“Fabulous villa”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to Chilbury Mortimer
Welcome to Chilbury Mortimer! The Kitchen has a Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven / Hob and lots of cupboard space.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Chilbury Mortimer
Welcome to Chilbury Mortimer!
The kitchen is stocked with lots or cutlery, crockery and glasses.
Kitchen
Dining Room with solid oak table and chairs. The table can extend to seat 8 people.
The Dining Room has patio doors leading to the pool or covered verandah with built in bbq.
Dining Room
The Living Room has a corner sofa that can seat 6 people.
There is a 42' plasma TV with android system giving access to all UK TV, Sport, Movies, News, Music.
The Living Room is light and airy with ac / ceiling fans. Patio doors lead onto the 2nd verandah.
Living Room
There is a lovely log fire to keep you cosy in the wintertime : ) Central heating is also available.
The Downstairs Bedroom
Bed 2 is a double room on the groundfloor with fitted wardrobes, ac and ceiling fans.
Stairs
Patio
The photos were taken in winter when we had a huge supply of logs! In the Summer these are not there
The Pool
The 10m x 4m Pool with Roman Steps making it easier to slip into the water.
Entrance
Street
This Fabulous Beach is only a 5 minute walk away!
The Beautiful Sea Caves Coastal Path
Relax on Coral Bay's Sandy Blue Flag Beaches
There are Stunning Sea and Mountain Views
Capture Magnificent Sunsets on Beaches 5 mins walk away
A Terracota Pot Overflows into the Infinity Pool
The Gardens are A Wonderful Place to Relax in.
More of Chilbury Mortimer Gardens
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“disappointing villa”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I am very sorry to have to write this review of the villa but I feel it is only fair to let other travellers know of our experience especially in light of the current glowing reviews on tripadvisor and Owners Direct. When arriving at the villa we were very pleased with the size and location and the thoughtful welcome package. This was soon outweighed by the realisation that the villa facilities were badly in need of some upgrading. We soon realised that there were no teaspoons! teatowels, bathmats, only 5 cups (one a children’s snowman cup) 2 tumblers, no shower curtain over the bath/shower, only 3 unbroken loungers, light shade and bulbs missing, controls for the fan/lights not working and the settee and chairs on the terrace falling apart. We rang Louise in the morning to be told that it was late in the season and due for a refurbishment, but that was not our problem as we had paid in good faith for a 5 star villa. By the end of the second day most of the items had been dealt with (apart from the terrace furniture and shower curtain). Unfortunately, because of the cold evenings, we needed to use the emersion heater to heat the hot water for showers in the mornings and at night one day as the sun was not shinning but this wasn’t working so I had to contact Louise again who sent someone round to fit a new element, whilst we appreciate that things could break down, it took two days and three visit until we finally had hot water. We couldn’t work the washing machine but after much fiddling Louise managed to get it going although when we tried later in the week we still couldn’t manage to work it so we gave up. We were only at the villa for a week, although Louise kindly let us stay longer on the final day as it was not booked until later in the week but a considerable amount of that week was taken up with what we consider should have been unnecessary telephone calls, this is definitely not a 5 star villa in our opinion at the present time and even with the promise of a refurbishment we would never consider returning.

Liked best: location
Liked least: the facilities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
9 Nov 2014
Thank you for your second review Johnny B / Heather following the one already left on Owners Direct. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay at Chilbury, I genuinely thought you had all enjoyed the villa and area. Chilbury is booked continuously and mostly regarded as a well maintained villa catering for every need. We work hard to please all of our guests, I am sorry that Chilbury fell short of your expectations.

Chilbury is my home and business. I take the condition of the villa and the time guests spend there very seriously. I am driven to create a ‘home away from home’ where people feel completely relaxed and provided for.

I certainly did not say that Chilbury was due for refurbishment or give any excuses as to why the villa should be less than perfect. I listened to the points raised and respected your wishes by responding immediately. I am not sure why this has been stated in the second review as it is just not necessary to refurbish a property to add spoons or provide tea towels and it is not in my nature to be unhelpful.

I would like the opportunity to respond and inform potential guests how ALL of the points, raised in the 2 phone calls made to me, were dealt with mostly within the hour:
- Shower curtains were not mentioned to us during the holiday - however the 2 shower rooms do have curtains.
- Bath mats/hand towels were there.
- In addition to the 24 spoons (of 3 different sizes) already in the drawers we provided 8 more spoons along with further cups/glasses. The cupboards are very well stocked with cutlery and crockery etc. The reference of 2 tumblers almost implies that there are not over 20 other glasses in the cupboards and I am really sorry that the mug with a snowman on it, offended you.
- Tea towels hadn’t been left, I am very sorry about this, it was a genuine oversight and we provided them immediately.
- The parasol was not broken however it was not at your desired height – we extended this for you with the little lever at the side of the parasol pole that allows it to slide up and down.
- A leaky kettle was not reported to us and only brought to our attention via your Owners Direct review. We can find no fault on checking it – kettles can leak if filled beyond the max level.
- The washer didn’t work as the child lock had been pressed – I was a little perplexed at first as we have no need to use this function, however once I realised what was wrong and on releasing the child lock, I left the machine happily doing laundry. The housekeeper has since used the machine and had no problems.
- 1 bulb from the trio of spotlights and a battery from 1 handset were replaced.
- We had 3/8 sun loungers broken; we did ensure there were 5 sun loungers, enough for each guest in your party, however I respected that you did not like the sun beds with thick mattresses by the pool side and we supplied 2 more standard loungers in the afternoon of your first day. The rattan on the outside furniture has deteriorated towards the end of the season, whilst I don’t think this is an eyesore and whilst still being comfortable to sit on, it will be replaced.
- Hot water is solar powered with an immersion heater booster if needed. The immersion was working when last needed; the problem reported on day 3 was dealt with instantly! Hot water elements can gradually corrode overtime in the water and they can also fuse when the immersion heater is left on for too long. To reduce the chance of this happening in the future there will be a timer fitted.

In another review that you left on Owners Direct earlier this week, you have referred to my villa as being neglected, needing money spending on it and poor value for money. Chilbury is 15 – 35% less in price to neighbouring villas as all bookings are made directly and not via a third party. Chilbury is a charming stone villa in a peaceful location minutes from restaurants/beaches. We don’t charge extra for welcome packs, ac, Wi-Fi, or baby equipment. We take pride in our high standards of customer care, maintenance, cleanliness and I am interested to see genuine ‘like for like’ comparables offering better value.

I feel this is not a fair, justified or deserved review. I did use the word balanced in my previous response however I appreciate that you have now acknowledged the size/location of Chilbury, courtesy welcome pack and late check out. If there was something you just didn't like or something you wanted more of or when there was a genuine problem with the water element - we were on it and delivered instant service with a smile. I would like to point out to people reading this review that the previous guests left less than 24 hours before Johnny and Heather’s arrival and left much different feedback of their experiences.

It is not pleasant to put your heart into something and have both your work and home pulled to pieces. I am not sure how exactly we managed to lose 3 stars overnight – especially as you told the housekeeper how lovely Chilbury was and that you would like to come back at some point - however you are only as good as your last review.

I do note that on Owners Direct you have used the name Johnny B and on TripAdvisor you have used the name Heather Noblett and as they are written in different styles with different titles, it could imply that they are 2 separate reviews.

We have had a great year at Chilbury Mortimer and met some lovely people. In light of the other glowing reviews, one theory maybe that those people came on holiday and enjoyed Chilbury. The response that we generally receive gives me the confidence that the service we offer and Chilbury itself are what the majority of people want. I would like to thank all of my customers who have holidayed at Chilbury and it is always a pleasure to welcome those who do return.

If you would like to stay at Chilbury Mortimer and have any concerns at all I am more than happy to send further testimonials and photos.

Best Wishes Louise
Alison P
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Fabulous villa”
Reviewed 24 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I would highly recommend this villa. . The villa caters for your every need - we had a really lovely time, the villa is very clean, really comfortable, very well equipped and the kids (11,8,8) loved the pool. We also stayed at another villa managed by Louise in Pissouri, which was equally well equipped and also highly recommended. Louise was extremely helpful - we only booked the night before we were due to arrive following problems with another villa we were due to stay in (not managed by Louise!). We spent the second week in October at the villa, weather was fanastic - a very pleasant and sunny approx 27/28 degrees every day.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
28 Oct 2014
Hi Alison,
Thank you so much for taking time out to write a review on Chilbury Mortimer - it's so rewarding to have such wonderful feedback! It was a pleasure to be able to help you and I am so happy that you all had a great time :)

Take care and please keep in touch

Louise
Martin210...
London, United Kingdom
“Would love to still be there...”
Reviewed 15 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed at the Chilbury Mortimer with my wife and children aged 16, 14 and 11 and had a really great time. Louise, the owner, ensured we had all we needed before our stay and also available during our stay (especially when we accidentally put the child lock on the washing machine!). Villa is lovely inside with all that you could need for a relaxing holiday. Great pool cleaned twice a week.

The villa is about a 7 minute walk to Corralia beach which is stunning. The more popular Coral Beach (but not necessarily better than Corralia beach) is about a further 15 minute walk with the main strip of restaurants another 10 minutes walk.

Whilst not specifically related to a review of the Chilbury Mortimer, you have to experience the butcher's counter at the nearby Phillipos supermarket.

Highly recommend this villa

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the pool, kid liked the wifi!
Liked least: No outside shower, couple of broken sunbeds, loud neighbours but only on a couple of days
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hi Martin,
Thank you so much for taking time to review Chilbury Mortimer; receiving such positive feedback means a lot to us ... thank you!
I am so happy that you had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed the villa / surrounding area. Please let me know if you have any plans to return to Cyprus as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back :)
Take care, Louise
cx152
Romford
“Paradise”
Reviewed 12 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Just got back from a wonderful two weeks in Cyprus.
Absolutely stunning villa, has everything you could need. The pool & grounds were beautiful.
In a great location, easy walking distance to the beach. Close to the main strip of bars & restaurants.
Louise the landlady was really helpful & friendly. Nothing more to ask for.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Oct 2014
Thank you so much James for your lovely review. I really want to make sure that the villa is in great condition and that we offer the best possible service - I have a lot of help from my maintenance team and your feedback is a great testimony to them. It means a lot, thank you! It was our pleasure to welcome your family to Coral Bay, please keep in touch :) Take care, Louise
Emma R
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Villa, Great Location”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Chilbury Mortimer is a beautiful villa, situated within walking distance or nearby bars and restaurants and about 20 - 25 minute walk from the Coral Bay strip.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time and would highly recommend this villa, we are considering returning because it was such a great stay.
The owner was very friendly and helpful with the many queries and questions we have before we arrived.

Travelling group: Large Group
Hi Samantha,
Thank you for your lovely review and special congratulations on your engagement whilst staying at Chilbury! Of course you have to come back at some point to celebrate and it will be our pleasure to welcome you! Champagne on ice waiting for you and your fiancé!
Take care, Louise
Reviewed 28 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Location
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Patio and pool area
Liked least: Nothing really to put here however although an excellent TV, couldn't pick up English channels, not really an issue for us, we watched films some evenings. There are DVD's provided.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing