“Excellent but v. expensive...”

Domus Lounge Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 1,029 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A chic fine dining restaurant and a chill out lounge, Domus offers you its authentic international style cuisine and friendly first class service. Domus has enhanced its original concept by renewing the ground floor bar into an innovative space suitable for many different tastes, reasons, days and hours of the dayAt Domus the goal remains the same, the highest possible level of customer satisfaction, tantalizing all the senses and to top it all up make everyone feel at home every time they come as the ‘Domus’ name implies.!
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent but v. expensive...”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent atmosphere, all details well attended, relaxing music, well presented food, great tastes.... But we had to pay €17 for literally one bunch of rocket, which costs €0,30 cent at the market. Is this respect for the customer? Do the expect us to go again? Anyway, the (€28 200gr) steak was so as soft as cream and was very tasty.

Tip: the pepper steak is very nice and soft, but so spicy that you loose touch with taste at the end. Maybe you should order the plain one otherwise remove the sauce.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank AngelaPP4
DomusLoungeBar, Owner at Domus Lounge Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our restaurant
We have read your review!! Thank you for your positive comments!!
We are always happy to listen to what our customers have to say

Regarding your comment for our Rocket Salad, we would say that your comment is exaggerated and far from reality. Our customers comments regarding our dishes sizes and ingredients are always ‘big portions and great ingredients’
Our rocket salad has crispi rocket leaves, sun dried tomatoes, warm mushrooms, parmesan flakes, pine nut, crostinis and balsamic dressing
All the best

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food served was excellent, nicely designed on the plate. The atmosphere is perfect. I went for a company dinner last June and was not disappointed! Staff are professional and always helpful. It's quite expensive but you gonna love Domus! I will definitely be back for more during the summer. My compliments to the staff, chef and management. Well done!

• Visited July 2013
Fukushima, Japan
“Very very good.”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I will never get bored of visiting this place - I have been a frequent patron a long time now and it never fails to amaze me with the quality of its dishes, cozy environment and exceptional service. One recommendation that I have though is for the menu to vary a bit more frequently so as to keep customers interested in the long-run. The prices could be a bit lower too, especially when these are compared to similar restaurants/courses. Apart from the above minor comments Domus has proved itself as one of the best dining options in Nicosia, and it will stay like this for many many more years.

• Visited May 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Fine dining in central Nicosia”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Domus is definitely in a league above most restaurants in central nicosia. We were welcomed by a friendly member of staff and led upstairs where the tables are placed in a number of small connected rooms.
Furniture is classy, trendy and comfortable. The light maybe a bit too subdued. It just enough to read the extensive menu.
Had a salmon carpaccio for a starter, followed by a pasta dish. Great food, delicately cooked. The portions are very generous, a bit too generous. No room for desert.
Service is excellent!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank eddy-010
Cyprus
“Fantastic night out at Domus”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My first impression of Domus was exactly what I was expecting when I entered the ambient styled house in the old city. We were greeted with smiles and made to feel instantly comfortable and relaxed. This was our first time here and it was a wonderful experience that both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed especially as it was his birthday. Service was excellent, food was amazing and the wine was good. The atmosphere was relaxed and romantic which we both loved. I recommend it for your special someone. I will definitely be back for more during the summer.

• Visited May 2014