“Fabulous”

Ranked #7 of 1,073 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Syrian cuisine. Oriental atmosphere. Delicious mezes and sweets in a friendly environment. Enjoy narghile in many flavors.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a simply fabulous experience at this restaurant. Arrived early, but still welcome and presented with fabulous feast. Mezze, salads and meat dishes, colourful, plentiful, tasty and healthy. By the time we left the restaurant was nearly full, attesting to it's well deserved popularity. The food was amazing, and a tiny taster plate of baklava when we mentioned being too full for a sweet course but still wishing to try one, was thoughtful. 2 out of the 3 of us had our first taste of a 'hookah', very unexpected fun. So much so that the teen purchased one from the venue producing only quibble, cannot get it to work. Would definitely recommend venue and will try to return.

1  Thank Happy T

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The shortage of good Lebanese restaurants in Larnaca (both Habibi and Abu Dany have closed recently) was the reason for us to travel to Nicosia's suburb and search for this restaurant. Couple of years ago we tried its branch in Limassol and had a very good experience. They serve tasty meze and they have honest prices. The service is good, the meze for two is abundant. The atmosphere inside is nice, the location is a bit less. The restaurant is located in one of the small streets outside of the centre, it's not that easy to find, there is no sign to lead to it, nothing to be seen around. But the food experience is worth the time spent while looking for the place. My only disappointment is that they have limited choice of puddings, i.e only muhallabia and baklava, but after all it's hardly needed after such a meal. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Nadia080
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Totally superb. So nice to eat out and get something better cooked than I can do at home I never knew tabbouleh was really supposed to have so mych parsley although I'd read it in cookery books. Falafel immensely good. Crisp on the outside biting to a tasty inside. Salad with th thew crunchy bits of pide wonderful. I couldn't stop eating it. Hone made pide too. All the better for picking up food. We ate everything. My guest had lamb chops well done. A real haven for vegetarians in Cyprus who are fed up of people asking them if they want halloumi helim. We also has Syrian coffee which is quite different to Cyprus coffee. We also had ice cream which was a bit like Turkish marash ice cream (sticky gum). And baklava which came as a mixed plate of sweets but was so sweet. They brought extra bowls and spoons with the desserts which was a nice thought because wanted to share anyway. Service great. Friendly and casual. Lots of polite goodbyes as we left. I will definitely go again. Great place to take visitors. Wonderful. Go and you will not regret it.

1  Thank kehk
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Always nice to eat at this restaurant. The staff is always friendly and happy to serve customers. The food is delicious and fresh. Love the Fatous Salad and the aubergine dip! Would definitely eat there again!

2  Thank Andrie C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I were in June 2014 in this restaurant invited by my husband's cousin. It was 4 of us and since we (my hubby and I) never tasted Syrian food, his cousin ordered every single thing from the mezze menu. In one moment, out table was full of small plates with different food.. I've tried everything, and was delighted. Fresh, tasty and not spicy at all. Since that I cannot eat meat, this type of food (different salads, mush potato with lemon and garlic, and lot of fresh spices) was the BINGO. Falafel and babaganoush is my favorite :) and their pita-bread..mmm... hot, fresh.. We were not so lucky to see a belly dancers, but never mind.. maybe some other time.
Waiters are so kind, nice, polite, and very friendly. Always around when you need them..
Would love to can come back but for sure will recommended for sure. As per my opinion, A MUST when you are in Nycosia.

1  Thank DangerBlonde