“Great Food / A bit Overpriced”
Review of Kathodon

Kathodon
Ranked #9 of 1,015 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With my arrival in the beautiful Island Cyprus many years ago, I carried with me a dream, to create an authentic and traditional Greek tavern that would focus on the flavours of ingloriously lost homeland of Asia Minor. I started out in difficult years surrounded with dark and desolation affected by the visible effects of the invasion and occupation! Slowly and with much love and hard work my tavern had began to acquire life and took strength from the preference and confidence you had in us. I came up with the name of the tavern after much thought. The idea of a 'commercial' name didn’t inspire me at all so I decided to call it “Kathodon” which means “En Route”. “En Route” to the way of freedom. Kathodon survived, strengthened and progressed throughout the years and is now here after 13 years stronger, filled with love, commitment to tradition and quality that was always our aim. We continue always with respect to our customer-friend! I would like to point out where it says somewhere in our menu, “We do not serve hasty and nervous people”. This means that food is prepared fresh once you have ordered and some extra time may be required. We are sure there is no restaurant in the world that does not sometimes make a mistake and if this happens to us we will make sure that we will do everything in our power to make it up to you in the best possible way. Our promise for the future is to continue enriching our menu with forgotten traditional flavours that will take you on a journey leaving a sweet taste lingering in your mouth.. These are a few words about the history of “Kathodon”, we wish you all “bon appetite” and may you all have a pleasant time.
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Great Food / A bit Overpriced”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's one of our favorite places to eat in old Nicosia. It's a great place but a bit overpriced, keeping in mind the current financial situation.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kypros V
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your good words our friend. We would love if you could visit again and if you do , you can call for me and let me know what you think it is overpriced and what not as we like to leave our customers as happy as possible when they leave.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
“FOOD AND MUSIC”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good restaurant that kept its reputation for many years as it has its own unique character, combines both food and good music.

• Visited February 2014
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We thank you for your comment and we will try to do our best for as many more years as possible for you , our dear customers

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Nice location but Overpriced”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It used to be one of my favourites for Greek/local food. Over time it has become slack on service, food is OK, bit on the greasy side but grilled choices are still good. My main complaint is that it is overpriced for what you are getting. When a place becomes popular with tourist they seem to think that there standards can come down. Its a nice location, just watch the world go by, I would still go for a drink but with a wider choice of places to eat its not on the top of my list.

• Visited July 2013
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
With all my respect i think that you are wrong as far as goes with our prices. Our portions is between 7 - 12 ( fresh fish grilled ). I dont think that this is considered pricy without wanting to compare with other restaurants that it's not my style. The thing that im positive with for our restaurant is that we combine quality ( you can ask our suppliers for our quality of our ingredients ) and we always try our best as far as it goes for service and the cooking. Our restaurant is not fast food so you can choose a food for the price of 3 euros or so. Anyway thank you for visiting us and we hope that the next time we can satisfy you in generall but for sure our prices can't go any lower that they are now and we think they are logical.

Regards Sakis.
Yateley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic local food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recommended by a friend, we tried this restaurant and were not disappointed. Excellent choice of authentic local dishes, good sized portions, attentive staff, unobtrusive live music, reasonable prices, a first class restaurant experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David J
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your good comments our friend and we would love to enjoy your company again whenever you want.

“KEEPS QUALITY OF FOOD”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We will continue visiting the place as the food is always amazing ! Delicious Cyprus & Greek plates, really authentic and tasty food, in a very pleasant atmosphere with Harris and his quitar in Greek live music. Try spagetti with shrimps, fried cuttlefish, kleftiko, or take the meze, too much food but worthwhile.Good service and reasonable prices. Sakis the owner friendly and polite as always. Highly reccomended !!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Athina T
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your good comments dear friend and customer. Next time you come call for me personally and we will chat again as it seems we have talked before.