“delicious plates”

Ranked #59 of 1,072 Restaurants in Nicosia
Price range: US$19 - US$62
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Paragadi, the Mediterranean fish restaurant of the island, brings unique gourmet pleasures to all visitors, with respect and high quality service. The 50-year experience in the traditional Cypriot and modern gourmet cuisine guarantees unforgettable courses, while the service and comfortable, pleasant environment guarantee exquisite business and family gatherings!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

ask for fish mezedes. you will not regret it. and if you go for dinner during winter you will try their fish which is very nice. some of their dishes are unique.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I spent a couple of hours there with my wife and enjoyed good food (mainly fish), at affortable prices. The service was good, and the place is nice and makes you feel nice. I have been there many times, in the last few years. It may not be the best food you had ever had, but it is consistently good, and the price is also consistently satisfactory. Try it, do not miss. The only problem was that somebody was giving instructions to the waiters all the time aloud, like "Table 3 need another basket of bread, now!". If only he could be a little bit more silent! We spent around 25 per person (no wine).

1  Thank Iasonas L
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This restaurant was busy on a Monday night in January - full of locals - many were dining out with family or on business. Quality of the fish was excellent, yes ut was pricey and the pickled fruit was an experience for us.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Been there on a Saturday noon for lunch with friends.
It was my first time there even though i've lived in Nicosia for all of my life.
I must say the place feels quite unique. The decoration, the seating area and rooms are really well designed.
Service is quite good. Of course there were only 4 tables at the time so it wasn't that hard for the waiters.
Food was quite disappointing. We got the selection of starters that were 4 small plates of different dips, one medium green salad and a loaf of bread. That cost 5 euros per person which means 25 euros for the above!
We ordered the "famous" fish soup of the restaurant. Again disappointing. Really flat taste, fish was almost absent.
For main we got a 2kg grilled fish, fried calamari and grilled octopus. The fish and the calamari were quite good. Octopus was a bit hard.
Complementary selection of local sweets and coffee for the end.
The bill was the highlight of the day. I don't want to share more details on the pricing but believe me everything was really overpriced.
Disappointment mostly comes from the food standards in comparison with the pricing. When you pay that much you expect only the best products perfectly cooked and served. I believe fish and the rest were really fresh and of good quality but something went wrong in the kitchen.

1  Thank IasonasCy
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I went with my wife and son last week. I ordered calamari, octapus and red mullet. Six small fishes for 35 euros. Each appetiser 2 euros each. A bottle of wine 24 euros. They also brought some shrims that I did not order. Also, they have a custom that you only find in Cyprus. When you sit at the table, without asking you, they pour some bottle water into your glasses and at the end they charge you 2.5 euros. In essence we payd 118 euros for frozen fish. Stay away from it. At time of economic crisis they should lower prices not steal from people.

2  Thank padamianou
Paragadi-Nicosia, Owner at Paragadi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Padamianou,

Firstly we apologize for the discomfort we caused. We are people and occasionally we do make mistakes. We have put our priority to provide the best quality available for our customers and create an exciting and family friendly atmosphere. We hope that we can make up for this, if you communicate with up via message or call, no matter how long was ago.

Warm regard,