“Excellent hotel, central location”
Review of The Classic Hotel

The Classic Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, central location”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Clean, comfortable, with attentive service. The business centre could be located somewhere more spacious and discreet so people who need to work from a laptop could fit in without having annoying children on youtube creating a mess. I also feel this hotel could put a guide to using the aircon in the room booklet - it is centrally controlled from reception.

Room Tip: Inland view is quieter - 106. It comes with a small patio but the view from this is ugly.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Excellent, most frienly and helpfull service. Great breakfast included.

• Stayed July 2012
Lisbon
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I travelled to Nicosia on my way from Paphos to North Cyprus and stayed at the Classic Hotel for one night. I was very well impressed with this hotel.
Staff at reception was friendly and helped me in understanding what were the highlights of the city I could see in my limited time. I was lucky that it was sunday and I could park my car right in front of the hotel door (in working days you are only allowed one hour parking in that street but there are 2 public parks nearby).
My room was huge and decoration extremely tastefull. Bathroom was the downside, I had only seen such a small space in a boat, but shower was ok.
Breakfast was quite good too.
In overall it was an excellent value for money. I have stayed in lots of 4 star hotels that were less confortable than this small charming hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ullises
San Francisco
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Highly recomended...Hotel is in an excellent location, close to restaurants and shops. Very convenient to public transportation.
Rooms very nicely done. Large room with sitting area and large bathroom. Welcome fruit plate was a nice touch. Getting to the rooms was interesting as the stairways look like a maze. Boutique quality hotel with modern, off the wall decor.
Breakfast had a lot of variety. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I arranged this hotel my guests and the photographers of my wedding. I booked 3 rooms for them. In the end we needed an extra one. The reception desk arranged for everything my guests wanted for their rooms at no time and at a very good price. Our guests were really impressed and pleased with their stay.
They all spent 3 days at the hotel.
Location is just great for anyone that wants to spend a couple of days and walk around Nicosia.
Prices are great. You get more than what you pay for.
Unfortunately that is all i can write. I tried to get as much information as i could from my guests. They were very pleased, they walked around the streets of the old town and the shops of Nicosia and they were impressed with the cleanliness and the modern renovated rooms of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank IasonasCy
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at the Classic on recommendation this time last year, and enjoyed it so much I stayed there again this time round. My friend informed me of its perfect location in the heart of Nicosia, clean, modern, air-conditioned rooms, combined with unbelievably helpful staff, and his recommendation certainly didn't disappoint.

The breakfast is plentiful and very tasty (I am a particular fan of the warm pastries that compliment the full english/continental offering every morning!), and the room service food was again, top notch. In terms of location, there isn't really anywhere better, and the staff (all spoke perfect english) were very helpful in helping me with transport each day, as well as giving tips on where to visit etc. Together with the business centre, computers, free wi-fi, and adjacent wine bar, it made for a brilliant hotel experience

I read some reviews moaning about the hair dryer. I used it each day, pulled up a chair to the perfectly positioned mirror, and dried my hair - no issue! The only slight downside personally is the gym is perhaps a little basic, but by no means does this tarnish what is an otherwise fantastic hotel, in a fantastic city, in a fantastic country.

Thank you Classic and all the staff! Look forward to seeing you again next year!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James H
il
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed for business only for one night but it was enough :)
The Hotel is located on an old building bat not all the rooms were completely renovated . Some of the door crossbars are still the old one.. No business center, unless 2 com into the corridor..
the rooms are not in the same size and the 35 square meters that we were expected for, were much lesser. the mini-bar was empty and locked(!)
The rooms are built in labyrinth ways.
We had tried this time an alternative option for staying in Nicosia but we were wrong.
Nevertheless some good points:
- a good breakfast
- nice deco in the rooms

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business