“Great hospitality, perfect position.”

Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This hotel is very close to Ledra St., where all the cafes and shops are situated, and this is a plus, if you are going to Nicosia as a tourist.
Moreover, it is opposite the bus station, which means that as a tourist one can move around very easily to other parts of the island. There is also a mini market next to the hotel, which is a plus, anyway.
At the front desk, everyone we met was kind and helpful, they even served us drinks, late at night, after a wonderful wedding reception we had over there.
The food is excellent, and the breakfast buffet was full and had almost anything one could ask for. Eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled cheese, fresh yogurt etc.
I only missed a good cup of strong coffee in the morning.They had a machine preparing beverages instead, which did not satisfy me 100%.
As to the rooms they were recently renovated, the bathroom as well. The linen and pillows were perfect. My only remark, as other reviewers agree, would be about the corridors. They need a renovation indeed.
Other visitors from our group, had a leaking problem on the sixth floor, but they were kindly offered a room upgrade. On that day it had been raining heavily for 3 hours...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I had to be in Nicosia for four days on a business trip, and thought that since the Holiday Inn is in the city centre and is a recognised brand, that it would be a decent choice of hotel.
When I arrived, it was 25 degrees outside and I was glad to be getting indoors where I assumed it would be cooler... It wasn't... There seemed to be no air conditioning in the lobby, which surprised me, but I just thought that I'd get up to my room as quick as I could where it would be cooler.
In general, the lobby looked quite nice, but there were signs that the hotel was really skimping on the spending like peeling paint and stained ceilings, not something I would have expected in a 4* hotel.
I asked the concierge guy where the car park was and he told me 'there's a pay and display car park across the road'... (Bear in mind that if you are on holiday and don't fancy being awake early enough to be across the road paying for parking every morning at 9 am, this is not the hotel for you).
When I finally got away from the unfriendly guy at reception trying to sell me breakfast at 5pm, I walked over to the pair of lifts. One wasn't working, and remained that way for my entire stay. (I ended up using the stairs after the first day, because I was waiting around so much).
Anyway, I got into the ancient lift to go up to the second floor. The lift is tiny and very very slow. When I stepped out of the lift I thought it must have been a time machine, the carpet on the upstairs floors looks like it's been there since the 70s.
When I got into the room it was dark and extremely hot, I quickly looked around for the light switches and air conditioning. When I turned the air conditioning on, it just started blowing out room temperature air. I phoned down to reception to ask why, and they said it was because the central air conditioning and heating had not been turned on yet, and the best they could offer was a portable fan. When they brought the fan up I tried to set it up I front of the window, so at least it would be blowing some fresh air into the room, but none of the sockets anywhere near the window worked, so it just ended up blowing hot air around.
The room itself was pretty nice, aside from some dated furniture. The fridge was tiny and not very cold. The safe was ancient and quite loose, so not very confidence inspiring... The TV didn't work properly, and the shower had no power at all - the water virtually fell out of the antique shower head. The fact that the shower had so little power, meant you had to stand right underneath it, in the plug hole, not very comfortable. The bath was cramped too.
The bedding was ripped in at least two places.
The swimming pool is a lot small than it looks in the pictures and doesn't seem like a guest pool, it's just full of creepy pensioners who just come to the hotel to sit in the pool and stare at people.
All in all, the worst hotel I've ever been to.
Would never consider going back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pinik123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Pinik123,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We sincerely regret that this visit was a disappointment for you especially with the condition of the room you were given and maintenance levels on site being sub par. I appreciate you bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you so much for your time in reviewing our property and my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings experienced.

Regards,

Pam G.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was a bit worried after reading previous reviews but was very much surprised with my comfortable renovated room with nice view. Staff was helpful. Location perfect. I had a delicious dinner at the roof restaurant and would recommend it to every traveller to nicosia.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elfriede h
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed at Holiday In at Nicosia for five nights. We had booked a superior room and was given a large king size bed on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel after requested a quiet room.
Now the good things about hotel:
Clean, large room. Big king size bed with one big duvet cover and not two single as in most hotels. Pilows and bed very comfortable.
Reception and cleaning staff very helpfull.
Breakfast with plenty of choices and fresh fruits.
Very Good location (in center)

Now things that need to be improved:
No coffee / tea making facilities in room as stated.
No sleepers or bathropes as stated (after request they brought us)
Coffee from a machine at breakfast.
Towels not clean and some with holes.
No toilet brush in bathroom.
Bathtup rusty with some mold on the corners.
No hotel parking place (you can leave the car at the puplic parking place and pay by hour)
There is a 4EU charge for room service.
Mini bar and in room order food quite expensive.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back. It is more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Emily6,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. It's nice to hear that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and have enjoyed our breakfast. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations specifically with the room and it's amenities. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Situated opposite the bus station with large car park ( 5 euros per day). We stayed on the 5th floor and although a very basic room, very large. There was a small balcony overlooking the city, with a small table and two chairs. If you suffer from heights beware!Tea and coffee facilities in the room.
The bathroom was in need of refurbishment with a rusty bath and shower hose and some mould around the bath. However the sheets and towels were clean and water hot.
Breakfast buffet was mixed with not very nice scrambled eggs but reasonable coffee from a machine. It would have helped to have someone check that food was not running out as both mornings ourselves and other guests had to ask for fried eggs, bacon and bread. The cold meats and cheese were perfectly adequate.
Generally a well placed hotel for seeing Nicosia and reasonable value for the money but do not expect luxury.
Indoor pool and treatments a bonus.

Room Tip: We had a 5th floor room overlooking the car park. This was sunny with good views but slight noise fr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Cypruslyn,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment regarding the view.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition and the breakfast selection which is unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn from Jan 17th to the 19th.
First, I was placed in room 401, and as I was about to get into bed, I found HAIR, various lengths of hair. I called room service and they sent a bellboy to give me keys to a new room, since it was 10:30 p.m. and no one was available to change bed sheets.
So, I was secondly placed in room 158, where I also found HAIR in the bed. I called again and this time the manager came upstairs to see for herself, and she saw it: various lengths and shapes of hair. She told me it was from the laundry. And again I was led to a new room: 153.
The manager and I inspected the bed sheets and this time there was no hair. However, as she was leaving I noticed that the bathroom was noisy. Apparently the toilet was leaking. Again, they couldn't send anyone to fix it because it was now 11 p.m.
For breakfast, even though, it is mentioned in the menu that breakfast is served until 10:15 a.m., the waiters started packing the buffet at 10:05, without giving notice to any of the guests! They just started clearing everything.
This hotel was the worst service, the worst rooms, the dirtiest I've seen.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Reem848
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Reem848,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm glad your concerns with your room accommodation were addressed during your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to this concern and the breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C

Reviewed 20 January 2013

prices are ok but need renovation urgently
no flat screen, old bathroom.)
happily location is one of the best of the city, you can go by walking almost everywhere.
Executive floor is on first floor and dont give a real upgrade to your stay. Choose a classic room at 2nd or 3rd floor at least
Excellent points are, the bed: very good quality and spa with indoor swimming pool : unexcpected and very distressful
Be carefull internet is supposed to be free but can be bill at the end of your stay, Take a screenshot of hotel website before your stay for avoiding any dispute

Room Tip: no executive floor, prefer 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nicosia City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Mykosher,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that you liked our beds and our location.

However, I would like to apologize if you didn't find our hotel to your liking and if some amenities fell below your standards. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

Dhan M