I felt compelled to write a review for The Annabelle after seeing some of the negative comments before we left. My new wife and I had probably the best holiday we've ever had! We stayed in a deluxe sea facing room in the Adonis wing and I have to say that it was truly superb. The views from our balcony were magical, taking in the pristine pool area, tropical gardens, beautiful grotto, immediate coast line and also the harbour off to the right. Watching the sunset every night with a bottle of wine was excellent. The room itself was spacious, very clean, well furnished and quite modern - nothing like the outdated rooms we'd read about.
All of the staff we encountered were helpful and very friendly. We felt well looked after and nothing was too much of a bother. They knew that we were on our honeymoon and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room! The maid service was outstanding, making our room up twice daily. The pool area staff/waiters were great too - you should try their freshly made milkshakes (especially Gregory's)!
We were B&B based, and the breakfasts were very good. It was pretty much the same every day, but the large amount of choice on offer ensured that you could vary it from day to day if you wanted.
The only down point was that we'd heard much about the restaurants in The Annabelle and wanted to try them out. We would have if they weren't so quiet! Sometimes they had literally no customers at all, and often only had a table or two taken. We prefer an eatery with a bit more atmosphere. We did, however, go their traditional Cypriot night with tables right down at the sea front - I highly recommend this as we had a lovely night.
Restaurants in Paphos that we really enjoyed were Grazie (an excellent Italian), Hondros (the best local food we had), Theo's (the best sea food on the harbour) and The New Delhi (an excellent Indian).
We'll definitely be making a return visit to The Annabelle in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sincere welcome awaits at Annabelle, a family-run oasis set within six acres of lush gardens on Paphos' Mediterranean sea front. Cool, peaceful interiors, understated design and warm, caring service combined with 5 star luxury to create a distinct atmosphere of unpretentious elegance. Four restaurants and five bars showcase seasonal produce, delicate local wines and traditional Cypriot charm, with live music almost every night of the week. Glittering waterfalls reflect the tantalising blue of the Mediterranean; swaying palms slow life to a blissful pace and languid days roll into leisurely nights with impeccable ease... Welcome to Annabelle: luxury for the soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookcyprus.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Prestigia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Annabelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Annabelle Hotel Paphos
- Annabelle Hotel Paphos
- Annabelle Paphos
- Hotel Annabelle Cyprus
- Annabelle Cyprus Hotel Paphos
- The Annabelle Paphos
- Annabelle Hotel Cyprus