“We love Notios”

Notios
Ranked #163 of 542 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: US$0 - US$104
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience the purity of Japanese food combined with sensuous Mediterranean flavours at the al fresco Notios. Our Executive Chef loves experimenting but is equally passionate about simple, honest food. The result: exciting, modern cuisine underpinned with culinary integrity. Notios is open for lunch and dinner from April to November (weather-permitting the rest of the year).
Moscow
“We love Notios”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

While staying at Almyra we ate lunch in Notios every day. They have good balanced kids menu, very friendly staff. The fish was always fresh which had been important for me, because I used to eat sashimi. We liked the dinner also, but we didn't try omakase. The food was not cheap. Lunch for 2 adults and 1 toddler cost us about 60 euros.

• Greek first
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The mix of Mediterranean and Japanese is quite fascinating and you should not be put off by what you might think are strange combinations.the food is excellent and the fish in particular very good indeed. The scallops and lobster are amazing and the fusion of cultures works really well. It is not cheap but definitely worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Good but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Don't get me wrong, the ambiance and location are top notch and the service is good for cyprus standards. The food is very good too, BUT they advertise an Omakase menu (it's supposed to mean trust the chef) which is basically a five course degustation menu (they say they can create personalized degustation menus 5,7,9 course with a days notice and a meeting with the chef).

So when a restaurant ask me to trust the chef for 50 Eur per person I expect to be blown away. Maybe not Michelin star quality but close. So was the food bad? No but it was not imaginative, innovative or interesting it was generally tasty but nothing I couldn't make my self at home.

The tuna carpaccio with truffle was the best course and the panacotta probably the most boring and heavy one.

So ok but for 100 Eur for two I wouldn't go back

• Visited September 2013
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Check your bill before you leave the restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Although I didn't stay in this hotel I did eat in the beach front restaurant and have to say the food was delicious and fresh.
However I do feel it is very over priced and being charged 5-50 euros for a portion of chips and 4-50 for a cup of tea is excessive.
But the biggest shocker was being charged 8 euros for a small glass of white wine and on returning to our hotel and checking the bill again I had been charged for 3 glasses when I'd only had two.
It was too late to return to question the bill but a warning to any other unsuspecting customers.
Don't pay without checking