guests may smoke on their room balconies and unfortunately, the smell of smoke from cigarettes can sometimes drift indoors.

The vast majority of our guests comment very favourably on the quality of the food served at the hotel, the pool area, the hotel gardens and the well-kept beach.

Whilst we appreciate your comments we feel that they do not reflect a true and accurate picture of our hotel. The most recent comments from other guests have included phrases such as "Great, superb, just couldn't fault it", "Fab holiday", "Quality hotel".

However, we are not complacent and always trying to improve the service we provide for guests. We will study your review and act accordingly if we feel we need to improve matters.

Guest satisfaction is our highest priority.

Yours sincerely,

Evgenia Papadopoulou
Guest Relations Manager
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Firstly I would have to respectfully disagree with anyone who has complained about this hotel. My (now) husband and I got married on the sunset pier and stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in June (2014).
In our opinion the hotel is worth its 4*, its clean and tidy, our room was a suite complete with seperate living area and xbox and a gorgeous sea view. We heard no noise from other guests or outside.
The pool is much bigger than it looks on the pictures and gets nice and warm during the day and the whole 2 weeks we were there we never once struggled to get a sunbed even going down to the pool as late as 10.30am - the 3 pools were never crowded during our stay.
The staff at the hotel are amazing, all so friendly and helpful - especially Jo who works on the pool bar/mokka cafe - granted drinks service at lunchtime can be slow depending on what staff are working that day. The evening entertainment was pretty much what we had expected and the staff were friendly and chatty to all guests.
We had 27 guests with us and all of them had a wonderful time our only grumble would be that there is very little to do outside the hotel, however we did our reasearch before booking and knew this was the case.
We all enjoyed the food and despite having a few fussy eaters and two very young children in the group no one struggled to find something to eat. The menu changed daily, the food was always hot and there was so much choice so we struggled to understand how people could find fault. Whilst here my husband celebrated his birthday and the hotel put a card and balloons in our room and gave him a birthday cake after our evening meal.
In our opinion this is a beautiful setting for a wedding and the hotel do alot to make you feel special from the time you arrive with champagne, fruit and a card on arrival to a candlelit meal for 2 with a set menu, cake and more champagne. Finally we would like to say a big thank you to our wedding co-ordinator Lydia Melinioti for making our wedding so stress free and beautiful. Anyone considering getting married here should definatly get in touch with her directly.

Room Tip: a sea view room is a must. We had a suite with seperate living space - came in handy for getting rea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank James B
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at elias beach for my sons wedding we travelled out at beginning of July for two weeks ,our party number was36 people to start and ended with 8 people till the end ,we have just arrived back boooo ,,what can I say it was amazing they just could not do enough for you the staff work there butts off and nothing is too much trouble from the housekeepers that came and cleaned your rooms every single day to management all fantastic ,our wedding was beautiful one to remember the weather was beautiful too as is the beach, the sea the pool everything well worth every penny ,and I also need to mention the entertainment staff emmelia Alex and Sam what a fab team if you have a sense of humour you must visit at night to Havana bar and they certainly entertain around the pool well done guys work hard ,,,,,,and the food was amazing something for everyone well see u in October from the Swinburn family from Lincoln

Room Tip: We had basic room but had fab view and nice room but the sea view rooms are fantastic
1 Thank Diane S