“Lifeguard Gregory's Watch”

Ranked #290 of 560 Restaurants in Paphos
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Ta Bania overlooks a lido of safe clear water and serves excellent filter coffee which I savour as Mary swims. The beauty of this restaurant and café is its excellent infrastructure. Showers, toilets, unobstructed sea views and safe, supervised swimming under Lifeguard Gegory's eagle eye. Perfect!

There are newer reviews for Ta Bania Restaurant

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The all inclusive hotel we were staying at was not great so we went into the harbour to eat and stumbled upon this place. It looked clean and there was something for everyone on the menu. It was our last night so we wanted something authentic, we were not dissapointed!
I asked the waiter what the Cyprus Meze consisted of, his responsed 'everything, dont order it if you are not that hungry'
So we ordered it along with a carafe of wine!
It was the biggest and nicest meal I have had abroad in a long time! It did get to the point where I hoped the plate of food being brought out of the kitchen was not for us!!! The whole table was covered!
My son was so tired waiting for us to eat it all that a waitress brought an extra chair over and made him a bed!! Lovely meal & great location to watch the sunset!!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

If all you want is nice food then this is the place for you, however if u are looking for friendly service avoid this place. The food is very expensive and be aware you pay service fee as part of the bill. This would be worthwhile if the service received was worthy of a payment. But when we went it certainly wasn't. We didn't get s single smile or asked if we were OK. The Easter tufted at us as my husband was taking s photo of me and he came to take our order this is a harsh contrast to those that would actually offer to take your photo then take your order. I like to give my hard earned money to those who deserve it. Food was lovely. But politeness costs nothing.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant whilst on holiday in Cyprus and both my husband and I loved it. The restaurant is on a beautiful setting, we literally had a table next to the sea.

The food was absolutely lovely and huge portions! I had spaghetti with king prawns (15euros) which was delicious with 4 huge prawns in a tomato sauce. My husband went for stuffed chicken with spinach, cheese and tomato and came with chips and vegetables (14.50 euros). A nice touch was we they also gave us a basket of warmed pitta bread. Both of us were stuffed and just couldn't manage a dessert.

The service was relaxed and friendly, and although the food took a while to arrive, we didn't mind at at all because we could enjoy our drinks with the lovely view. Would definitely return and highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Right next to the sea - what an amazing location - fabulous food, try the mixed Souvlaki. Great place just for a coffee, pre dinner drink or lunch. Came recommended by Chris Alden in 250 Things to do in Cyprus on a Sunny Day - just one of many restaurants we tried this week. definitely worth a visit