“Disappointing”

Ranked #28 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Midlands
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here for two weeks June 2014 whilst working in the area. The rooms are basic but a good size, only a few coat hangers in the wardrobe. The bathroom was very basic and I had a daily battle with the shower which was difficult to secure in one position. The rooms are reasonably clean. Staff on reception are extremely helpful. location is good for the local bus, otherwise there is little other than a couple of bars and a supermarket closeby.
The food in the hotel restaurant was poor with the hotel clearly preferring to cater to their Russian guests who appeared to enjoy the poor quality food judging by the amount they piled onto their plates. I have seen this previously but it really is nauseating. Serving chips at breakfast is apparently for the Russians. The majority of the hot food was mostly luke warm, the eggs at breakfast swimming in oil, and most dishes in the evening lacked any imagination or skill in preparation - yet it was still pretty awful. For dessert EVERY night expect jelly, watermelon and unrecognisable cake - rather like primary school. No tea or coffee available after dinner. Through choice I would never stay here again

Room Tip: Please stay at a different hotel. I was given a sea view - this was just possible between the buildi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SamMurrayMidlands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 May 2014

very good service , bar and food. breakfast was ok but the bed and room in general was not so clean. The staff is polite and efficient and the patio by the entrance is lovely. There is bus that takes you at the Old Port (no 30) and it takes about 20 min,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank TravelerCYP
Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Unfortunately I stayed only one night at this wounderful hotel. I have found it through a website and I got a great deal.
When I arrived here from Nicosia, early in the morning, the receptionist lady informed me it was possible to move me to another room as I had to wait for check-in time. At once, she moved me to a front room instead of the inland room as I had previously booked. What a pleasant person!
I must say my double room was spacious, with airconditioning, Tv, a good private bathroom and a balcony facing the swimming pool and the ocean. The only no I have found in my room, and in the corridors, was the old carpets. Anyway, everything was perfect, a clean and comfortable room.
Talking about the breakfast and the buffet dinner, included in my fare, I have found them great. The buffet food, for my taste, was a little bit salty. They are both served in a spacious well decorated dining area on the ground flour close to the reception.
About the internet, I know they have Wifi, but I really have no idea about the connection quality, as I travel always with no mobile phone nor computer.
The staff is very kind, polite and always giving a hand if you need some help. I needed to contact a Cypriot friend who was staying in another hotel, and they were always very kind when I asked them to call her for me. Also they informed way the best way reach Kourion using public transportation.
The bus 30 stop can be reached at a few metres from the hotel. To the Amathus ruins is only 15 minutes on foot.
Surely I strongly recommend this hotel and, if I visit again Limassol, I will choose it again, but I hope to have more time to realx in the great swimming pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank avieira67
Dronfield
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February 2014.It has its good points;the rooms are pleasant and spacious,the staff is polite and efficient and the patio by the entrance is lovely.It also has its bad points;the food is poor and lacks both quality and imagination,it is situated up a small but steep hill (badly lit at night,thus making it unsuitable for those with walking difficulties) and parts of the hotel are not particularly clean,especially the area at the bottom of the stairs (the main staircase is similar to a fire escape and is at the side of the hotel.)

The Navarria is about 4 miles (6.5 kilometres) outside Limassol,which can be reached by taking bus number 30,at a cost of 1 euro 50.The journey takes about 20 minutes-get off at the Old Port.
There is a couple of bars which sell snacks near to the Navarria.One of these,Hamlet offers
various happy hours-try an Ouzo Special there for 1.7 euro.

A nice half day excursion (walking) can be made to the Roman ruins at Amathus,about 2 kilometres from the Navarria.Walk along the sea-front (away from Limassol) and the ruins
are signposted as you approach them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank allyco
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The bed has bristles on it and was not clean and the breakfast was very poor and i didn' t like. I didn' t like the soap machine there was in the bathroom. And i had problem with service, there were not kind with us.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Petria A

Travellers are raving about these Limassol hotels

Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Would want to share with an experience that we had to face with Navarria hotel. We just arrived today- mother and 10 y.o. Son, we booked a hotel for 2 weeks, cause child will study English on Cyprus. When we arrived and saw our room- i was shocked-the room was extremely dirty, with a mold on a ceiling, dirty carpet with a dirty marks all over, no European plugins and of course no adaptor(so we can't even charge our phones to call home),no wifi, the room cleaning costs 3 euro a day, etc. when we asked to show us other room woman on reception claimed that all their rooms are like that, she refused to talk with a travel agent that booked the accommodation and was extremely rude and unhelpful saying that if we don't like our room, we can collect our things and get out of the hotel!!!!! What kind of hospitality is that? Who gave her the right to treat like that a woman and a child, who booked their hotel for 2 weeks!!!!!!! Truly saying I am a bit shocked, I' ve heard that at times the tourists from Russia and Ukraine get the worst rooms, but I thought it's possible in turkey or Egypt, but not the European country like Cyprus!!!!!! I am extremely disappointed now and don' to know what to do!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Babydada
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

i stayed a week at this hotel back on 15th feb an it was fabulous lovely hot weather even though they were in their winter season lovely an friendly people hotel an room very clean an nice room maids would clean ur rooms every day wiv out fail the beach was lovely jus facin the front of the hotel i couldnt ask for more of this hotel they were so friendly an polite maria the receptionst was lovely an tommy the manager was always at ur beck an call an welcomin u the bar staff were very friendly too an very funny the prices to shop was ok but very comparisive in price theres also local shops near by to i would recommend this hote l to nayone wantin a relaxin stay

Room Tip: u could choose a se view room or ask for room over lookin the pool very nice view on the quiter side
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo