“I was scared for my safety from the owner who physically assaulted me.”
Review of The Resort Hostel

and 1 more site!
The Resort Hostel
San Francisco, California
“I was scared for my safety from the owner who physically assaulted me.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although on hostel bookers the hostel claims to be near tel aviv it is not, you will need to take a local bus 45 mins from the city center. If you do not know Hebrew this is a difficult task.

Furthermore your reservation is not respected now garunteed. After realizing a double booking I was quicked off the residence. This hostel is in the middle of a smal beach town when your contract is violated ( I had already paid) you will have no where to go. I tried to get my room back at which I was physically pushed back, refused my belongings ( I was stubborn enough to get them back except for my food he threw on the floor). My belongings were thrown at my head and I was chased off the resort. I honestly feared for my life. As an experienced traveler on my own I consider saftey number one and warn you to stay far far away.

2 Thank Lharris4

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights and we had a great time. From the first moment we entered the premises we understood that it’s going to be relaxing vacation.

The volleyball court, the hammocks, the common room and the great atmosphere, there is nothing else you need. The resort is located 5 min. walking from the beach and There are restaurants and bars nearby.

The room was good: we had a refrigerator and kitchen tools.

This hostel is great if you are planning to relax for several days.

Room Tip: Don’t make any plans because you would definitely want to stay more than you planed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Me and my friend were luckey enough to spend 3 days there and had so many good times...the resort is a cool place, just a 5 minute walk from the beach, that offers a true "good vibe" vaccation. Theres lots of attractions like Surfboards, vollyball, good music and good company!
Rooms were clean and fully equiped with everything you need.
We will be back there on our next
trip!

Glasgow
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place might be popular with young people who are used to roughing it. I do feel slightly sorry at having to give it only one star but on sober consideration, it would be difficult to give any more. The room we were given was set between the communal area and the kitchen. The bed was comfortable enough but the two drawers in the bottom of the wardrobe were unusable because they were broken. The communal kitchen served three rooms which could accommodate 14 people and had two gas rings, a fridge and a microwave on a wobbly shelf. The toilet was next to the kitchen and had one toilet fitment in a small cupboard with no window and no ventilation, which would not pass building regulations in most countries. The single shower and wash basin in the small room next to the toilet had a bad drainage smell. The communal corridor was so narrow that cases had to be carried sideways. The place afforded no privacy and was not nice for us to stay in. Fortunately we had a car and in the 4 days of our stay visited Caesarea twice. There was also a large supermarket within easy reach with a car and a smaller one that could be reached on foot. The beach at Mikhmoret was ok apart from two large heaps of rubbish that someone had tipped there and everyone seemed to ignore. The better beach was to the south of Mikhmoret, a fair walk from the resort but easily reached by car. The one redeeming feature was that the other "campers" seemed friendly and considerate. I suppose when I booked this place I was swayed by the reviews that gave 5 stars to this hostel. I wouldn't like others to similarly misguided.

Room Tip: If you like your own space or expect reasonable standards be wary of booking up here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scotpacker

Travellers are raving about these Mikhmoret hotels

Dresden, Germany
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Dont be fooled by the professional pictures in the web. We paid 280 NIS for a double room with shared bath. The room smelled damp and was tiny. With two trolleys we weren't even able to walk around the bed anymore. Despite the tinyness of the room, it had a massive wardrobe on one side of the room. Probably to make it even more crammed. The bed was right next to the wall on one side. A quick look behind the bed confirmed that this room hadn't been properly cleaned for some time.

I don't mind sharing bathrooms with other people or staying in hostels, but for 280 NIS I expect a decently sized and clean room that is not smelling damp/mouldy.

We are definitely not staying in this room again. Better to rent one of their hammocks, smell the sea breeze, and save some serious shekels.

1 Thank thomasknauth
BuckSmith, Manager at The Resort Hostel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our room size , how ever you can see in detail the room size on the OTA ,since you ordered the most basic room we have, you can always upgrade and reserve a bigger room if you wish to have more space.
As for the cleaning problem, after reading your review I personally moved all the furniture in the room and unfortunately couldn't find any dirt.
As for your remark regarding the smell, once again I couldn't trace any trace of smell, I would suggest, since we are right next to the beach, allot of time guests are caring their wet bathing suits with them not knowing it may create bad smell.

Once again I want to thank you for taking your time , pointing us ways we can improve our self and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Israel!
Best Regards,
Marta.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great hotel, great beach, great atmosphere…the list goes on :) I stayed for 2 weeks at the resort and had great time. The guests came from all over the world, very international. Only 5mins by walk for the beautiful beach area. Room was clean and comfortable, common area was very relaxed Jacuzzi was also nice. The neighbors were nice and the village was very peaceful. The owner (Adam!!) he is very friendly and helpful. Very happy with this hotel and I would definitely stay here again if I come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fluffiel
BuckSmith, Manager at The Resort Hostel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
vot a fluff
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights in the tent section. Great spot if you're looking to spend time at the beach, as there are several within walking distance. Tents are a bit dirty, but still good compared to most hostels. The shared kitchen is one of the best we've experienced so far in 4+ months on the road. Pretty far outside of Tel Aviv, which makes it a bit inconvenient for exploring the city and getting to Jerusalem/Bethlehem. WIFI is great and the common room has TV, computer and lots of friendly people. Overall a pretty nice spot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mikhmoret
Mizpe Yam Hotel
Dan Hotels Caesaria
#1 of 2 in Caesarea
Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya
David Tower Hotel Netanya MGallery by Sofitel

Been to The Resort Hostel? Share your experiences!