“Business apartment close to the city walls - great value for money.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cleopatra Hotel

Cleopatra Hotel
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
London, United Kingdom
“Business apartment close to the city walls - great value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 weeks in the Cleopatra business apartment. You have all the service of the hotel for a very good price. The apartment is basic but kept very clean. Good AC. Nice pool with attentive service. Restaurant is fine for dining al fresco. Staff is great. The manager got me into a next door gym when their own closed for the summer.
Location is just outside the city walls.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was at Cyprus on a business trip.
The hotel is nice and centrally located, near the old town. About 10 minutes walking distance to the old town.
The staff was nice and friendly enough.
Breakfast had an interesting buffet, with a selection of international and local flavors.

My main reasons for the average review are the room sizes and the pool situation, especially the access problem (have to walk the street to get back!) and the limited access times. In essence the pool was closed for me since I got back to the hotel at 19.00 to 19.30 and the pool operates the evenings as a restaurant….

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Theo S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The receptionist was very helpful and gave us a good rate. The rooms were revamped and very clean. We stayed for one night so never got to see the pool area. The breakfast was very good with a wide selection to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are happy to know that you enjoyed a good stay at our Hotel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on business locally. Paid 95 euro b&b. It is a tired hotel with decor from the 70's. That said I wasn't there on holiday. I got free wifi with s good band width breakfast was average Tyne pool bar served a really I've child draught beer which was welcome age a busy bays work. beds small and hard, par for three course, TV cnn in English but not much more.
Close to Ledra Street which is 2 pedestrian streets which lead up to three Turkish occupied North. You can cross over and take a look just take your passport. Is all very serious! You'll get half price beers and plenty of forged goods, don't buy them! All in all fine for business but I got out at three weekend and headed for three coast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Close to some very nice shops and restaurants and not too far from the bus station.
My room was quite small and one of the few without a balcony, however I wasnt there long so didn't mind too much. The room looked as if it had been refurbished as everything look new so was quite pleasant. The A/C was quiet and efficient.
The dining area near the pool served a varied menu and the food very nice.
Breakfast was included, not a great deal of choice but good enough to start the day.
I found all the staff to be very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for the comments. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the possibility of having you again with us in the future.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel advertises itself as a four star hotel; I couldn't disagree more. My overall impression was that guests' needs come after the needs of the hotel staff. I will give some examples:
1. I asked for an iron to be delivered to my room on a Sunday evening at 6 PM. The front desk told me that the part of the hotel that could deliver an is closed and I will have to wait till 7 AM the next day to get an iron. This is an iron-not a masseuse, not a neurosurgeon to treat my migraine- an iron!!
2. The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool. Unfortunately, the pool is only open from 10 AM till 6 PM. In addition, In order to get to the pool, you have to walk through many different corridors of the hotel-there is no lift to the pool. When you exit the pool you cannot go back into the hotel. You must instead go on the street, walk a bit, and then enter back to the hotel's main entrance. You better have a towel to dry off because otherwise you're walking in your bathing suit on the streets of Nicosia.
3. The Cleopatra Hotel has a very nice gym. They apparently offer gym memberships for residents of Nicosia. As a hotel guest, you're permitted to use the gym. The hours of the gym on the weekends end at 6 PM. They advertise themselves as a four star hotel, but I don't believe closing the gym at 6 PM on the weekend is really four star treatment.
4. Almost every hotel that I've ever stayed and has a nicely bound guestbook which explains all of the policies of the hotel. There is no guestbook at the Cleopatra Hotel. Instead they have several xerox copies of the various policies that they have in place at the hotel. This seems rather unprofessional.
5. Referring back to #4, the list of rules for the pool alone, for example, is 30 items long. The warning prohibiting topless sunbathing is mentioned twice-I guess they had a problem with this. My favorite rule,however, is # 11- "spitting or throwing garbage inside and outside the pool is prohibited"
6. The Internet sign in & password were not offered on arrival. Having to call the front desk after realizing the password was not supplied was less than 4 star customer service.

To prove that I am not a totally negative reviewer, I must mention that the breakfast is quite good with lots of variety. The Internet is fairly fast. The pool is excellent as long as you arrive between 10 and 6 PM. Ditto on the gym. The location of the hotel is quite good and I am told that each room has its own balcony.

In conclusion, this hotel really needs to step up its game and train its staff on customer service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rangyhulu
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Sir/ Madame,
Thank you for your sincere feedback. In regards to the ironing service it is available until 6pm in a separate room for safety purposes as indicated on our tent card in the bedrooms, however in urgent circumstances we can offer the service after 6pm. The swimming pool closes at 6pm due to operation of the restaurant but Hotel customers are allowed to use it afterwards until 8pm, however there is no lifeguard at that time. Hotel customers are provided for free with Swimming Pool towels and the customer can go back to their rooms using the same exit they used for visiting the Swimming Pool. Our policies are indicated in the information package and announcements included in the Bedrooms and are kindly explained by our Reception Staff when asked. The Swimming Pool Rules are for our customer’s Safety.The Internet sign in and password are offered on arrival.

We apologise for any inconsistencies which you have encountered during your stay. We are also happy to see that you were pleased with the majority of the services offered by the Hotel. We will take your comments into consideration.

Travellers are raving about these Nicosia hotels

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I liked the location and i was very happy with the staff.They greeted me once I arrived and helped me with my luggage.The room was big and very clean.I was given a double bed which was comfortable.The furniture was nice and looked new.The bar was a lovely place for eating and socializing.The barman was very friendly,explaining me the places to visit in Nicosia.Breakfast had everything I wanted and the staff mode me feel very welcome.This is a nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to the possibility of having you with us again.