Golden Arches Hotel
Old Bridge(Limassol)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Our first visit to Cyprus was over twenty years ago and we stayed at the Golden Arches. We visited there last year and found the Hotel run down and scruffy. This year however it was undergoing a refurbishment - and , on the ground floor a least , was very pleasent. What was not so pleasant was the bar prices - filter coffee was Euros 3.20 a cup.! We were staying in the Louis Imperial in Paphos - a Four Star with a wealth of facilities , where filter coffee was Euros 2.50. I would be wary of booking the 3 Star Golden Arches with bar prices like that !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2009

this hotel is an x good 80's hotel,very old in a good area but that's it.the sheets were very old and you could see holes from cigarettes!breakfast o.k...

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 17 November 2009

stayed at Golden Arches for 2 weeks....arrived at Paphos airport and and to wait for transfer, got to hotel at midnight, checked in and went to room......horrible smell of cigarettes ( we are non smokers) rooms were very tired looking and in desperate need of some TLC and a make over, (carpets need ripping up, repaint walls, fresh curtains) there was no tea/coffee making facilities ( we bought our own kettle) rooms also not cleaned properly on a daily basis (we cleaned our room ourselves)TV did'nt work even after asking for the remote control for which there was a 20 Euro deposit ( which we got back). There was no entertainment in the evening, food wasn't bad. Hotel taken over at weekends with private functions that took over the hotel, the public toilets were inadequate and smelt disgusting. Waiting staff and bar staff very very hardworking and friendly.......reception staff OK. Pool area OK but could do with the gardens updating, although pool very cold (the sea was warmer) there were lots of cats (they drank from the pool !!!! ) and hundreds and hundreds of flies. The area of Amathus is very quiet, there are some beautiful hotels (mostly 5 star) all with private beaches which if you didn't stay at that particular hotel you were not allowed to use. There are a couple of shops which the staff were very nice and helpful and a few bars and restaurants, one in particular is The Wembley Bar which has home made burgers on the menu ....The Wembley Burger, which is the best I have ever tasted in fact owner gave me the recipe.
Overall we had a great holiday but definately not stay at the Golden Arches again......apaparently it is closing at the end of November for refurbishment so it would be interesting to see it if and when it is finished. I would recomment holidying in Cyprus the weather was glorious...will be returning next year but not to Limassol.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2009

went to this hotel in november 09 the hotel is clean got to my room which was nice had a nice view the staff were ok but i would say theres nothing to do at this hotel which is good if you want a relaxing stay theres loads of cats at this hotel only went bed & breakfast the breakfast was good always plenty to choose from the menu was ok but the drinks are expansive in the hotel. people moan about the cars raceing outside the hotel which is not the hotels fault they cant do anything about it for the price you pay for this hotel i would say it is well worth it if you are on a budget

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2009

This hotel is terrible.
I went to a conference in limassol and stayed in this hotel for 5 days. The breakfast is very poor; there was no hot water almost at any hour of the day (I called the reception and they told me I have to wait half an hour for the boiler but I could only get hot water at midnight); there was no TV on the room (I claimed twice and they took 4 days to put a TV in the room).
One of the receptionists told me that the owner didn't want to make any maintenance because he wanted to sell the hotel.
When I checked out I wanted to make a complain but what I got was a simple piece of paper to leave a message.
This hotel does not have the standard services of a 3 star hotel.
HAS I STATED IN THE TITLE, DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business