“Absolutely the best meal out on our holiday in Cyprus”

Syrian Arab Friendship Club
Ranked #9 of 1,075 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Syrian cuisine. Oriental atmosphere. Delicious mezes and sweets in a friendly environment. Enjoy narghile in many flavors.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I am feeling very pleased with myself for doing my homework and adding this restaurant to our list of places to visit during a recent trip to Cyprus. We combined our visit with a day trip to Nicosia, and arrived here for lunch. It is quite a big restaurant, but we were the only visitors at that time. By the number of place settings I imagine it gets quite busy in the evenings. The service was very welcoming and friendly, and with 3 vegetarians in our group it was very easy to choose what to eat. Basically we all shared a wonderful vegetarian mezze, and enjoyed the unusual (for us) dishes. A memorable meal for sure!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My mother in law decided to have a surprise birthday party for my father in law.  It was the first time my wife and I had gone to the Syrian Friendship Club although my mother in law had always praised it.  When we arrived I was surprised that there was ample parking in their own private parking place plus the surrounding roads, a must for Nicosia.  Upon entry, the staff were very helpful, polite and seemed to have everything under control.  We were around 30 people and without any fuss we were shown to our table and our every wish was taken care of.  Dish after dish of delicious Syrian food kept arriving, was totally surprised at the variety.  The restaurant had even arranged a birthday cake for my father in law and it was brought to him with accompanying versions Arabic and English music singing ‘happy birthday to you’.  I cannot fault the service, very professional.  My mother in law made a wonderful discovery in this restaurant and we will certainly visit them again soon.

1  Thank Dali K
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a simply fabulous experience at this restaurant. Arrived early, but still welcome and presented with fabulous feast. Mezze, salads and meat dishes, colourful, plentiful, tasty and healthy. By the time we left the restaurant was nearly full, attesting to it's well deserved popularity. The food was amazing, and a tiny taster plate of baklava when we mentioned being too full for a sweet course but still wishing to try one, was thoughtful. 2 out of the 3 of us had our first taste of a 'hookah', very unexpected fun. So much so that the teen purchased one from the venue producing only quibble, cannot get it to work. Would definitely recommend venue and will try to return.

1  Thank Happy T
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The shortage of good Lebanese restaurants in Larnaca (both Habibi and Abu Dany have closed recently) was the reason for us to travel to Nicosia's suburb and search for this restaurant. Couple of years ago we tried its branch in Limassol and had a very good experience. They serve tasty meze and they have honest prices. The service is good, the meze for two is abundant. The atmosphere inside is nice, the location is a bit less. The restaurant is located in one of the small streets outside of the centre, it's not that easy to find, there is no sign to lead to it, nothing to be seen around. But the food experience is worth the time spent while looking for the place. My only disappointment is that they have limited choice of puddings, i.e only muhallabia and baklava, but after all it's hardly needed after such a meal. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Nadia080
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Totally superb. So nice to eat out and get something better cooked than I can do at home I never knew tabbouleh was really supposed to have so mych parsley although I'd read it in cookery books. Falafel immensely good. Crisp on the outside biting to a tasty inside. Salad with th thew crunchy bits of pide wonderful. I couldn't stop eating it. Hone made pide too. All the better for picking up food. We ate everything. My guest had lamb chops well done. A real haven for vegetarians in Cyprus who are fed up of people asking them if they want halloumi helim. We also has Syrian coffee which is quite different to Cyprus coffee. We also had ice cream which was a bit like Turkish marash ice cream (sticky gum). And baklava which came as a mixed plate of sweets but was so sweet. They brought extra bowls and spoons with the desserts which was a nice thought because wanted to share anyway. Service great. Friendly and casual. Lots of polite goodbyes as we left. I will definitely go again. Great place to take visitors. Wonderful. Go and you will not regret it.

1  Thank kehk