“Comfortable stay”
Review of The Classic Hotel

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Nicosia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was on a business trip to Nicosia and had stayed at The Classic Hotel. I found the hotel quite good, very neat and clean. The Hotel staff were quite friendly. The rooms were quite cozy and comfortable. The lighting behind the bed was a new idea and gave a very good look to the room. The breakfast was simple and good. This is a good hotel for business visitors.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Maxoutis, General Manager at The Classic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us, for sharing your feedback and your good words about our Hotel. . We very much appreciate your comments about our staff , the room, and our breakfast.

The Classic Hotel Nicosia, is a perfect combination for business and pleasure due to its privileged location.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. I just love the staff! If you are on business this is the place to be. A clean cozy room, with a good shower. On the upper floor you will find a fitness room with an excellent view over the city. The breakfast is simple and the restaurant and wine bar good. Minor; This is a new hotel, but they should maintain it better. The sheets are worn-out and need replacement.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review especially for your very positive comments about our staff, the cleanliness, our outlets and the gym.
It was a great pleasure having you with us for 4th time and we are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Your feedback regarding bed sheets will be taken into consideration by our Housekeeper.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Consider that Nicosia is not really a holiday destination : I would say the less touristic place in Cyprus. Those who come here plan just one day trip. As a matter of fact foreigners visiting Nicosia are mailnly for business purposes. I stayed in this hotel for the fourth time ( each time for a week ). I find it conveniently located near the city centre ( Ledra street is just 5 minutes walking ) offering simple but comfortable and clean rooms with a large bed where you can have a perfect rest; very quiet especially if you are given a room facing the internal courtyard. All the staff is very friendly an helpful at the same time. Just think that the hotel provide a free of charge fax service if you require it. Simply great considering that I often come across hotels ( by travelling around the world ) that charge you a fortune for that service ! Breakfast is rather rich and good quality. Finally I would say that this hotel offers an excellent quality/price ratio. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the internal courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alerock
Maxoutis, General Manager at The Classic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us, for sharing your feedback and for recommending the Classic Hotel Nicosia.
It was a great pleasure having you with us once more. We very much appreciate your encouraging comments about our staff , Our breakfast, that you found our rooms clean and comfortable!

The Location of the Hotel is Plus for any traveler, either for Business or Pleasure!

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Welcoming staff and good size yet simple rooms. Would stay again on my next trip to Nicosia. The design of the hotel is really pleasant and everything of interest is a short walk. Nicest moment was the welcome coffee and snack after a long day traveling here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here on business. Very nice staff, good modern rooms, comfortable bed. Struggle to find enough plug points which drives me insane but this is minor. Almost next to Holiday Inn but less than half the price and just as good. Have a nice bar downstairs with friendly staff. Did not eat here but no reason to think it would be poor. Only issue really was the layout, lift does not go any further than the first floor, after then it is a series of stairs to get to the room so be aware if stairs are an issue for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I had expected much as i have been staying at upper level hotels. But after seeing Nicosia, I would say it is a second class hotel after 1 few 1st class, which are also not that brilliant as in other countries. I got OK room, it was clean and small but Ok. I could stay here. It is not that wonderful as others write but you can compare it with Ibis type of hotels. It has good location but the building is very complicated specially when you need to go to rooms 3XX. Lift is less capable (2 persons only) and up to 2nd floor. So transporting suitcases was really problem. Once personel named Costa (around 70) was rude and was un-responsible as he refused to arrange table lamp very rudly but when I saw my angry tone, he came to the room. He was a heavy person and when he got down on the floor (to make the lamp) I couldn't lift him up easily when he wanted to get up.I hope the management gives him other job then single staff at night. However other 2-3 ladies were very helpful. Costa was also helpful I believe but he was little frustrated I guess, due to the responsibilities. Victoria was more helpful. It was anyway OK Ok.
I had booked first by Expedia but had to cancel due to wrong dates. Then I booked directly with hotel because Expedia was giving higher price and Glen gave me better price. I would suggest to book directly with the hotel for better price and save their commision to Expedia.

Room Tip: When you come out of hotel, go to the right first. I got very wrong impression about Nicosia when I...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DPEuro
Maxoutis, General Manager at The Classic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our Hotel. We are glad that you found our Hotel Good and that you had a Nice stay.
Regarding your concerns that were addressed during your stay, please allow me to assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously by all of us.

We would be glad to welcome you again at the Classic Hotel and extent to you our warm hospitality.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for two nights on my first trip to Nicosia and have to say that for the price this is an excellent hotel in a very good location. Staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived unitl we left. The buffet breakfast was also a bonus and very good start to the day. I will use the Classic hotel for my next stay in Nicosia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Maxoutis, General Manager at The Classic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Classic experience. It is such a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Classic Hotel Nicosia and that our services have met your expectations in all aspects. Please rest assured that your warm comments will be address to all our personnel.
We will be very happy to welcome you back to the Classic in the very near future, either again on business or on pleasure