Altius Boutique Hotel
Hilton Cyprus(Nicosia)
US$335
US$309
  • Pool
All reviewsa bit off the beaten pathair conditioning in the roomkind staffcity centrea bit tiredrooms are cleancafes and restaurantscleaning staffi highly recommend this hotelminute walklate at nightbusiness tripdecent breakfastwould stay againbasic hoteltea and coffeeenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I travel a lot, visited many countries and stayed at different hotels. But this is the greatest experience of hotel service I ever had! Before going to Nicosia I wrote a message to the hotel manager, because I had early arrival and was trying to figure out how I should pay. The response was very quick (didn't expect that). The manager (Teo) said that I don't have to pay extra and that will be a complimentary from the hotel manager. They organize a transfer from the airport to the hotel, Christos (a wonderful taxi driver and a positive person) was waiting for me at the airport with the card with my name written in my native language(!!!). I had a warm welcoming to the hotel, my room was absolutely ready. During my staying I felt special: I could get everything I needed. Even when my laptop broke down, the manager allowed to do my business affairs on the computer at the desk(!!!).And even before check out I asked for the seafood restaurant the manager took me there(!!) and this beautiful lady at the reception desk with smile all the time made sure that I'm ok.Thank you, guys!!!I didn't feel like a guest, I felt like I'm a friend. I definitely recommend those who go to Nicosia to try this hotel! Because: 1) you will be comfortable; 2)you will be helped if needed; 3) you will feel special; 4) you will be surrounded by nice and positive people who like their job))))

Room Tip: The reception will provide you with a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizaveta-vita
Reviewed 24 May 2014

At first glance, this hotel looks amazing. The décor is modern and colourful. The front desk staff are very friendly. The rooms are spacious and sunny. The buffet breakfast was very good.
Getting help beyond the front desk is difficult. There are either not enough staff, or staff who don't know how to serve. The floor in my room was dirty all week, and the sheets and towels seemed a bit unclean. One of the towels had a hole in it. There was an old sock under my bed. The dinner menu was limited, and mainly chicken dishes. The menu didn't change all week. There was only 1 vegetarian option. The hotel is situated between 2 busy roads so the traffic sounds made it hard to sleep. The locals love their car horns!

Room Tip: Maybe a room higher up would have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I enjoyed an excellent stay at the Altius. The facilities, including the catering were very good indeed and I thought that the stay was excellent value for money. The aspect of my stay which I thought was quite outstanding was the helpfulness and friendliness of your staff. I would certainly recommend the Altius to anyone visiting Nicosia.

Room Tip: Both sides face on to streets, so a higher room may be less noisy. Having said that, street noise did not affect my stay adversely as they weren't major routes in the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane E
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent services, kind stuff,great food, rooms and hotel cleaned well every day, great management - Mr. Theo Charalambous. Beautiful architecture. No problems at all ,friendly and helpfull staff.
No healthy or hygiene problems.
This was the best hotel in Nicosia.

Thank you for everything. Andrea and Gabriel Miškufovci.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were staying in Lapta in Northern Cyprus and went to Nicosia over to the Greek Cypriot side and decided to stay one night there rather than having to rush back. As soon as we stepped into this hotel we were greeted by a wonderful lady I'm only sorry I didn't get her name she offered us coffee which was welcome because it had gone quite cold for the time of year. I asked to see one of the rooms which we did and it was really modern and warm and cosy the beds were so comfy and had real feather duvets which is unusual abroad.it also had a proper bath so I was delighted to have a lovely hot bath and having had no hot water in the hotel we were staying at (see my separate review of the LA hotel in Lapta ). It was quite wonderful you don't realise how much you miss basic things like hot water until you don't have them ! Anyway we had a great stay we had sat TV which was also a treat and next morning the breakfast had bacon eggs and loads more.Because it was out of season the reception staff said we did not have to rush to check out so we were able to enjoy an extra couple of hours .this is what you call quality service and I can highly recommend this hotel and it's wonderful service and all for the cost of 50 euros .

Room Tip: I should imagine any room in this hotel would be good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple