“Great food at a good price”
Review of Happy Island

Happy Island
Ranked #35 of 631 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We found Happy Island on google maps and saw the good reviews, so gave it a try.

My girlfriend and I went for lunch and ordered two drinks, a meze starter to share, and then the chicken kebab and calamari, respectively, off the slightly cheaper lunch menu, which had a selection of about 15 meals.

The meze starter was huge, and had six different plates with about eight slices of pitta, while our mains were also big plates. I must've eaten about 8 small squid, chips and salad, and it was delicious too. The squid was perfectly cooked, and the chips were great as well. The kebabs were equally good and substantial.

In the end, the total bill came to 27 euros! It was an absolute bargain.

The service was friendly and attentive, from who I believe was the owner, and we felt very welcome and looked after.

Would highly recommend if you are after a large, quick and easy meal of high quality!

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Went here for our evening meal. Have amazing see food. I love my swordfish. Will definitely come back once I'm on Cyprus.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I have visited Happy Island on several occasions over the past few years and I love it that much that I avoid going there every night so as not to get too used to it.
My wife and I have had beef and pork steaks all cooked to perfection with delicious sauces but my favourites are the traditional cypriot dishes such as moussaka, stifado, or meatballs.
The waiting staff are very friendly and attentive without being intrusive, very professional.
The restaurant itself is very comfortable and airy.
A nice touch is that they give you a wee glass of brandy and a small bowl of fruit at the end before you leave.
Prices are broadly similar to what I would pay for the same sort of thing in the UK.
I would think this restaurant has very many returning customers. I would always visit two or three times on a weeks visit to Paphos. Do seek it out.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant in early november. It was our last night in town and the experience was by far the best. We were reccommended some other restaurant but since it was fully booked we had to find another and we were the most glad that we found it thanks to tripadvisor. Service was provided by a few elder gentleman - very pleasant. Atmosphere was very cosy with small tables with white tablecloth and napkins. Food quality was the best yet including prawns and meat. Only minor complaint is that the portions for the meat courses were a bit too large and it was a bit sad to say " it was really good" but some of the good food was left over. In the picture you can see a T-bone stake and it was cooked as asked - medium. Really tender. The mains came with some fries and veggies. Dessert - cheesecake was also nice. After all the previous we were treated with some fruits and schnaps on the house. All and all a 5+ experience.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

The food was good. Prices were decent.
The serving was excellent, I did not like onion soup and did not pay for it.
We will definitely come back here.