The Annabelle
US$267
US$93
US$406
US$391
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$150
US$248
US$211
Priceline
2,971 results
All reviewsfontana restaurantsister hotelsea viewhalf boardstar hotellovely hotelpool staffbuffet restaurantnothing is too much troublehead chefsea frontturn down serviceswim up barmini barbreakfast and dinnerevery eveningrelaxing holiday
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband the first week of June. We chose this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews. We had high expectations due to this, but we were left somewhat disappointed. I'd firstly like to point out that neither of us are used to 5 star luxury in the UK, and are not fussy people at all. Is this a 5 star hotel? To Cypriot standards, I don't know, but to someone from the UK I would rate the following:
ROOM - 3 stars. When we were shown our room (19) it felt like we were being taken to the back of beyond. The room was large, and cool - we never used the air con. The view, well there was none... but then we didn't pay extra for one so no surprise there. The room itself was clean to an extent, but nooks and crannies looked like they needed a good scrub and silicone around bathroom fittings was discoloured in parts. The main shower head wasn't great, but there was another hand held attachment that could be used. No iron in the room, you have to ring reception to bring one down and it took a while to come. This put my husband off asking for it again. The lighting in the room was terrible, I had to sit outside to do my makeup even although there was a lovely big mirror in the room. House keepers start very early, we know as we were woken up by them every morning as the walls were paper thin and you could hear everything. Please do something about the fire door being slammed by members of staff! TV channels are rubbish, yes i know you don't go on holiday to watch telly, but sometimes it's nice to have something on of interest while waiting for the other half to get ready for tea. You couldn't even use the wifi in the room as it kept on dropping out. I have no idea how expensive the mini bar was as there was no price list. I mentioned to my husband that I'd stayed in better travel lodges, but he seemed to think I was being a bit harsh.

STAFF - 4.5 stars. All very pleasant, polite members of staff. Some obviously more attentive towards those who come back every year...and there were a lot. The English chef, didn't catch his name, was particularly interested in everyone's days and produced excellent food...
FOOD - 4.5 stars (as far as buffets go). I defy anyone not to find anything they'd like to eat for breakfast or dinner at these buffets. There's a great choice of dishes. The dinner is themed and is changed every night so you don't get bored. However we did eat out of the hotel one night purely to experience some authentic meze.
OVERALL AMBIANCE - 3 Stars. This is a sleepy hotel and is catered for older guest. My husband and I are 33 and 35, and were definitely one of the younger couples. I would hazard a guess and say the average age here would be around 65-70. An elderly lady spoke to us in the lift and said 'do you not think this hotel feels like gods waiting room'...enough said! There was no real evening entertainment, except a pianist or singer in the lobby bar which the older residents would dose off to. OK, so there is entertainment outside the hotel, which leads to...
LOCATION - 5 stars. 15 mins or so from airport and a few minutes walk to harbour.

Overall a good holiday. Will we be returning? Probably not.

4  Thank ReviewerJDS
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at The Annabelle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2015

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion about your stay at Annabelle. I pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I am disappointed that there were aspects of your stay which did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and helpful, to allow us to make improvements for our guests complete comfort and enjoyment

We hope to welcome you back to Annabelle in the near future. Please do contact our Guest services team if we can assist you with your future reservation requirements on gserv.annabelle@thanoshotels.com

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Immaculate Gardens, Well Appointed Rooms, Personalised Service and a Grand 1990s architecture along with Personalized Service and an haute Cuisine to match make Annabelle truly unique.

The hotel is located close to Paphos Harbour with amazing views of the castle on the horizon. The hotel was one of the first 5* properties on the island and its grandeur and unique architecture of the 90s is well maintained especially in the public areas. The facilities that the hotel is lacking are served by the sister property Almyra (Member of the Design Hotels of the World) (Spa, Gym and Adult only pool).

The hotel restaurants (A la Cart) are a true highlight, the 4-course dinner at the Amorosa was truly amazing. Notios restaurant at Almyra next door is also a must-try with Asian Haute Cuisine. The buffet restaurant offers a good selection for Breakfast but I would not recommend them for dinner. Ouzeri is also one of my favorite restaurants in the resort literary with al fresco dining on the sea. Mediteranneo also offers nice sea views and a good choice of Mediterranean cuisine for lunch.

For drinks the lobby bar, offers a really good selection matched with good quality and presentation. The cocktails however that we ordered at the pool bar were disappointing.

The rooms although spacious, well appointed and immaculately clean do require a bit of updating (Furniture and Interior Design) to match the quality and design level of sister properties Anassa and Almyra. Avoid the inland view rooms since they are smaller and the views not that great. The sea view rooms and deluxe sea view rooms are the best choice especially if you prefer to be within the main building and not on the ground/garden floor level.

All in all, i do find Annabelle a unique hotel in Paphos that truly knows how to treat its guest and I truly enjoy my time here relaxing at the hotels tropical gardens, wooden decks and enjoying the fine cuisine of Rob Shipman. I would expect in the future to see some updating especially within the rooms of the property to match other deluxe hotel property standards, but I will be definitely back next year for a few day relaxing couple retreat.

Room Tip: Go for a Sea View or Deluxe Sea View Room. The Inland View Rooms although well appointed are smaller and the views are not the best.
1  Thank Peter431

Reviewed 20 June 2014

have just returned from a great 10 day holiday at the annabelle hotel. it was amazing, the hotel is wonderful. the staff are attentive, friendly, and polite. David the chef and his team provide the most amazing food. The restaurant team are superb excellent service. the team in the lobby bar were great, especially Olimpia and Elgya they were delightful. our room was lovely, clean towels and bed linen every day. Loved the little note and the flower that was left every night on the pillow - a lovely touch. The facilities at the hotel were fab, we spent most of our time on the grassed area near the beach - the waiters in the restaurant always made sure we had everything we needed. all in all a wonderful holiday. Paphos is a lovely town, plenty of bars and cafes and quite a few nice shops.

if you were considering cyprus as a holiday desitination we would recommend the annabelle hotel.

Room Tip: sea view double room 2nd floor
2  Thank debbie p

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at Annabelle. I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay overall. Your comments have been communicated to the team and are gratefully received.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We got married here in May and had a fantastic day. Myria the new wedding planner was very nice and nothing was too much trouble. We also brought around 10 other guests who stayed for 1 -2 weeks, so we were a little dissapointed not to get a better room upgrade than the standard sea view for a married couple. The hotel had agreed when we booked the wedding/hotel to upgrade us from seaview if there was anything better available (which there was) - on the plus side they did upgrade to us a plunge pool for one night which was appreciated. Some of our wedding guests had an issue on their last night which was the fault of the hotel and poor communication between staff. They apologised and made it right.

Overall the hotel was great, the pool area was great and the staff were friendly. I have not stayed in many 5* hotels so I can't really compare to others. Looking at comments on here a lot of people seem to say it needs a bit of a upgrade - it probably does but make no mistake it was still a very good hotel.

Drinks are pricey but this was expected so didn't bother me. I thought the buffet food was very good. The cost of the holiday was expensive, but Cyprus is. Just make sure you bring plenty of money to enjoy the hotel and the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at Annabelle. I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay overall. We are proud that you chose to celebrate your Wedding with us, and it was an honour to ensure every aspect of your special day was
memorable

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very nice hotel in a fantastic location. A short ride to and from the airport. The hotel staff are friendly and welcoming but does need a revamp. Yes I can agree with others that have reviewed this hotel about prices and drinks is correct I think it was about 6.50 Euros for a beer in the hotel and you can walk out of the hotel about 2 mins walk and get a beer for 2.50 Euro. Cannot review on the food as we were only B & B so ate out every night, but the prices for food did look on the expensive side.
Would we go back to Paphos the answer is yes, but would I stay at the Annabelle, maybe, depends if it gets a refit and prices would come down for food and drink.

Room Tip: We were in the Aphrodite Wing on the ground floor, which was OK but not brilliant, but who stays in the room all day.
3  Thank SussexCefer

I am disappointed that there were aspects of your stay which did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and helpful to allow us to make improvements for our guests complete comfort and enjoyment