“Fabulous Wedding Venue”

Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We got married at the Annabelle hotel in May this year and could not have had a more amazing day. Sally, the wedding planner, is brilliant and has everything running smoothly from the very first time you visit the hotel until the end of the evening.
We chose to get married and have our cocktail reception on the decking area which was blocked off to stop other guests walking through. Our cake was the best wedding cake I have ever had - definitely have the chocolate and victoria sponge!
The meal was in the taverna at the front of the hotel. We opted for the Cypriot buffet and it was heavenly - everyone raved about the food. The beef stiffado was particuarly good!
The grounds of the hotel are fabulous for pictures - we have amazing pictures (check out Paul Jones - he is one of the photographers for the Annabelle and he is fab!).
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering getting married in Cyprus. Sally and the staff at the Annabelle take good care of you on your big day.

I would like to thank Sally for making our day so perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,055)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I would just like to say that if you are planning a Wedding Abroad then this has to be the venue to hold your wedding at.
We arrived late at night & were welcomed by lovely friendly staff. We were offered refreshments & there was somebody there to take our luggage off us & up to our amazing sea view room.
The wedding organiser who helped me to co ordinate my wedding was fabulous & was also English & understood all the important things to make our Special day a memorable one. ( which she did amazingly)
From the Flowers to the Cake, transportation for our Guests & the hotel has a beauty salon along with a hairdressers.
The bridesmaids looked amazing & they were very happy with their hair.

We also used a photographer recommend by the hotel & he was fantastic, there was not one bad photo!!
Lots of natural shots of everybody definitely worth booking ask for Pambus the photographer. A & C Photokinisi Ltd.

We married at the Town Hall in Paphos & had our reception at the hotel where we stayed for the week, but if I could do it all again I would have married in the grounds of the hotel.

The food was outstanding & in England we would have paid alot more for the standard of what we received from this hotel & again all the staff were amazing through out the whole day from start to finish.

Looking forward to going back to celebrate our wedding anniversary there.

Thank you for making it a truly amazing, wonderful, magical day.

From Mr & Mrs Procopiou - Carter

• Stayed May 2012
7 Thank S4ctr
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Recently went to Paphos for a friend's wedding (wasn't at The Annabelle although we did see a wedding reception there). Over 30 of us booked to stay at The Annabelle, we'd all booked at different times and for different lengths of stay.

I arrived with the bride to be and 4 other friends, and we were told on arrival that all the rooms were ready apart from the bride's room and that they were doing something special... suddenly her room was ready so off we went in the direction of my room and her room. Mine was great, much more spacious than I had anticipated. Hers, smaller, on the ground floor with a terrace overlooking the pool that you can't swim in... she wasn't entirely impressed but it didn't really matter (she later got upgraded anyway!).

Having said all that, compared to everyone else's rooms, our room was palatial. We dubbed it a conference suite - so much so that most of the girls came to get ready in our room for the wedding.

Food was great. Breakfast great, dinner great. Drinks by the pool are yummy, food in Paphos is really tasty and if you don't want to eat at the hotel, there are plenty of places nearby - there is a tapas place on a jetty literally just outside the hotel on the seafront to the left. Lounging by the pool is hot - get your towels down there quickly (they give you beach towels) and if you're unlucky you'll be told you can't drink water purchased elsewhere at the hotel. The pool-bar is a lot of fun as well. You also can't keep your drinks in the fridge (minibar) in the room - to be expected and rooms were cool. I didn't use the spa, but friends did and highly recommended it. As we were flying home late in the evening, the hotel were really accommodating and allowed us to use the showers in the old gym area.

Was a great holiday, some friends only booked for a very brief stay and the hotel tried to charge them for the dinner but that wasn't in the booking or advised on arrival and the staff weren't that great in dealing with this but eventually it was sorted and we certainly didn't let it spoil the holiday.

To be fair, I was on holiday with all of my friends so it was going to be great regardless!

Room Tip: Rooms to the right hand side of the hotel on arrival are better! This is towards the garden suite ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Emski_6_3
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

My nana has been coming to the Annabelle since it opened in 1985 and has always told me stories of her many times there. She invited me to join her in October 2010 and I have returned three times since. The Annabelle is a truly beautiful hotel, set on the sea front and it's charm envelopes you as soon as you step inside. The Annabelle is on the doorstep of all the treasures pathos has to offer, yet to me the hotel is a private and peaceful world in itself. When I think of the Annabelle I think of the view of the sparkling sea, the exquisite gardens that enclose the grotto's tiny rivers and waterfalls, the vast array of delicious food that the different restaurants have to offer, and how everything in the hotel looks as if it has been polished all day long. But when I think about what I love about the Annabelle and what makes me return, it is always the incredible staff that the hotel attracts. The people who work in the hotel are what brings it to life. There is nothing better than returning to a hotel where the people hug and greet you like old friends. They seem to remember not just your name, but everything you ever told them. There does not appear to be anything they would not do to ensure your holiday is perfect. Without these people the Annabelle would still be an undoubtedly beautiful place to visit, but the friendly charm of the staff is what tempts you to return again and again.

Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Melissa M
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at The Annabelle, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We are always proud to welcome you and your Grandmother back to the Annabelle. The team here are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much once again.

Thank you also for taking the time to share your lovely comments about your experience here, it means alot to us.

Can I ask you to contact me via the main hotel website as we would like to offer you a gesture for your next visit.

Our returning guests are very special to us at the Annabelle, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Duty Manager
Norfolk
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a one week stay. They do charge 15 euros for use of the mini bar for the duration of your stay if you want to have it emptied and use it as a fridge - we did! It is unreasonable really but we paid it and we were happy to have the fridge to use. In reference to an earlier comment they do ask for a credit card as security but then most places do regardless of the package/travel operator etc. We took a travel iron so we didn't get caught out getting charged to use the hotels. No tea/coffee facilities in rooms which would be nice, so a travel kettle is a good idea if you like a cup of tea/ coffee when you wake. The food is great, lots of choice and on a themed rota. Just outside are shops and places to eat, ideal for lunch if you are on a half board package like we were. It was amazing how early sun beds went but we were up and about early but I didn't see ever a time that there were no loungers either round the pool or the beach area.

This is a great hotel for grown-ups, we were there as a family but found not a great deal to do for kids, ours loved the pool but it was the same everyday and they did get a bit bored at times. The hotel is family friendly though and there were lots of families staying there. We found that the cocktails, wine etc priced as you would expect but soft drink are almost 3 euros which is pricey. The public areas are a better finish than the rooms, however they are kept clean and in good order. I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and I can say that based on the food, facilities (business centre, free wifi) that this is a comfortable hotel worthy of 4stars but would need upgraded rooms to be 5.

Stayed July 2012
8 Thank Traci H
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just back from visiting hotel Annabelle. If you are looking for a completely relaxing, chill out holiday then this hotel fits the bill. We stayed for 1 week and we were on half board terms - something we do not usually do, however, decided to give it go and glad we did. The food at both breakfast and dinner were well presented, tasty and the variety was great. The themes that ran through the week included Italian, Chinese and Cypriot to name a few and all food was freshly cooked. At breakfast - fresh omelletes made to your liking always helps. I must commend the staff both at breakfast and evenings - the place ran like clockwork and just seemed very efficient. If we had any complaint about the restaurant, this was only the outside tables weren't greatly lit and after 8ish became very dark - however you do have the option to eat inside with bright lights. The prices of drinks were average and in line with most other similar standard hotels - 3/4 euros for 1LTR of water, cocktails for 6.5 euros and spirit/mixer the same price. Reading some previous reviews seems to suggest that getting a sunbed either at the pool or near beach was a problem - for the full week we did not experience this and every day we were able to get a bed, good location about 9am-no early morning towel run for us. I would also mention that the beach area is much cooler than the pool - a breeze really helps in 38 degree heat! We stayed in room 229 - at first we were a little disappointed and apprehensive as this room is right at reception, however, we changed our mind quickly. There was no noise, no disruption and we had a good view of the lake in the middle of the hotel - pleasant balcony and very spacious. On our first morning after breakfast our air con system leaked and when we arrived there was water pouring out of the door - the staff and manager were excellent in dealing with this situation and we couldn't be more pleased with the way it was handled. All clothes that were wet, were sent to be dry cleaned free of charge imediately and a maintence man had fixed air con within 30 mins. The clothes were back same day and we didnt have any other problems - the manager sent a complimentary bottle of champagne - which was unexpected and a nice touch (the only disappointment was that the reception staff would not allow us to have the champagne at dinner and refused to bring the bottle to restaurant - I would not have drank 2 bottles of champagne with my husband as we're not heavy drinkers and was disappointed they didnt allow this. We wouldnt have opened the bottle that night if we didnt think we could have it with dinner).
We were due to check out at noon and our flight didn't leave till early hours in the following morning - I asked at reception if we could hold our room longer however this was not possible as already allocated. However, reception then called to say that we could have another room for 1 hour to shower and change free of charge before dinner. Thought this was superb and again very customer service driven. The staff I would like to mention (sorry if spelling wrong) are Thomas and Judit at evening bar - always smiling and pleasant - Nickolay and Nicolai at breakfast and in the evening, again very attentive. The managers who ran the restaurant were also very good.

I would definately recommend this hotel for couples and families and enjoyed our week very much. If I was returning to Cyprus I would stay at Annabelle again without hesitation.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank C17oce
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were very apprehensive about our Holiday staying at The ANnabelle after reading travellers reviews on TrIp Advisor. However we have just returned from a fortnight at this HOtel and had a wonderful time at a 5star hotel.

Food was fab excellent choices at both Breakfast and DInner.

There were 7 of us and we did not struggle to get Sunbeds or parasols and there was
Plenty of availability and didn't always need to get up at the crack of dawn, 8/8.30 was fine unless you wanted a particular position.

Drinks are expensive, my experience is that most 5star hotels the drinks are always pricey.

The guests at the hotel were a mixed aged group, I travelled with one 12 and one 15 year o,d my parents and my sister.

Service is key in my working environment and the staff here are exceptional in all areas.

A special mention to a stand out waiter Ciprian in the Fontana Restaurant, fabulous.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family