“Good tip for couples' stay nearby Limassol”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Limassol
Atlantica Bay Hotel
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It was my first trip to Cyprus, and I was looking for a place somewhere in middle of inland as good starting base for daily trips with rented car. We (me and my wife) prefer peacuful places, therefore we have chosen this hotel, which is in long distance from Limassol city centre. The second reason was, that this is hotel for adults only, ideal for relaxing couples.

Hotel has fulfilled our expectations. Location is realy good, although differently from travel agency leaflets the beach is located not so near, by 5 minutes is always very fine. In October was beach perfect but I am sure that in full season it will be "overloaded", it is too small for such big resort. Bus stop is located a few meters from hotel entry, next plus point.

Restaurant very good, but not to say "wow" :) For me was a surprise that despite I am 55 and my wife 45, we were one of the youngest visitors. Maybe accidentally, maybe this hotel is oriented for such clients, as we have seen also on evening program, which was for us a liitle boring and monotonous.

Sleeping quality - I recommend to choose sea view rooms (unfortunately, I cannot order such room because of problem with reservation on www.lastminute.de). Our room was on the 1st floor oriented to north and we were probably to near to some source of monotous noise (I think tranformer outside), not to loud, but a little disturbing in the night.

But overall really very good place to stay - nice large pools, good equipped. Staff really sedulous and international, even though permanent to try speak with us Russian :) because of they were not able recognise our language :)) It was no problem to speak there English or German.

Thanks perfect roads is this centrally located place really good base for trips in all directions. But Cyprus is a little larger as I have expected. If I would plan this trip in the future, I would prefer to go to Pathos for a week and next time to go somewhere to east, as drive every day j2 x 100 kilometres... But this is my problem, when you wish rather stay on one place, is this resort perfect. No problem to visit Limassol with public transport, city is XXL with many possiblities for shopping and/or historical monuments.

Room Tip: definitely sea view rooms on highest floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Miroslav P

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was our third visit to this hotel and it never disappoints. We always use their fully inclusive package which is superb value.the food is always interesting and great quality with a brilliant choice for all. Hotel rooms are spotless. We have just booked to go again this year would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Even the rooms at the back have an okay outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank suzynoel
Reviewed 17 December 2013

can I first off say that the road to the beach is there but is an underpass and not that big an issue. If you actually want a beach holiday this is not a one to book.

The views from the hillside hotels bar out from the lobby (2 minutes from the beach I said not to book) are lovely. You will not get these views from a lot of hotels which is something I had not read in other reviews.

It is out from the towns / Limassol by a fair way, I would not suggest staying here if you want to go out all the time - HOWEVER. (local buses cheap and frequent but I had a car we know the area).

You can walk east to the marina on the beach walk or back into Limassol to the 4 seasons.

Back to the actual hotel it really was a joy to stop at, really nice food and drink, fantastic staff sumptuous sofas on the veranda I cannot say how relaxing and what a good spot it was.

The pools are equally nice below the veranda, lots of areas to chill out.

5  Thank twylork
Reviewed 10 December 2013

From the first step on Atlantica ground to the very last moment of yet another excellent holiday I am unable to fault our stay. The friendliness of every member of this hotels staff and I mean every member, this includes our cleaning lady, the gardener, the restaurant staff, the beach staff and all staff at managerial level , which certainly includes the Reception Staff were superb, caring and very efficient. It was not only the lovely hotel, the wonderful grounds and beach gardens, the fabulous food that makes this hotel so special but very much the quality of the staff - they are star performers. Thanks very much to you all, special mention to Maria, Head of Care.

Room Tip: Sea view worth the extra as are Superior Rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Alwyn E
Reviewed 30 November 2013

When we first went to Atlantica Bay a Hotel we were completely taken with it. Everything about it was just perfect. The second time we went we upgraded to a suite and was even more impressed. You can't help but want to go back again and again. The staff is first class, the food is amazing and you never want to leave. Roll on the next time we go

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jo s
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just back - sad that it closed as we left on 27th November. Come on Thomson...get real! It's a fantastic hotel and just right.

First time in March and simply could not wait to return. Food excellent and complete variety for me (difficult eater). Drinks on tap. Service superb again. Always wanting to replace your empty glass! Plates cleared immediately in restaurant.

Staff friendly and nothing too much trouble. They are on the dole now! Not right.

Amathus Bay is just right. Quiet and with regular buses for 1.5 Euro each way to Limassol.

Of all the places, this is the least 'young' (Not like Paphos or Agia Napa, which was mostly closed and looked horrendous for anyone over about 20)

All inclusive meant all inclusive in style. Sea View recommended. They also recognised we were returners and provided a welcome bottle of wine and fresh fruit in the room, together with a wee card.

Room Tip: Sea View - worth the extra
5  Thank IDMcL
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Whilst staying in Paphos we decided to visit the Atlantica Bay Hotel in Limassol for 1 night. Check in was a breeze and the reception staff were very polite and helpful. The rooms in the Executive wing were very clean, large and overlooked the pool. There were tea and coffee facilities, a safe, fridge and most important free wifi in the room with a good signal. We stayed on an all inclusive deal and cannot fault the food at all. There was so much variety and vegetarian options as well. All the staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. I am a grandmother with two young grandchildren who I adore but as an "adults only" hotel it was lovely not having children running around. Check out was 12.00am which meant you could have a relaxing breakfast and chill out before leaving. The hotel is not situated on the beach, however they do have an area which is a short walk away belonging to the hotel, where there are sunbeds to use which is virtually on the beach so you get the best of both worlds. My only disappointment was that we didn't stay for longer.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Executive Wing have lovely views overlooking the pool
4  Thank Trish D