Just returned on 21st August 2013 from a 10 night family holiday (Ages 42, 39, 9, 7) at the Laura Beach Hotel.
Let’s begin with the positives, nice pools, especially great for the children played in them all day long, warmest outdoor pool ever. New kids splash area was fantastic.
Pool attendants cleaned everyday but inconsiderate people who smoke leave nub ends everywhere which young children love picking up. Glad ours are past that stage.
Poolside bar staff very friendly made you feel welcome.
The bedroom was clean but very basic; children’s room was white washed with no pictures or furniture just 2 steel framed beds, like army camp.
Sea views are stunning.
Our son is a very fussy eater, like’s fish fingers, pizza and fresh fruit, and after speaking to the Assistant Manager who was very accommodating providing this for us every night.
Now the negatives. Ants everywhere, I have never seen so many ants, ants and more ants.
We booked and paid for a Executive Family Garden View Suite with corner Jacuzzi bath, our kids were so excited to get a Jacuzzi bath every night, I even telephoned to confirm this room and was the correct one we were booking but upon arrival was told this wasn’t available and got stuck on the second floor in another room which they called a luxury suite. Believe me there is nothing luxury about the whole hotel never mind our room. Upon hearing the nightmare stories about the rooms on floor one, we were lucky we got what we received.
This hotel is never a 4*, 3* at best, there is no greeter at the restaurant, you have to seat yourself and the majority of the time clean and lay the table’s yourself. Dress code is really casual men in shorts every evening and women straight from pool into dinner, was like being at a holiday camp.
The drinks are of a very poor quality, and the food is cheap and repetitive, if you are used to 4* you are going to be disappointed.
Every member of staff other than the poolside bar is miserable.
They charge for certain children’s drinks, milkshakes and bottles of water. The internet is 30 Euros per week and the quality is poor unless you sit in reception. You have to pay for the fridge and safe.
The hallways on floor 2 leading to the rooms are filthy, never hovered the whole of our stay.
You can only get BBC world news in English.
What little entertainment we saw was very poor and on a shoe string budget, I understand there was an animation team in the day but never saw anyone during our stay.
After all the comments I have read about other nationalities, there was a good mix and all with good and bad points no different to us Brits.
Overall a good rest was had as the weather was fantastic and the pool was lovely, but everything else was a disappointment.
Certainly wouldn’t recommend or return unless great efforts were made to improve the standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of the Laura Beach Hotel, an oasis of tranquility and relaxation on the South coast of Cyprus, in Paphos. The Hotel is situated on the sea front of Paphos, a few kilometers from Paphos city center and is privileged to share close proximity to the finest locations and treasures of the island such as the famous Tombs of the Kings, an Ancient Archaeological Heritage site. The Laura Beach Hotel is one of the few Paphos hotels with a west-facing outlook that provides guests with a sublime view of blazing indescribable sunsets. Amongst several other Paphos Hotels, Laura Beach Hotel in Paphos, is a leading Hotel which can meet the needs of all travelers--families, couples and business people. During the winter period 12/13 the hotel has gone through major renovations in the public areas and guests' rooms and the latest addition of 2014 our full size splash water park which is one of the biggest water park situated within a hotel's ground. Moreover, all restaurants and bars have been renovated giving them a modern look with frameless windows for the amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookcyprus.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laura Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyprotel Laura Beach Paphos
- Laura Beach Hotel Paphos
- Hotel Cyprotel Laura Beach