“Comfy hotel, great location”
Review of Royiatiko Hotel

Royiatiko Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Nicosia
Los Angeles
“Comfy hotel, great location”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Royiatiko Hotel is a great option for those who want a comfortable hotel right in the middle of the old town. The main pedestrian mall is one block away, and the border crossing is about a 5 min walk away along the pedestrian mall. Once we found the hotel (the directions on the hotel's website are extremely complicated and we got lost on the way), we were able to see all the sights on foot.

The hotel itself feels new and is comfortable, despite having rooms on the smaller side (though the mini fridge was a plus). It is on a fairly quiet corner, and we were not disturbed by any noises at night. There is a small but really nice pool just behind the lobby and bar/restaurant, which is great for hanging out day or night (with the free wifi). The bar/breakfast service was excellent and friendly.

A few minor nits: Very hard to find (lots of one way streets). Parking is a block away (down a one way street) in an unguarded lot. No doorman. Wired internet in the room never worked. Stairhall light timer is manual, so be careful in the dark!

But these are minor complaints, and we enjoyed our stay very much,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank xbl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Israel
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed one night in the Royiatiko hotel and am happy I didn't stay
longer. The hotel is located in a run down, seedy part of downtown. All
night long I heard cars drive by with their stereo blaring Greek music.
Checkin area is not air-conditioned; they have a floor fan to cool that
area. That should have tipped me off. The room has paper thin walls. I
was located 4 rooms down from the elevator yet everytime it pinged to my
floor, I heard it as if it opened its doors in my room. Noise is not
muffled since the floors are not carpetted, not in the hallway and not
in the room. The minibar is empty. If you want a drink you have to bring
it with you or go to the bar. The furniture is early-neo-Euro-trash -
everything is leather bordered from the bed, to the mirror frame. There
is not a single printed item in the room. No brochures. No tourist books
of what to do. The more I think about it, I should have asked for the
hourly rate.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hankn
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed for one night at the Royiatiko Hotel while visiting Nicosia when holidaying in Cyprus. To find the hotel by car you do need a good street map and luck. There are a lot of one way streets.The hotel's car parking is a bit of space land hidden away down a narrow street. The hotel is nicely placed close to the old town and shopping area. Inside the reception,bar/resturant areas are nice and cool air conditioned and nicely furnished.The staff were friendly and helpful. They do have a problem with unwanted pigeons around the pool area which will need to sorted some how.

Room Tip: The room we had was a good size & well furnished. There was no nearby socket to plug the kettle...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

1 Thank powerplasticsman
Leiria, Portugal
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at Royatiko from 15 to 20 April.
I enjoyed very much.
The staff was nice (my regards to the Mr. who stayed at the lobby during the night period - He is very nice), The breakfast was very good too.
The room was amazing.

I stongly recommend it.

Géraldine

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Gpsilva
Derby
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed at thr Royiatiko for two weeks in march on business, I found it to be a very good hotel and very close to every thing by foot.
The staff are very helpful and nothing is to much trouble,the hotel is kept very clean both inside and out, the pool and a well equipt gym are the icing on the cake.
I was very dissapointed when I had to extend my stay and they had no vacancies.
I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank AndyKDerby
England
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Well, we really enjoyed the hotel, unlike some of the other reviewers. Very clean, friendly, modern, free internet etc. Was a bit of a mission finding the place without satnav but free parking 20 metres away (ask for ticket at reception). We thought breakfast was good, bread, jams, meats, cheeses, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit etc. All the shops and restaurants are on the doorstep and Nicosia's a very interesting place for strolling around. Really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steve028
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We stayed in the hotel with my husband when we visited the island for a conference. The hotel offers all the advantages of a brand new establishment. The materials used are in excellent condition.
Moreover, it is very close to down town which is very convenient. On the other hand there may be some noise if the room is on the front side. If one is noise sensitive, should definitely avoid the rooms overseeing the swimming pool (rear side) as there is the breakfast / coffee area with a t.v. This enclosed yard, unfortunately functions as a speaker, intensifying all noises. The rooms are small, as it is customary with the new hotels nowadays. Considering the size of the bedrooms, the bathrooms are spacious which is an advantage. The breakfast is basic. (Holidays' Inn offers a superior buffet, but two years ago the rooms were in bad condition with 1980s pieces). There are too many textiles used in the window drapery, and too many pillows on the bed, -one is not sure what to do with them or where to place them, in order to sleep on the bed-, but then again I guess this 19th century victorian custom, is our society's proof of luxury. Fortunately there is no carpet on the floor, a situation which balances the dust that is obviously accumulated on the heavy draperies.
We would not have been bothered with all the above since we love Nicosia a great deal(we placed the pillows in the wardrobe and left our clothes in the luggage) and we enjoy visiting. Under normal circumstances our interaction with the staff would have been indifferent. Nothing exceptional.
However, early in the morning the day we were scheduled to leave, a colleague stopped by and left for us a parcel. The receptionist forgot to inform us about it. We left without he parcel and I only found out about it when, upon my return to my desk in Greece, I found an e-mail from my colleague with questions about the material. I called the manager and complained. I do not remember whether she actually did apologize or not because even if she typically used the words "we are sorry" I was infuriated by the tone of her voice which was shockingly rude. The manager tried to stop my complaints by accusing me that I make a big deal of the case and such things happen and should be expected (If I could only tell that to my clients!). Ok! so far so good, I could live with this mishappening. I requested the parcel to be shipped to me. I do not know what shipping and mailing system they used, yet ten days later I still have not received it. The manager does not return my calls and a receptionist replied that it must have been lost in the mail. Even if I were to accept that mistakes happen they should have tried to put an end to their mistakes, they could have at least used a reliable courier, even if that means they would have to pay for it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business