“Mezze Excellence”

Kathodon
Ranked #9 of 1,056 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$17 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With my arrival in the beautiful Island Cyprus many years ago, I carried with me a dream, to create an authentic and traditional Greek tavern that would focus on the flavours of ingloriously lost homeland of Asia Minor. I started out in difficult years surrounded with dark and desolation affected by the visible effects of the invasion and occupation! Slowly and with much love and hard work my tavern had began to acquire life and took strength from the preference and confidence you had in us. I came up with the name of the tavern after much thought. The idea of a 'commercial' name didn’t inspire me at all so I decided to call it “Kathodon” which means “En Route”. “En Route” to the way of freedom. Kathodon survived, strengthened and progressed throughout the years and is now here after 13 years stronger, filled with love, commitment to tradition and quality that was always our aim. We continue always with respect to our customer-friend! I would like to point out where it says somewhere in our menu, “We do not serve hasty and nervous people”. This means that food is prepared fresh once you have ordered and some extra time may be required. We are sure there is no restaurant in the world that does not sometimes make a mistake and if this happens to us we will make sure that we will do everything in our power to make it up to you in the best possible way. Our promise for the future is to continue enriching our menu with forgotten traditional flavours that will take you on a journey leaving a sweet taste lingering in your mouth.. These are a few words about the history of “Kathodon”, we wish you all “bon appetite” and may you all have a pleasant time.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family and I had agreed to meet from both sides of the island in central Nicosia for a chat and a catch up over a meal. We walked around looking for somewhere less on the beaten track on the assumption that such an eatery might be 'better'. However we quickly learned that on a Sunday at 17:00, lots of places were either closed, or not open yet, In the end we sat down at Kathodon, which is about as close to the border crossing on the Main Street as it is possible to get. With a sense of 'could we have done better' we sat outside, and were engaged in a very friendly way by the staff. The four of us agreed on a fish mezze and a meat mezze and we discovered that our choice was the gift that just keeps on giving. The quality of the food and dips that arrived on a seemingly never ending basis was amazing and we left the place waddling, rather than walking! The toilets inside we're the cleanest I have ever experienced in an eatery of this sort and the menu is humorously written. We'd all definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Service was nice, portions were good, pricing fair.
The food quality was very good.
A typical Greek tavern that respects its customers.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent food & flavor so delicious , service specialy with Elias I advice to visit it's great restaurant

Reviewed 27 July 2014

a typical friendly Mediterranean atmosphere in the middle of Nicosia. The decor of the restaurant sets the scene, the people who run the place are just lovely, friendly and so helpful. There was live Greek music when we were there. We asked for meze... and the food kept coming and coming and coming - until we told them to stop cos we could not have anymore. it was all amazingly good. it was a fantastic night, and the highlight of my visit to the city

KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear customer we thank you for your good review, we always try our best & respecting our customers.

Regards Sakis

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The food is not something special i mean for the prices the food is not so good very expensive the only i like much is the fetta with susame

1  Thank mcyp2014
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

First of all thank you beacuse you visited our reastaurant. Always we respect every opinion and always your reviews makes us better. The friend that visited our restaurant tells us that we are expensive... The only thing i have to say is that our dishes is from 7 - 12 ( fish ). Our drinks are on an average price and i think that our prices , service and quality are in high standards. I can accept everything but that the fact that we are expensive im sorry but i cannot accept it. I hope that the next time that you will visit our restaurant you can call on me personally so i can give you the best expierience possible.

Regards Sakis.