“Simply Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 16 Paphos B&B and Inns
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Simply Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked a studio Avillion Holiday Apartments a couple of weeks ago. The studio was in excellent condition, clean, very spacious, the furniture and equipment was brand new and in excellent condition. The coplex has its own private parking and it is located on the main Paphos - Chloraka road. It is very convinient for those that don't have a car since there is a bus stop just outside the hotel with regular service to Paphos harbour and accross the street to Coral cay. You can choose to stay at the hotel and spend the day at the wonderful and quiet pool. I believe we have found the optimum place to stay at Paphos and will definetely go back next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chryer74

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was excellent!!!the room was very clean...the staff were so friendly and polite!!!there were very good people!!!!it was a quite place and we relaxed so much!!!it was so beautiful accommodation!!!the rooms have all the facilities and the necessaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

1 Thank Lythrodontas
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I followed the recommendations by other T.A. fellows and booked Avillion at Paphos for two nights. It was really an excellent choice.
The apartments/rooms are new and spacious, the amenities are fine and the pool is never crowded.
We were upgraded to an apartment with a balcony overlooking the street but we didn't hear any noise because we kept windows closed and air conditioning open. It was too hot and humid to leave the windows open.
We also had a flat TV and all necessary things for cooking, even though we didn't cook.
Staff is kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antonis2108
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I booked this based on the reviews and whereas we found the place OK, I personally would not stay here again. I will try to write this review to be as helpful to prospective guests as I can...
The most disturbing factor here is the noise. The building is situated on an extremely busy main road and although I was aware it was next to a road I did not assume it to be constantly busy and as noisy as a motorway. Upon booking I asked for a quiet room and they kindly upgraded us to room 204 which was very large but could not be in a noisier location! The room boasts a balcony with sun loungers that would have been lovely in the right location but we never even sat out on the balcony as all you can hear is horrific traffic noise and experience car fumes which is certainly not my idea of relaxation! I would have preferred one of the smaller rooms with a small balcony at the other side where maybe it would be slightly quieter without a view of the motorway and bus stop! The building is double glazed but I still had to sleep with ear plugs in every night.
However, despite the above the apartments are reasonably priced, modern looking and well equipped but the cleanliness did not entice me to want to self cater. The apartments are clean on the surface but if you take a closer look down the drains of the kitchen sink is full of mould, the windows are never cleaned and there are cobwebs around the windows and behind the doors. The catering items would have been washed up by hand by the previous occupants and as the kitchen sink has no hot water it would have been done with cold. For some people this is fine but I have high standards in regards to cleaning when I am eating - especially from shared equipment.
On a plus point the shower is very large and strong (with hot water - though you have to wait ten minutes for it to run out), the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. Wifi worked in the main room of our apartment but not the bedroom. The balconies and the grounds and the pool area would also have be nice if you did not have the constant background racket from the main road. However, this is not the owners fault as I believe they have done their best to make these apartments as comfortable as possible. Some extra touches like supplying liquid hand soap, shower gel from a dispenser in the shower, washing up liquid, toilet paper and a hair dryer were also appreciated.
The owners were polite enough and did their job. If you asked anything they would fetch it. The girl was much nicer and more approachable I felt than the man. However, they did not give the atmosphere of personal hospitality and warmth that we have previously experienced when staying in smaller complexes. They reminded me of pleasant reception staff in a large hotel, not a small family run accommodation. We did venture out and about a lot in search of quieter more peaceful beaches, so we did not really make use of the bar or really their pool area - so I cannot comment on the food and drink served on the premises. Also any information given by them is very sparse. Being of Greek origin, my husband and I wanted to do more than just visit the tourist traps and wanted to find out about quiet beaches etc...but all we learnt from the staff here (I don't know their names) was: "Coral Bay is that way and The Harbour is that way" and other things we really had to find out for ourselves. So do your research before you come! We were also informed that cleaning was done daily, but Sundays the cleaners have off. Also the cleaners took it upon themselves not to clean our room one day as they 'thought we were inside' despite the fact that we went out for three hours in the morning. Upon returning at 14:45 I told the reception guy that the room was not cleaned and the cleaners came up and said "what do you want doing..we finish at 3, can we just come tomorrow?" ....very rude!!
There is nothing around the apartment except a taverna opposite. However, from the bus stop from outside you can go everywhere. Had we known this we would not have hired a car for the duration of our stay. The bus service is every 15 minutes and very good. It costs €1 per person and €2.50 per person at night. The last bus leaves from the harbour at midnight.
Overall, yes the accommodation is modern, air conditioned and generally fresh and clean enough and fine to use if you don't mind road noise and nothing being of walkable distance. The price is reasonable and the owners were kind enough to let us keep the apartment for and extra day (not night) at no extra cost as our flight was very late and this was much appreciated. But I have to be honest in saying that if you are looking for tranquility and quiet I would not recommend the Avillion.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank daisy270609
west lothian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Returned this morning 25th April,The Apartments are very clean, modern and new and everything of good quality and everything you could possibly need including washing up liquid! full fridge and cooker,no microwave.
Flat screen tv with one or two english channels,although my husband asked at reception for specific football games to be put on in the room and this was done no problem.
You also get a password for wifi but i cannot comment if this worked as we did not bring i pad.
All staff were very pleasant and helpful including snack bar lady who made me snacks not on the menu for me to take into my own room,the food here was very good and reasonably priced
ie large burger and bun with chips and salad 6 euro full english less than 5 euro.
The pool area is fantastic and great sunbeds also small splash pool for kids.
This is a small unit with only 16 apts, when we were there(april) the reception closed at 6pm,so if you are going to arrive late e-mail or phone so they can make arrangements to leave a key for you.While we were there most of the guests were couples using here as a base, as they all had hired cars and hardly seen anyone at the pool/bar it was very quiet.
We had a lovely time here and if going back to paphos will certainly stay here,it will not suit everyone as there is no entertainment and is in a very quiet location,although the bus stops just outside and 1euro takes you anywhere,there is a lidle store to stock up a few mins along the road.I also must mention check out is at noon we were not being picked up untill 6pm i wanted to book a late check out which was no problem and was not charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic.
If i was to moan about anything i missed not having a bath and wished for more english telly

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lynneWestLothian
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed in Pafos for two nights to see some of the historical attractions around the area and booked a small apartment here. The apartment was modern, clean and attractive, with a small private outside area, and decent sized communal pool area with comfortable sun loungers.
Breakfast is 5 Euros extra, and there are several restaurants and bakeries along the main road too. (The restaurant opposite is worth a visit for the bacon and halloumi pitta!)
Although we had our own car, there is a bus stop outside which takes you to coral bay, tombs of the kings and all the other main attractions.
This is a great place for a short or long term stay, as you have most facilities available to you and are a short distance from what Pafos has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woble
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights in November with my partner in one of the studio apartments.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a gentleman who didn't seem overly interested in us and showed us to our appartment with little conversation and no explanation of the facilties whatsoever. Some of the lights were not working in the kitchen and were told as we had arrived on a Sunday it would be Monday before anything could be done. I was rather surprised that they didn't keep bulbs but we could live with this. My partner then decided to check the wi-fi and found that in our apartment we could not actually pick up the signal. When this was mentioned we were moved to another slightly larger apartment and found that you had to be near to reception to get a good signal. Also, as another review has mentioned the cleaner does have a day off which was not actually mentioned when we checked in and was surprised to come back and find the bed had not been changed and on a few occassions towels had not been replaced.

However, despite all this the studio apartment itself was clean, well laid out and perfectly functional. The kitchen had everything we needed, the airconditioning worked well but was only in the bedroom, the shower was powerful and we had our own little outdoor space. The bed was quite hard though and I found it difficult to sleep on as there were a few springs digging into places I wish they weren't! There is a small, shallow pool at the centre of the complex and also a childrens play area to the front.

The location was actually quite lovely and had some lovely views of the sea. The apartments are situated outside of Paphos on the Tomb of the Kings road between several strips of bars and restaurants in either direction and the Pentaras restaurant is directly across the road. It was mostly quiet but one Saturday evening the restaurant was in full swing and music could be heard quite late. How common this is I cannot say but overall we found it pleasureable as we didn't want to be surrounded by the typical bucket and spade tourist fare yet still close enough to indulge should we want to. There is also a bus stop just outside going to Paphos regularly so you needn't always use the car. You are also not far from Coral Bay either and can be there in a short bus/car ride if you are a beach lover.

This is a great little complex in a lovely location and with a little more attention to detail and service this place would be exceptional. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the food as we either cooked or ate out but it seemed they catered for most tastes. Their rates are also extremely reasonable and I would definitely say this is accomodation worth considering as long as you keep your expectations reasonable and not on par with a 5* experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PinkCyanide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Souli Beach Hotel
Kiniras Hotel
Kiniras Hotel
#65 of 90 in Paphos
Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Avillion Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!