“this hotel was not for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Navarria Hotel

Navarria Hotel
Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Batley, United Kingdom
“this hotel was not for us”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for a week at the begging off march 2011. We wouldnt recomend this hotel to any family or friends, the food wasn't very exciting, and there wasn't any variety from one day to the next, and the food could have been hotter. there was no entertainment on an evening in the hotel , so we were left to find something to do but things were far and few between. The other thing is it was carnival weekend and we wasn't told and the staff at the hotel seemed to ignore their other guests and just concentrated more on the greek side off things for the carnival. The beech area was very run down, you could tell it was early season. The best thing to come out off this hotel was the cleaning staff as the rooms were done everyday. the whole off the area could do with a good face lift.

ernie @ sandra Birstall

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank freebags

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Myself and my wife have just returned from a week staying in your hotel. I would not recomend this hotel to any of my friends or family. I was not happy with the service given in the dinning room at all, the servise was never 100% but when a private function was happening on the premisise, the service level decreased dramtically. i think that the management really need to review their values and would suggest that staff are trainned to a higher level of customer service.

To sum up i was not happy with the service from most of the staff, the choise of food was very slim and not always accomidating to peoples needs. On a good note the cleaning staff were very good at their jobs as I can not really complain about the quality of the room.

Sharon & Ian
Barnsley

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank barnsleyian65

Travellers are raving about these Limassol hotels

staffs england
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My husband and myself have just spent six weeks here and thouroughly enjoyed it. The food was good with a good selection , the staff were exceptionally good. The management were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The only thing that could be improved is the entertainment at night, but really can't expect too much when on a cheap winter holiday.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tonythetiger_9
UK
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I went to this hotel with a group of teenagers competing in a sporting event - so not a holiday.
First impressions - arrived late at night, hotel reception area with comfy leather sofa's etc very nice. Recpetion staff ok and very helpful with us finding somewhere to put sporting equipment. Then I felt depressed!! My room was at the motorway side of the hotel - I couldn't see anything in the dark but it was noisy. Room reasonable size, clean but a bit dated. Then I saw my view after being woken up by the road works - motorway and scrub land - you wouldn't want to sit on your balcony and look at this for a week. So when you book ask to be on the pool side.

Three teenagers were in one room - there is no way these rooms should ever be able to be triple's. We had to move the furniture on to the balcony to be able to move with three beds in there. Air con excellent and easy to understand!!

However - Maria on reception brilliant and moved me to a pool side room as soon as one was available and what a difference - beautiful view and very relaxing. Fridge was delivered to my room as soon as I asked for one, room was cleaned very thoroughly every day, fresh towels every day.

Most staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English. We went in October and it was mainly pensioners staying. No issues with use of the pool as a previous reviewer wrote - they allowed us to use it for training before 9am and there were a number of people using airbeds etc.

Food is down to personal preferences I think - breakfast was fine - lots of choice of cereal, continental or cooked breakfast but they need to sort out the toasters - we were down to two toasters for the whole hotel. Don't be late down for breakfast - it closes on the dot and nothing available after. Evening meal - first night pretty awful and only ate there again on Italian night which I thought was fine but others in our party didn't. Starters and Sweets very samish with lots of jelly.

One of our party was asked to put shoes on in the restaurant at breakfast for hygiene reasons - slightly ironic when the carpet is very badly stained and the local cats are sat on the table finishing off breakfast left overs!

Watch out for the lift - it's lethal - doors readily close on you on your way in and out of it. Entertainment is hilarious if you don't take it too seriously!

Quite expensive in the hotel for drinks, but the whole area isn't cheap. Paid 4.80 Euro's for a Pimms and lemonade. The area is very English with lots of English food including Fish, chips and mushy peas at Michaels! Beaches clean and very close but you have to cross a busy dual carriage way to get to them.

Overall it suited our purposes fine - it was safe, clean and accesible. Food is down to personal taste but it wasn't that bad. Not my cup of tea for a holiday - I prefer something more traditional and out of the way, but I can see why it would appeal to others.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank plumpUk
fife
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We booked the Navarria more for price than any thing else but because it was through Thomas Cook we thought it would be good. Its actually the worst 3 star hotel we have ever stayed in .
RECEPTION AREA
This was lovely with lots of sofas for lounging around on. We only sat in here for a short while while we waited for our taxi to the airport and there were a few fans available to keep us cool. Most of the staff on reception were friendly and cheerful.

ROOMS
Rooms were adequate in that they had everything we needed but they were quite dated. The walls looked as if they had recently been painted but the furniture was old and faded with some chipped bits.I,m not keen on carpets on the floor in hotel rooms and corridors abroad and the rooms did have carpets which were stained,and the corridor carpets were really badly stained.I like a coffee as soon as i wake in the morning but luckily i asked on TA if there were kettles in the rooms and was told no there arent so i took my own.

RESTAURANT
The worst food we have ever had in a hotel. It was apparantly themed nights but I didnt really get a feel for the themes at all.Barbecue night wasnt an outdoor barbecue as we imagined it would be. The only thing that slightly resembled barbecue were hamburgers that looked like they had been cooked on a griddle. They were actually quite tasty but not what we were expecting.I like foreign food whether its cypriot,greek, turkish,spanish or whatever but it was really bland. We actually found it difficult to fill a plate so a few of us lived on 3 plates of soup for quite a few nights.We ended up eating out for the second week.

BAR AND LOUNGE AREA
This was just to the side of the restaurant and was quite pleasant but the bar staff need to learn some manners.I dont think any of them cracked a smile in the two weeks we were there.There was a "SAVERS" promotion on where if you bought three of the same drinks you got the fourth free but you had to keep your reciepts.There were thirteen of us altogether and we had been in the bar on quite a few occasions before we found this out from other guests. The bar staff never told us about it. Partly our own fault because we never read the rules book in our rooms but you'de think they would have told us.one night we were back at the hotel at 10 to midnight so decided to have a last drink in the bar. The girl served us,charged for our drinks then put all the lights out leaving us in the dark and when I say dark it was pitch black. After a bit of an argument in which she told us this is how it is in Cyprus, everything in the hotels close at midnight etc etc, the lights were put back on but why serve us, take our money then leave us in the dark.Not very polite.

POOL AREA
Pool area and the pool itself were really nice. Fairly large pool which was lovely and warm with the sun. Cleaned regularly.

MAIDS
The maids were the friendliest of all the staff, always said hello,even when they werent in the rooms.If you wanted clean towels you just had to leave them in the bath and they were replaced,Clean sheets twice a week,beds always made and hoovered everyday

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank FifeSunlover
lancashir
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I went to Cyrpus for my cousins wedding with my mum, aunty, sister her young baby and my teenage brother along with some more extended family. We paid £430 pp for HB so I expected the hotel to be good - not brilliant, but good. I stupidly read all the reviews on here before departture and actually felt sick worrying the hotel would be awful.

We arrived very late at night, and although the man on reception was very nice, all the rooms were mixed up and because my sister has a small baby we had to look in all our rooms (5 in total) for the one with the cot! Just not what you wanted at that time of night and after a long flight.

Breakfast is OK. Not terrible by all means but could be sooooooo much better. I literally had bacon and fried egg every morning which I did enjoy. They also had sausage , beans, tomatoes etc, and the usual cereals. Oh....there was bread available for toasting but you had to wait for one of the 2 toasters (yes toasters!). Why they have not investing in a proper toasting machien is beyond me.

We were half board, and the food the first night was horrid, but then I suppose thats personal opinion. They change the 'theme' every night which actually is good because it means your not eating the same every night. Some nights I managed to eat there others I didnt. The Italian and Chinese nights were nice. The worst thing about the food is NOTHING is labelled , so god help you if you had an allergy or simply didnt like something. I mean that isnt a hard thing to do is it? There is no air conditioning in the restaurant or the lobby so it is boiling!!!!! (we went in August and you were literally sweating whilst you ate - not good!) . The carpet in the restaurant is minging, stained and dirty and again they just need to spend some money sorting it out!

The staff are ok. The women behind the pooside bar is miserable and was quite short with me after I reminded her very politely that my bor-in-law had been waiting ages for his toastie! The other waitresses were not happy bunnies either. The male staff were really nice and always happy, and whilst I never really saw the maids they cleaned the rooms daily,

The rooms!!!!! Old, tired, tiny, BUT clean! I have to behonest I actually cried the first night, it was just so small and sharing a room with 2 other adults left us with no room to move around at all. We did not unpack as there was no-one to hand clothes for 3 of us. Maybe I am a bit snobbish as my aunt and mum thought it was fine and often told me to get a grip. One AMAZING thing about the rooms is the air con. Its brilliant, and you can leave it on all day and come back to a lovely cool room - bliss!

The pool is nice and a good size . However you are not allowed to do anything except stand in it or swim in it. Seriously no lilos, balls, shouting, jumping, diving etc etc. Even late in the day when we were the only ones left round the pool my 14 old brother and 14 yr old cousin were playing with the ball in the pool and they came out to tell them to stop. Pathetic.

Our bathroom light broke and it took then nearly 3 days to send someone to fix it and it is totally true what you read on here about the lift door.....you had better be quick or they will take off your arms!

I have to admit, after a few days I relaxed and started to enjoy the holiday and didnt then worry too much about the room.

Overall it is an old and tired hotel which needs some money spending on it just to bring it back to life. It wouldnt take much and this is what annoyed me more than anything.

Would I go back....honestly......Never! I dont want to go on holiday and be hastled with a tiny room, dirty carpets etc so no I would not go back.

If you have booked to go and are reading this, it is fine to get your head down etc but it is not perfect!

P.S Location is good, and there is no noise from the road as far as I could hear!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
BEIRUT
Reviewed 14 September 2010

i have stayed in the hotel for three nights and i can assure you that this is the worstttt hotel i have ever,i have been to many hotels but this i dont know what this can be described,first very old,dirty,it smells awful,there is no fridge,no hair dryer,everything is old in this hotel.the food is awfull.i dont recommend this hotel to anyone at hotel,i was shocked of what i have seen.not to talk of the location far from from everything and we had to use the taxi every night to go out and it is very expensive,anyway night life is soooooo borring.
i had the impression that limassol is for old people and for families not for young people.
one good thing is that the lady at the reception maria is so helpful and the cypriots are nice and helpful. governers beach is very nice too.
please take my review into consideration cause i have read the other reviews and thought that this is a good hotel but that was not the case at allllllllllll

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo