“The most perfect wedding reception :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windmill Restaurant

Windmill Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 538 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Windmill is a family run restaurant owned from Chris Kathitziotes and his family for more than 30 years. The restaurant offers a large selection of Cypriot and International food. It is also specialised in Meze.Availlable for wedding receptions and other parties. Reasonable prices.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The most perfect wedding reception :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Where do I start ...... Me and my family have just returned back from Cyprus after the most amazing 2 weeks , the best part being us getting married there. We got married in St Paul's Pillar on 15/7/14, the choice of venue for the ceremony was easy but when it came to choosing a restaurant for the reception that proved more difficult as we wanted somewhere authentic and welcoming as well as the obvious nice food, I spent many months researching many restaurants in paphos and a name that kept appearing to me was The Windmill restaurant which has many excellent reviews on trip advisor but I'm not easily influenced by other peoples opinions especially on a decision as big as this. One day I was on the wedding advisers page and I started talking to a lady called Nancy and after a while I discovered it was her family who own The Windmill . After speaking to Nancy and seeing how personal she wanted to make it for us I booked our reception :) Over the following 12 months leading up to our wedding nancy kept in touch on a regular basis , weather it was to do with the planning or just to say hi . Me and my family went for a meal in the windmill on our 3rd night in paphos , as soon as I stepped into the restaurant I knew I had made the right choice it was everything I had wanted , the food is traditional and first class , I have to give special mention to the homemade tahini sauce made by Nancy's dad, it was the best I have ever tasted. Meeting nancy for the first time made me realise that she was just as excited as me when it came to the decoration and every other little detail. On the big day when I walked in and saw the tables and decoration of fresh flowers and candles etc it totally exceeded my expectations , Nancy and her family had really gone that extra mile. From start to finish everything was perfect , I highly recommend the Greek dancers as they are brilliant . This review is not just about the windmill but is to let people know that you get that special touch from Nancy . We will definitely be back next year.

3 Thank Joanne C

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“Not number #5”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went here based on the fact that it boasts to be recommended by the papers ad sky news and is at present number 5 on trip advisor. Unfortunately we were left disappointed. The food was ok but not as good as some of the traditional restaurants we tried in Paphos during our two weeks. The meat in my stifado was very fatty but the flavour was ok. The steaks all came medium to well instead of how we asked but the best thing which was free was the lentil dish. Delicious flavour. Overall the restaurant was clean and had good service but the food quality made this average in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Simonhood
HK
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant serves great food. We ate here a couple of times and were always offered complimentary dishes. One of them was the most delicious lentil starter. Would certainly recommend.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything about this place is outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned from Cyprus, we had our wedding reception at the Windmill Restaurant and I can't explain how amazing everything was, the food was absolutely delicious (that good not one of us had our pudding because we were completely stuffed), the way it was set up looked amazing and the service/staff were brilliant very friendly and helpful, especially Nancy who helped us with so much from way back last year when we contacted her to enquire about booking the place for our reception. She let us hand pick our menu from canapés to deserts and the price was very reasonable too. We also returned after our reception for a Meze and again couldn't believe how good it was. The fact it is family run and everything is homemade makes it so much better. All I would say to anyone going to Paphos is make a point of going for a meal and don't judge a book by it's cover!!

1 Thank Lees4831
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very good food, and large portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's quite hard to find good traditional food in Paphos, so we were very pleased to eat here. Lots of simple, very tasty, dishes - lentils and rice, and bean stews, plus the usual swordfish and souvla. We ordered too much, as the portions were huge - the vegetarian main dish would have fed at least two people. Pretty good value for money (about 100 Euros for 4, including drinks). Nice people too.

Visited July 2014