This hotel is definitely not a 4 Star as described by their own brochures and the tour operators. We stayed for 14 nights and like some of the other reviews I would say that this hotel is in a very poor state of repair. The rooms are the worst and are in desperate need of updating. A very small bathroom consisted of a stained toilet seat, dirty grouting, rust on the ceiling and tiles which were dating back to the 60s! Carpets in the hallways are filthy and stained. Cleanliness of the rooms did depend on the maid if she was Cypriot then it was spotless, but most of the staff are of eastern european origin and they did not care, therefore most days the floor was cleaned with a diry mop. Food was good although the restaurant did not open for dinner until 7pm which is rather late when you have little ones. Most of the other hotels start dinner at 6pm which would have been much better.
The entertainment in the hotel was very poor and sometimes non-existent. We were tired of the same old routine in the evening, there was no caberet or local entertainment which is unacceptable. The pool bar at the top pool was never opened so if you were sat there and needed a drink you had to walk down to the bottom pool or go into the hotel's Nero's Bar in the Reception Area which if you're wet you wouldn't do!
One of the worst aspects was the invasion of Russians in the hotel, there were hardly any English visitors and the Russians were rude, arrogant and never waited their turn in the restaurants when obtaining their meals, they pushed, shoved and intimidated others.
We were more than ready to leave and would never go to this hotel again - I know you get what you pay for but I would expect clean, working standard equipment and would not expect to have to clean the floors myself when on holiday and have no decent entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of the Laura Beach Hotel, an oasis of tranquility and relaxation on the South coast of Cyprus, in Paphos. The Hotel is situated on the sea front of Paphos, a few kilometers from Paphos city center and is privileged to share close proximity to the finest locations and treasures of the island such as the famous Tombs of the Kings, an Ancient Archaeological Heritage site. The Laura Beach Hotel is one of the few Paphos hotels with a west-facing outlook that provides guests with a sublime view of blazing indescribable sunsets. Amongst several other Paphos Hotels, Laura Beach Hotel in Paphos, is a leading Hotel which can meet the needs of all travelers--families, couples and business people. During the winter period 12/13 the hotel has gone through major renovations in the public areas and guests' rooms and the latest addition of 2014 our full size splash water park which is one of the biggest water park situated within a hotel's ground. Moreover, all restaurants and bars have been renovated giving them a modern look with frameless windows for the amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Laura Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyprotel Laura Beach Paphos
- Laura Beach Hotel Paphos
- Hotel Cyprotel Laura Beach