“A Good Hotel”
Review of Royiatiko Hotel

Royiatiko Hotel
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed for one night at the Royiatiko Hotel while visiting Nicosia when holidaying in Cyprus. To find the hotel by car you do need a good street map and luck. There are a lot of one way streets.The hotel's car parking is a bit of space land hidden away down a narrow street. The hotel is nicely placed close to the old town and shopping area. Inside the reception,bar/resturant areas are nice and cool air conditioned and nicely furnished.The staff were friendly and helpful. They do have a problem with unwanted pigeons around the pool area which will need to sorted some how.

Room Tip: The room we had was a good size & well furnished. There was no nearby socket to plug the kettle...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
1  Thank powerplasticsman

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at Royatiko from 15 to 20 April.
I enjoyed very much.
The staff was nice (my regards to the Mr. who stayed at the lobby during the night period - He is very nice), The breakfast was very good too.
The room was amazing.

I stongly recommend it.

Géraldine

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Gpsilva
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed at thr Royiatiko for two weeks in march on business, I found it to be a very good hotel and very close to every thing by foot.
The staff are very helpful and nothing is to much trouble,the hotel is kept very clean both inside and out, the pool and a well equipt gym are the icing on the cake.
I was very dissapointed when I had to extend my stay and they had no vacancies.
I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank AndyKDerby
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Well, we really enjoyed the hotel, unlike some of the other reviewers. Very clean, friendly, modern, free internet etc. Was a bit of a mission finding the place without satnav but free parking 20 metres away (ask for ticket at reception). We thought breakfast was good, bread, jams, meats, cheeses, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit etc. All the shops and restaurants are on the doorstep and Nicosia's a very interesting place for strolling around. Really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve028
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We stayed in the hotel with my husband when we visited the island for a conference. The hotel offers all the advantages of a brand new establishment. The materials used are in excellent condition.
Moreover, it is very close to down town which is very convenient. On the other hand there may be some noise if the room is on the front side. If one is noise sensitive, should definitely avoid the rooms overseeing the swimming pool (rear side) as there is the breakfast / coffee area with a t.v. This enclosed yard, unfortunately functions as a speaker, intensifying all noises. The rooms are small, as it is customary with the new hotels nowadays. Considering the size of the bedrooms, the bathrooms are spacious which is an advantage. The breakfast is basic. (Holidays' Inn offers a superior buffet, but two years ago the rooms were in bad condition with 1980s pieces). There are too many textiles used in the window drapery, and too many pillows on the bed, -one is not sure what to do with them or where to place them, in order to sleep on the bed-, but then again I guess this 19th century victorian custom, is our society's proof of luxury. Fortunately there is no carpet on the floor, a situation which balances the dust that is obviously accumulated on the heavy draperies.
We would not have been bothered with all the above since we love Nicosia a great deal(we placed the pillows in the wardrobe and left our clothes in the luggage) and we enjoy visiting. Under normal circumstances our interaction with the staff would have been indifferent. Nothing exceptional.
However, early in the morning the day we were scheduled to leave, a colleague stopped by and left for us a parcel. The receptionist forgot to inform us about it. We left without he parcel and I only found out about it when, upon my return to my desk in Greece, I found an e-mail from my colleague with questions about the material. I called the manager and complained. I do not remember whether she actually did apologize or not because even if she typically used the words "we are sorry" I was infuriated by the tone of her voice which was shockingly rude. The manager tried to stop my complaints by accusing me that I make a big deal of the case and such things happen and should be expected (If I could only tell that to my clients!). Ok! so far so good, I could live with this mishappening. I requested the parcel to be shipped to me. I do not know what shipping and mailing system they used, yet ten days later I still have not received it. The manager does not return my calls and a receptionist replied that it must have been lost in the mail. Even if I were to accept that mistakes happen they should have tried to put an end to their mistakes, they could have at least used a reliable courier, even if that means they would have to pay for it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Vasiliki189473
Reviewed 26 October 2010

On July 2010, we booked through "booking.com", 2 rooms for September 2010 for three nights, but when we arrived at the hotel Royiatiko, they told us that no rooms were available because the agency "booking.com" did not informed them about our booking. Please note that the next morning the management of the hotel informed the agency of "not shown". They were spelling rediculus causes with no excuse or explanation.
Our opinion is that both firms are not reliable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophia052
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I was excited reading the reviews left about the Royiatiko Hotel. The bedrooms are small, but very modern and kept very clean. The bar staff are really lovely and friend. I was disgusted when we used the outside facilites, the swimming pool is very small, it looks big on their advertisement. It is constantly surrounded by pigeons and if you want to have a swim, you will have to push the odd feather out of the road as well as not put your feet down in the pool in case you walk on birds crap. Not impressed.
For sunbathers, the pool area only gets full sunshine from 12.30pm-5pm, it has no sun up until then due to high rised buildings.

When you want to see the manager, she is always too busy.

The gym has no air-con, so if you are planning a work out, forget it.

I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple