“Don't be fooled by the queues!!”
Review of Fat Mama's

Fat Mama's
Ranked #102 of 590 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fat Mamas has been established for over 25 years and is owned and run by the same family. We are a family friendly restaurant and welcome family's, couples, singles and groups from all over the world.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We waited for 15 mins at the front of the queue to be seated or even spoken to whilst there was at least 15 empty tables that we could of been seated at instantly..
I walked in and asked someone if there was a reason why we had not been seated. The reply I got by a waiter who was walking around doing nothing was.. " everyone has there set jobs to do someone will be over"
When we were finally seated we tried choosing our food asked the waitress for her advice and she didn't have a clue!!
As previous traveller said don't bother!!
We had ribs which were the worst ribs we had and chicken fajitas which were ok at the least.
When the entertainment came out we thought great this will be fun, but they sang for about 1 min and disappeared.. That carried on whilst we were there. "Laughable"

Fat-Mamas-Paphos, Public Relations Manager at Fat Mama's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.” ― John Lydgate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,177)

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Fat Mamas for my hen party and it was brilliant! Huge portions and so much choice!! My cousin had told them it was my hen (I'm sure they must have known looking at us all dressed up!) and they got us up as part of the act doing the YMCA with the girls!! Gave me a bottle if champers for being a good sport too! Yummy cocktails. A fab night which I shall always remember. We are coming back to Paphos for our 1st anniversary and my hubby wants to see what it's all about so we shall be back xx

MrsBLH, we are really glad you enjoyed your evening at our restaurant, we do like to celebrate at Fat Mamas ! Thank you very very much for leaving a review here.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This was actually my second visit to fat mamas. Nothing had changed! Atmosphere was amazing as was the food! Great fun for all the family!

Shellifer3, thank you very much for the review after your repeat visit to our restaurant. We are really glad you enjoy it.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went here shortly before heading off to the airport as it was just metres from our apartments. After a week of eating delicious, fresh, delicious Cypriot food we were so disappointed to be presented with what we ate here. We had been to Laona the night before which made this experience even worse as we'd had our best meal ever in Cyprus there. Massive portions of tasteless, greasy junk food; sauce in plastic pots; even the cokes we ordered tasted watered down. Meanwhile, there were wasps everywhere, some weird 'entertainment' and kids on arcade machines. I think it's the sort of place you go on holiday if you don't like 'foreign' food or if your kids can only behave if they're being constantly stimulated by games, toys and colouring crayons.

The staff were ok but you don't get the same server throughout so they don't know where you're at; at one point our plates had barely touched the table and we were asked if we wanted to give our compliments to the chef!

By the time we left they were queuing at the entrance to get in whilst some of the great tavernas either side remained empty. Why you would want to travel thousands of miles to eat this slop I have no idea. Some reviews warn: 'Stay away if you don't like big portions'; I would say: 'Stay away if you like decent food.'

1  Thank MsTrinder

Hi, thanks for the kind comments about our staff, and it seems, that this quote is very apt for your groups visit :

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We ate here on our last night as it was right by our hotel and it always looked packed when we walked past. On this occasion I wish that once again we had walked on by.

The food was bland and mass produced and the coke was watered down to the point where it was hardly coloured. The ribs had been boiled to within a inch of their life and were swimming in a weird sweet sauce and whilst the fajitas were almost passable they nowhere near justified their 17 euro price tag.

This is also the first restaurant where a waiter has come to us before we have tasted a bite to say "foods good yes, I'll pass on your compliments to the chef" I'm not sure if he was joking....

I can't understand why anyone would eat here where there are great, local restaurants literally next door which don't serve mass produced bland stodge. I can see its appeal to families who just want chips and burgers but if you don't avoid at all costs.

1  Thank walkformilers