“i really liked this hotel”
Review of Hilton Cyprus

Hilton Cyprus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was great to smell the orange trees (in bloom) as I entered. The rooms were very nice, as was the lobby. The hotel breakfast was INCREDIBLY good. I would definitely recommend the buffet. In short, I really liked the hote.

1  Thank Anthony B
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We were very happy to see that your stay at the Hilton Cyprus, was a most enjoyable one and we look forward to welcoming you back again, in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is very comfortable for a business traveller, staff are professional & prompt in providing all support needed. Hotel location is excellent both for business visitors & those who have time for visiting some touristic sites.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We are very pleased to hear that your stay at the Hilton Cyprus, was a comfortable and enjoyable one, which met your high expectations.

Thank you for your most positive feedback and are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, upon your return.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Booked the Hilton for my Myself, Wife and daughter.
Thought that being the most expensive in Nicosia it would be the best.
On arrival found the car park small and full, difficult to park in the Hotel which is the place you want to park as you are staying there but after going around and around finally found a spot.
The Hotel itself very beautiful inside with shops to buy things if you care to spend a fortune.
The reception staff very friendly, polite.
The room ummm well small would be good description to start with, appears the hotel is not geared up for family rooms unless i am wrong, my wife and i had a Double bed and my daughter had a put up bed shoved against the window and balcony door.
Our bed was very poor standard i have stayed in alot of hotels and only just started writting reviews but the bed was slightly banana shape and not flat, cannot count how many hotels i have stayed in but this was third in the worse catagory. the worse being the Thurrock M25 Travellodge in London.
I did not sleep good but my wife said it was ok, my daughter said the put up bed was uncomfortable.
My next review will be the Quality Plymouth International New Zealand where i can say the room slighty but only just bigger with a lovely double and single bed same layout as the Hilton but totaly different catagory.
In short the beds not so good the furniture not as would be expected of Hilton. trying to look classy but ive seen better.
We ate in the Restauraunt, My wife and i had fillet the daughter something else the food was beautiful and the service by our waiter very good, find it a bit hard to swallow that the food cooked and prepared so well, time and effort was below 100 Euros but the bottle of Moet we had avilable in the food market at 38 Euros was sold for 140 i am not tight by far but crazy money.
So as of the other descriptions yes nice hotel food good staff, lovely.
People be aware that you are paying for the name there are better hotels out there.
I mentioned this the the staff as we left, the young girl apologised not that it was her fault and like a tape recording when we said goodbye she said hope to see you again, i laughed bless her.
So would we stay again, not sure maybe not this hilton not so good have stayed in better Hilton hotels, but if you want to show off go ahead.

Room Tip: Go and look.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your most constructive review and we were sorry to see that we did not meet all your expectations.

With reference to the comfort of the bed, if this is not entirely to your satisfaction a 'soft mattress' can be provided upon request and placed on top of the existing one.

Admittedly, our prices are somewhat higher than Europe in general, however, we do try to keep them as competitive as possible and in line with other 5* hotels on the island.

Your comments will be reviewed by our Executive Team, to improve our guest's experience as we always strive to improve our product and our guests’ satisfaction.

Nevertheless, we were pleased to see that the hotel, food and team members met with your general approval.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel was fantastic. All staff were very helpful and friendly and could not do enough if you did need any assistance. The breakfast was one of the very best that I have ever had in a hotel, the variety was amazing. The restaurant food was also really good, one night I ordered room service which arrived promptly. The gym is clean with good facilities. When I return to Cyprus I will most certainly look to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

It is our pleasure to be of service and we thank you for your most constructive feedback, which is much appreciated.

We were very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Cyprus and that everything was to your complete satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, upon your return.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent is the word that can describe my total experience in Hilton Cyprus....And it is not the 1st time I' ve been there and surely not the last. The staff and management behavior is worth mentioned as well as the facilities. The breakfast is always excellent and the waiters extremely gentle and carrying

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are very proud to hear that you hold the Hilton Cyprus, in such high regard.

It is always very gratifying to get a good review and especially so, when it is from a regular guest, who is satisfied with their stay, time after time.

Thank you for your most positive comments and we look forward to being of service again, soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

"Living" in a hotel can be terribly booring - one month and counting for my case. But the staff of Hilton Cyprus have made my stay much more bearable. Claire Sirrieh, of Business Development, has really been helpful. Alexis Aravis and even the General Manager Marwan Ragheb have all helped me in some of my very exceptional requests or needs. Staff at Hilton have assisted me in very small issues like billing corrections to big issues like receiving parcels. Receptionists, room attendants, door men - all wear a smile all day - a quite difficult thing. When I complained about need to change room, it was done for my 2nd visit; when one of the bulbs went off, I got a visit from head of housekeeping; when I complained to have iron box changed, I got not only a newer iron box but also ironing board. I am still staying in the hotel and may end up spending upwards of 3 months but with such human touch, genuine smiles and great attention, I believe I will be comfortable and feel homely.

I'd greatly recommend this hotel if staying in Nicosia; it is not only the best in the city but also close to Nicosia old town, Mall of Cyprus and many other key areas. Parking is free for those driving, taxis immediately available.
S. Kiptoo Ng'eno

Room Tip: Choose room facing swimming pool as more quiet has better view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us, which is truly appreciated.

We are very happy to see that all our team members were able to assist and resolve any day-to-day issues that arose. It is always very gratifying to hear that our guests are made to feel so welcome and ‘at home’ and in all honesty, Cypriot hospitality is inherent in the culture which makes us all very proud to be part of the team.

Wishing you a most comfortable and enjoyable stay, for as long as we are needed to be of service.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We decided to spend our Christmas at Hilton in Nicosia.
Our choice was mostly defined by the dogs we brought with us.
When booking online, their website had an option: with or with pets.
Later on I canceled my reservation and a friend of ours who was also coming with us made another reservation to qualify for a good deal, the deal I had missed when placing my reservation. So then my friend called the hotel, the receptionist was not sure if the dogs were allowed, to us it sounded a bit misleading (as spending Christmas with our dogs was our priority). at the end the receptionist checked with the manager and they confirmed that the dogs were allowed for some extra charges (50 EUR per day), (although our young Yorkshire Terrier ladies), are very tidy, tiny, cute and clean) fair enough!
When we arrived and went to our rooms, we soon discovered we were in a part of the hotel which lacked the amenities corresponding with its five star rating. It was obvious that the rooms had not been remodeled for quite some time. This observation of ours does not necessarily describe the whole hotel but our rooms; as we then assumed we were given those rooms because of our dogs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.The food was great, really great!
The Christmas dinner was also good, we expected it to be much more festive though. ( I do not want to sound like a spoiled brat, but we still expected the Christmas dinner to be a bit more festive even though there was a financial crisis).
We really had a good time and hoping in the future the Hilton Hotel in Nicosia will provide much more modern room to the dog owner.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the house made muffins were some of the finest pastries that we had ever eaten. You could tell that the muffins were made with love.
The end of our story!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank theArizonaClub
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your most constructive review. We are pleased to see that your stay at our hotel,was to your general satisfaction and that you had a good time overall, together with your Yorkies.

The hotel was upgraded in many key areas during the year 2011 and completed in 2012, with the guest rooms undergoing a general refreshment. As you can appreciate, funds available were limited and furnishings were put in plan for the future. Regretfully, the detrimental financial climate now being faced, was not in plan.

We have passed on your feedback to our Chef, as well as the compliments regarding the muffins.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton Cyprus, some time soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nicosia
Hilton Park Nicosia
#5 of 26 in Nicosia
The Classic Hotel
The Classic Hotel
#6 of 26 in Nicosia

Been to Hilton Cyprus? Share your experiences!