“Excellent Fish Restaurant”

Ranked #50 of 1,047 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$18 - US$59
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Paragadi, the Mediterranean fish restaurant of the island, brings unique gourmet pleasures to all visitors, with respect and high quality service. The 50-year experience in the traditional Cypriot and modern gourmet cuisine guarantees unforgettable courses, while the service and comfortable, pleasant environment guarantee exquisite business and family gatherings!
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fish Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This restaurant was busy on a Monday night in January - full of locals - many were dining out with family or on business. Quality of the fish was excellent, yes ut was pricey and the pickled fruit was an experience for us.

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Average expensive fish restaurant ”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Been there on a Saturday noon for lunch with friends.
It was my first time there even though i've lived in Nicosia for all of my life.
I must say the place feels quite unique. The decoration, the seating area and rooms are really well designed.
Service is quite good. Of course there were only 4 tables at the time so it wasn't that hard for the waiters.
Food was quite disappointing. We got the selection of starters that were 4 small plates of different dips, one medium green salad and a loaf of bread. That cost 5 euros per person which means 25 euros for the above!
We ordered the "famous" fish soup of the restaurant. Again disappointing. Really flat taste, fish was almost absent.
For main we got a 2kg grilled fish, fried calamari and grilled octopus. The fish and the calamari were quite good. Octopus was a bit hard.
Complementary selection of local sweets and coffee for the end.
The bill was the highlight of the day. I don't want to share more details on the pricing but believe me everything was really overpriced.
Disappointment mostly comes from the food standards in comparison with the pricing. When you pay that much you expect only the best products perfectly cooked and served. I believe fish and the rest were really fresh and of good quality but something went wrong in the kitchen.

1 Thank IasonasCy
“Daytime robbery”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I went with my wife and son last week. I ordered calamari, octapus and red mullet. Six small fishes for 35 euros. Each appetiser 2 euros each. A bottle of wine 24 euros. They also brought some shrims that I did not order. Also, they have a custom that you only find in Cyprus. When you sit at the table, without asking you, they pour some bottle water into your glasses and at the end they charge you 2.5 euros. In essence we payd 118 euros for frozen fish. Stay away from it. At time of economic crisis they should lower prices not steal from people.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank padamianou
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Good food but not enough”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The food was good but not enough, at the end the waiter asked us if we want a dessert, some fruits or traditional Cyprus sweet, we asked for fruits and they charged us 4,75 per person, little expensive in my opinion. The waiter didn't bring us any menu just asked what we want to eat.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank nectariacon
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
“Very nice fish restaurant”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have been there seven months ago and the overall experience was really good. I tried to find it in tripadvisor right then to submit my review but I couldn't. When you enter the place, which seems not very practical from an archtectural point of view, you can see a collection of photos with famous people that have visited the restaurant in the past. I am not impressed from such a demonstration but maybe somebody else is. We ordered fish meze and white wine, that I can't recall its name but it was really good. The food was reaaly good, I remember the plates to follow the one the other in a good timing and although I had at first the impression that the quantity was not enough, I ended up really fool and satisfied. The service was good, although too manneristic for my "taste". The bill was 30 euros per person, maybe expensive, but I think that it was worthy. I haven't been there since then but I would like to and I reccomend it, at least for once.

• Visited April 2013